Madden 08

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:58 am
I just got the game for 360 and I notice the lag but there has always been lag with the hit stick. It makes sense though - you have to be 100% lined up with the guy before you sell out on a hit.

Madden's commentary was stale, but the radio guy is awful. The only time you hear him in the game is when you "Ask Madden."

I played two games last night - the first with the Saints which was (pardon the pun) a breeze. Then I played a game with the 49ers - it is brutal trying to pass downfield with Smith right after playing with Brees. He barely gets it there every time.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:30 pm
Playing with Brees was a breeze!! Ahahaahahahahaaha :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:23 pm
i just got madden 8 but still learn how to played...man its really hard then what i thought.... :?
I always played soccer game before (Winning Eleven) and it's easy for me even i played the allstar level...
Anyway, i will not give up for this madden 8...
hehehehe...i got it for FREE....
my friend use CD and burn it to me...so i hope in these week i already know a lttle bit how to play.... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:23 pm
No worries. Madden takes some getting used to, especially if you aren't used to playing it. Keep practicing, and you'll get the hang of it.

I got a 360 this summer, and it took a while for me to get the hang of it. Throwing it to the wrong guy, running the wrong way, that type of thing. I'm a lot better now because I kept playing.

My tip: play on exhibition. Pick the Patriots against the Raiders, and rock on. :headbang:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:23 am
My tip. Start playing at all-pro level. The all-madden is a b*tch (the game cheats from time to time) and the other two levels are way to easy.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:17 am
I jump between pro and all-pro. All-pro seems a little hard sometimes, but pro is just too easy. Someone who is learning shouldnt be on all-pro until they get the hang of it, though.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:29 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I jump between pro and all-pro. All-pro seems a little hard sometimes, but pro is just too easy. Someone who is learning shouldnt be on all-pro until they get the hang of it, though.

Yeah, maybe. But pro is too easy. If you already know the basics about football, I think All-pro is a good level to start.

Still, it doesn't have to be the same for everybody. It's just a matter of trying which one fits you better.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:33 am
Well, William said that it was too hard, and I am willing to bet that he hasnt changed the sliders yet, so, if thats the case, he is having issues getting ahold of the game on an easy level. He said that he hasnt played Madden before, and All-Pro is tough for me, and I've played Madden for years. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:39 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, William said that it was too hard, and I am willing to bet that he hasnt changed the sliders yet, so, if thats the case, he is having issues getting ahold of the game on an easy level. He said that he hasnt played Madden before, and All-Pro is tough for me, and I've played Madden for years. :mrgreen:

Eh, ok. That I can see. I never play with the default sliders. I was talking about madden with sliders tweaked for a more realistic game.

Better forget about my tip, William. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:43 am
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, William said that it was too hard, and I am willing to bet that he hasnt changed the sliders yet, so, if thats the case, he is having issues getting ahold of the game on an easy level. He said that he hasnt played Madden before, and All-Pro is tough for me, and I've played Madden for years. :mrgreen:

Eh, ok. That I can see. I never play with the default sliders. I was talking about madden with sliders tweaked for a more realistic game.

Better forget about my tip, William. :wink:

From experience, I would rather have a game when I can move the ball and have fun, rather than a realistic game when I punt the ball twenty times, when I'm getting used to the game.

I'm not trashing you, man, just making a point. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:58 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:From experience, I would rather have a game when I can move the ball and have fun, rather than a realistic game when I punt the ball twenty times, when I'm getting used to the game.

I'm not trashing you, man, just making a point. :wink:

Ok, then I'll let you do that talking here. I cannot even remember how it was when I started playing madden. It was something like... madden 97 or so.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:46 pm
i remember posting soemthing in here but i can't seem to find the original post. i love on how the new madden all the replays are time sequenced so at the end of a game you can go view your favourite pass, sack, interception, fumble, rushing td, passing td, field goal, punt ect

this is where the new madden has stepped up TMC, i never remember being able to do this.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:09 am
pawnograffiti wrote:i remember posting soemthing in here but i can't seem to find the original post. i love on how the new madden all the replays are time sequenced so at the end of a game you can go view your favourite pass, sack, interception, fumble, rushing td, passing td, field goal, punt ect

this is where the new madden has stepped up TMC, i never remember being able to do this.

Yeah, but that ain't exactly gameplay. A nice addition, sure... but doesn't improve the game by itself.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 am
TMC wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:i remember posting soemthing in here but i can't seem to find the original post. i love on how the new madden all the replays are time sequenced so at the end of a game you can go view your favourite pass, sack, interception, fumble, rushing td, passing td, field goal, punt ect

Yeah, but that ain't exactly gameplay. A nice addition, sure... but doesn't improve the game by itself.

Thats my gameplay brother... maybe your gamestyle ain't highlight material, but it's very useful when i gonna have my youtube Superbowl 42 (Young Hizzay remix) of Bucs vs Raiders.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum