Madden 08

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:47 pm
How you guys like it? Good things? Bad things?

I got it for ps2 since i dont got a 360 yet, its basically the same thing as previous versions with some new animations and the player highlight system.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:33 pm
This is my first year playing it on 360. I had a PS2 for a long time, and I got it on that every year.

I dont like some of the glitches. For example, you edit a player, change his number, and he ages like five years. I dont like the fact that you fumble every time you get hit.

I do like the more realistic gameplay, though. In real football, you dont win 90-0, and that was my scores last year. This year, I have a hard time winning, and that is how it's supposed to be.

I give it an 8-10.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:36 pm
Yeah. Scoring is much harder now. Defense is much easier for me now. I average 4-5 interceptions a game with at least 2 of them coming from my safety. Good game...

8.3/10

Compared to 07...

6.4/10
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:10 pm
Another thing that I like about it is the goal line jumping over the pile. Jump f'n twenty feet in the air!! TD, yeees!!!! :headbang:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:39 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah. Scoring is much harder now. Defense is much easier for me now. I average 4-5 interceptions a game with at least 2 of them coming from my safety. Good game...

8.3/10

Ugh... I always have to tweak the sliders to reduce the number of INTs. I hate when there are 4 or 5 INTs in EVERY game.

Still, I like what I've read so far. And that's only because, even tho I've got the game, I won't be able to play it til next month, once I get my computer back. I'll post here again once I have played a couple of games.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:29 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah. Scoring is much harder now. Defense is much easier for me now. I average 4-5 interceptions a game with at least 2 of them coming from my safety. Good game...

8.3/10

Ugh... I always have to tweak the sliders to reduce the number of INTs. I hate when there are 4 or 5 INTs in EVERY game.

Still, I like what I've read so far. And that's only because, even tho I've got the game, I won't be able to play it til next month, once I get my computer back. I'll post here again once I have played a couple of games.

What happened to your computer TMC? You still have a computer and internet connection I take it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 am
migya wrote:What happened to your computer TMC? You still have a computer and internet connection I take it

The power source blew up. It happens to me twice a year or so (I leave it working almost all day long. It's its way to get some revenge :mrgreen: ). And I won't get another one til next month.

It's no a problem, tho. I'm posting from a laptop and I can do almost anything from here... except play Madden. :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:What happened to your computer TMC? You still have a computer and internet connection I take it

The power source blew up. It happens to me twice a year or so (I leave it working almost all day long. It's its way to get some revenge :mrgreen: ). And I won't get another one til next month.

It's no a problem, tho. I'm posting from a laptop and I can do almost anything from here... except play Madden. :banghead:

That problem you can fix in a day. Have you bought another power box

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 am
migya wrote:That problem you can fix in a day. Have you bought another power box

Yeah, but I'd rather wait another week to get one for free than pay 30€ for one now... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:21 am
I already have my computer back and have been playing a bit of the new madden...

Is it me or it's the same game we've been playing since last year?. I mean, it's still a good game (a great game if you tweak the sliders, although the passing game by the computer doesn't have an easy fix), but I expected a bit more.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:28 pm
Well it is better than All-Pro Football 2K8. I'll give it that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:32 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Well it is better than All-Pro Football 2K8. I'll give it that.

:dontknow: As with Live, Madden is the only football game for PC, so EA just makes a port from the console game. It's not like we have any more options...

Still, I was expecting a bit more. I feel like I'm playing last year's Madden with updated rosters. They just added some minor tweaks that look more like something you could get from a patch than a new game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:12 am
It's been like that for a while now. The Madden games have felt like that. I think maybe... 04? I don't know. But somewhere around that time was when Madden was on top of its game. Honestly, 08 is WAYYY better than 07 hands down.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:22 am
xbaywarrior wrote:It's been like that for a while now. The Madden games have felt like that. I think maybe... 04? I don't know. But somewhere around that time was when Madden was on top of its game. Honestly, 08 is WAYYY better than 07 hands down.

Yeah, I know it happens often. It's just that each few years (2 or 3), EA adds something to the game that revamps the whole madden franchise. That didn't happen for the last couple of titles. They're just a more refined version of the game.

The problem is that I don't think that justifies paying the full price again.

Oh, well. Who am I kidding?. Thank god we've got torrents. :mrgreen:

btw, what kind of sliders do you use?. I'm still trying to find a set that I can feel confortable with. The CPU passing game is what's giving me problems, I've got the rest of them sorted out.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:02 pm
Well I'm not comfortable yet with mine. I still have to tweak it a bit more because in Superstar, I'm a RB and because you can't control the QB, he throws at least 2 interceptions a game. Also, I need to fix how easy my WR's catch the ball when they're more of quick receivers than possesion receivers.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum