guitar solos

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:07 pm
Anyone listen to rock? I do; only certain artists, though. Anyone have favorite guitar solos from a song? And by who? Mines would be Carlos Santana and it's pretty much all his songs. His solo in Game of Love and Smooth were my top two favorites.

Role Player
Posts: 215
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:29 pm
Jason Becker --- Altitudes :D :D :D
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:53 pm
Anything by George Harrison. :D

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 pm
I'm not much of a Rock n Roller but I remember as a kid hearing Peter Frampton make his guitar talk, I downloaded it off iTunes to flash back & it is even doper now :headbang: Song is called Do You Feel Like I Do (Live) Talking Guitar version 13:46 seconds, he makes the guitar say I wanna Fuk U, crowd goes bananas, I highly recommend the download.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:28 pm
cabarkapa wrote:Jason Becker --- Altitudes :D :D :D


Cabarkapa! Haven't seen you in a long time. Sorry your man isn't staying. Staying on the forum or moving to another one if someone decides to sign him?

Anyway, back to the topic... how's about, hmm... Lynard Skynard? Anyone into him?

Rookie
Posts: 3
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:53 pm
I must have unknowingly being living on Mars.

I had never heard of Lynard until I saw "The Devil's Rejects"

Shitty movie, but great soundtrack.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:57 pm
AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" is probably the best intro I've ever heard in concert. Van Halen's song "Eruption" is sick. Gotta shout out "Sweet Child of Mine" from Guns & Roses. "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" gets a knod because George Thorogood makes slide guitar sound too sick (seriously, NOBODY could come out with a 7 minute song anymore for the radio). Everybody's gotta know "Free Bird" and "Stairway to Heaven". "Layla" is in there, you gotta give Disturbed their props for being one of the few bands nowadays capable of decent rock ("Ten Thousand Fists" is sick), and I also got a soft spot for "Voo Doo Child" from Jimi Hendrix.

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. I was listening to Clapton and Santana kick it on "The Calling" the other day (GREAT song, too).

Role Player
Posts: 215
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
cabarkapa wrote:Jason Becker --- Altitudes :D :D :D


Cabarkapa! Haven't seen you in a long time. Sorry your man isn't staying. Staying on the forum or moving to another one if someone decides to sign him?

Anyway, back to the topic... how's about, hmm... Lynard Skynard? Anyone into him?


ehh im just lurking around, too lazy to post anything :mrgreen:

and whats happening to Cabarkapa?? no one signing him?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:59 pm
cabarkapa wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
cabarkapa wrote:Jason Becker --- Altitudes :D :D :D


Cabarkapa! Haven't seen you in a long time. Sorry your man isn't staying. Staying on the forum or moving to another one if someone decides to sign him?

Anyway, back to the topic... how's about, hmm... Lynard Skynard? Anyone into him?


ehh im just lurking around, too lazy to post anything :mrgreen:

and whats happening to Cabarkapa?? no one signing him?


Maybe if he's lucky... Boston may sign for the minimum wage and then you may be able to witness your favorite guy win a title. :wink:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Anyone listen to rock?


:scratch:

I thought it was dead... :mrgreen:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:11 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Anyone listen to rock?


:scratch:

I thought it was dead... :mrgreen:

Thats no secret. The best rock music has already been produced.

Doesn't mean good rock music isn't still coming out, though. :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 am
flight of the bumble bee- Xtreme (yes the "More than Words" Xtreme)


that is some seriously mean axe wielding!




besides that, gotta be Stokholm Syndrome by Muse. Ok yes, my all time fave bad, butntheres some serious riffage goin on in that tune!

Rookie
Posts: 141
» Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:54 pm
8)
Last edited by drewbacca22 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
Posts: 141
» Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:54 pm
Image

Image
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:49 pm
acids a hell of a drug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests