The never-ending-no-topic-anything-goes topic

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:32 pm
EMan32 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I made some strides last year in the H2H league near the end. It was almost like the Warriors run to the playoffs. I won a ton of games on the end stretch, but I just couldn't get in the playoffs even though my chance looked pretty good. Only reason why I beat colt was because he rarely ever checked his team.

You were awesome after our trade of Amare and Deng for Lebron. Had you started your win streak one week earlier, you would have made the playoffs

gosh damn!!!! amare AND deng for lbj?!?! lbj is good but if im getting amare and deng for him then damn...peace out lebron. that was a steal

I think you're the first to think it that way. Many saw it as a dumb or strongly questionable trade. At the time, The King was averaging 25/6. Amare had around 24/10 and Deng had 20/10. I'd say it was a steal.

dumb?? questionable??? more than a steal..a mass rape-age. someone offers me amare and deng for lbj i accept in a heartbeat. dont expect me to offer 2 beasts for 1 beast this season guys :wink:

It was the usual ramblings tossers that started whining that I got a steal in Lebron, as if it was anything to do with them anyway.

Amare was not producing much early last season and I started trying to trade him early on. By the time me and xbay made that trade Amare was on fire, as was Den. I already another two good Centers and wanted to up my assists just a bit and Lebron did that for me. My rebounds didn't suffer at all as I was still best in the league so it was a good trade for me too. Win-Win it was

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:51 pm
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I made some strides last year in the H2H league near the end. It was almost like the Warriors run to the playoffs. I won a ton of games on the end stretch, but I just couldn't get in the playoffs even though my chance looked pretty good. Only reason why I beat colt was because he rarely ever checked his team.

You were awesome after our trade of Amare and Deng for Lebron. Had you started your win streak one week earlier, you would have made the playoffs

gosh damn!!!! amare AND deng for lbj?!?! lbj is good but if im getting amare and deng for him then damn...peace out lebron. that was a steal

I think you're the first to think it that way. Many saw it as a dumb or strongly questionable trade. At the time, The King was averaging 25/6. Amare had around 24/10 and Deng had 20/10. I'd say it was a steal.

dumb?? questionable??? more than a steal..a mass rape-age. someone offers me amare and deng for lbj i accept in a heartbeat. dont expect me to offer 2 beasts for 1 beast this season guys :wink:

It was the usual ramblings tossers that started whining that I got a steal in Lebron, as if it was anything to do with them anyway.

Amare was not producing much early last season and I started trying to trade him early on. By the time me and xbay made that trade Amare was on fire, as was Den. I already another two good Centers and wanted to up my assists just a bit and Lebron did that for me. My rebounds didn't suffer at all as I was still best in the league so it was a good trade for me too. Win-Win it was

thats kool. from the way it sounds you were a lock for playoffs with room to spare anywayz. you probably could have gotten a better deal from other people tho
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:51 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:

thats kool. from the way it sounds you were a lock for playoffs with room to spare anywayz. you probably could have gotten a better deal from other people tho

I was happy getting Lebron. As I said I had a talented team anyway

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:55 am
I didn't say anything about the trade. In any trade between two users, both have to agree to it. If they do, it's nobody else's business.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:13 pm
TMC wrote:I didn't say anything about the trade. In any trade between two users, both have to agree to it. If they do, it's nobody else's business.

not necessarily...sometimes a trade is heavily in favor of one person and that screws up the competition. thats why yahoo allows the chance to veto. ive also seen times when money was on the line n teams combined their best players on one team just to wi the money and split it in the end.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:25 pm
EMan32 wrote:not necessarily...sometimes a trade is heavily in favor of one person and that screws up the competition. thats why yahoo allows the chance to veto. ive also seen times when money was on the line n teams combined their best players on one team just to wi the money and split it in the end.

That's different. If it's a friendly league, there's no reason to control anything. If it's really competitive, with money on the line or other kind of bets, then yeah. It definitely would need some kind of control by the rest of the users.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:30 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:not necessarily...sometimes a trade is heavily in favor of one person and that screws up the competition. thats why yahoo allows the chance to veto. ive also seen times when money was on the line n teams combined their best players on one team just to wi the money and split it in the end.

That's different. If it's a friendly league, there's no reason to control anything. If it's really competitive, with money on the line or other kind of bets, then yeah. It definitely would need some kind of control by the rest of the users.

even in a friendly league...a stacked team takes all the fun out of it

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:54 pm
TMC wrote:

That's right, in a friendly league like ours, there should be no interference with trades between people. The whole purpose of trading is to try to get better team anyway

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:15 am
EMan32 wrote:even in a friendly league...a stacked team takes all the fun out of it

Yeah, but it's like in real life. If both sides agree to it, why not?. It's different if there's something else on the line. In that case, it can be considered a fraud... but if not, I assume both sides of the trade want to improve.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:45 pm
Our never ending thread is ending.... let's keep it up, guys. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:43 am
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:even in a friendly league...a stacked team takes all the fun out of it

Yeah, but it's like in real life. If both sides agree to it, why not?. It's different if there's something else on the line. In that case, it can be considered a fraud... but if not, I assume both sides of the trade want to improve.

I kind of agree with eman here. I know from seasons where I used to do fantasy hoops that one thing I'd always do at the beginning of seasons was make shitloads of trade offers and try to fleece the newbies. Uninformed people being allowed to trade can take the fun out of it.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:47 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

I kind of agree with eman here. I know from seasons where I used to do fantasy hoops that one thing I'd always do at the beginning of seasons was make shitloads of trade offers and try to fleece the newbies. Uninformed people being allowed to trade can take the fun out of it.

You have to respect everyone's free will to make their own decisions. It's like not allowing a trade to happen in the nba because a few teams think it's unfair. A crock

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:15 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

True... but everybody can do that, too. It's not like you have an unfair advantage.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:33 am
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

You have to respect everyone's free will to make their own decisions. It's like not allowing a trade to happen in the nba because a few teams think it's unfair. A crock

yeah but say it was a maxiell for amare trade. everyone knows its unfair but theres no one to veto it. now the person in 1st place who drafted a good team and made fair trades/ FA acquisitions will go to second place cuz some other guy who was probably 1 game away from making the playoffs moves into first place due to an unfair trade. when you take away competetion you take away the fun.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:36 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

yeah but say it was a maxiell for amare trade. everyone knows its unfair but theres no one to veto it. now the person in 1st place who drafted a good team and made fair trades/ FA acquisitions will go to second place cuz some other guy who was probably 1 game away from making the playoffs moves into first place due to an unfair trade. when you take away competetion you take away the fun.

There have been some lopsided trades in nba history! What, does David Stern now have the right to veto the trade and reject it! No!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum