What thread do we discuss other NBA teams?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 am
I love discussing NBA with Warrior fans because they are more humble and aren't homers, and tend to appreciate other talent.

Which section can I make threads on other NBA topics?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:45 am
In the Sports forum is probably the best place but the Warriors forum gets most attention and a bit of talk on other teams and the nba in general is alright

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:43 am
Yeah, about a year and a half ago, I tried sparking some conversation regarding other teams in the sports section. I'd love to discuss other teams in greater detail, but I'm not sure how many users actually check areas aside from the main forum.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 pm
32 wrote:Yeah, about a year and a half ago, I tried sparking some conversation regarding other teams in the sports section. I'd love to discuss other teams in greater detail, but I'm not sure how many users actually check areas aside from the main forum.

A few of us actually check those other sections. Go ahead if you want to discuss other teams, lakerfool.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:45 pm
Allow me to start - Fuk those San Antonio Spurs are a great and successful team! Boring as church mass (not that I attend or intend on attending the fuking thing) and as American as Souvlaki :mrgreen:

Phoenix Suns - Great team, GIVE US AMARE

:mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:44 am
I, personally, think its hillarious that the Spurs are finally getting praised as a "dynasty" now.

I'll tell you why the Spurs are boring: because they've never made ONE risky move in their entire, heralded tenure on top. Never.

When was the last time you saw the Spurs take a chance? When was the last time they made an earth-shattering trade? Or signed a risky free agent? Or ran an out-of-bounds play that ended in an ally-oop? When was the last time the Spurs ran the ball down the floor consistently? Or made headlines because one of their players said something controversial?

The Spurs have had two non-boring spots for their team in the past 10 seasons: (1) Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league and continually gets away with "accidents" that no other player causes... and (2) Robert Horry's PG-13 bump on Steve Nash, who did his best Shawn Michaels impression to sell the hit.

That's it. Don't be mistaken by this newfound reverse psychology that people like Tom Tolbert try and use (y'know what I mean, where they claim that "people who REALLY watch basketball understand the Spurs are great at rotations and its not boring to REAL basketball fans"). :roll:

Tom Tolbert. Tim Legler. Choke already. The Spurs are boring as hell. Get over it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:52 pm
32 wrote:I'll tell you why the Spurs are boring: because they've never made ONE risky move in their entire, heralded tenure on top. Never.

And why is that a bad thing?. Winning is the only thing that matters. The objective is the championship, not playing to make fans. Are they boring as hell?. Damn sure they are... but I wouldn't care if I were a Spurs fan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:20 pm
The Spurs fans are childish and spoiled. They didn't even show up to any playoff games until the NBA Finals.

Sure, the #1 objective is to win... but I think the absolute worst sacrifice is to win at the expense of being even mildly entertaining. Even "non-entertaining" teams in the 80's, like the Bad Boys Pistons or the Fundamental Celtics, were entertaining to watch purely because they had mastered the sport of basketball. In my humble opinion, if you put the San Antonio Spurs of late against any great basketball dynasty, including the old 60's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Showtime Lakers, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Bird Celtics, ect... the Spurs are up sh*t's creak. Easy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:16 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I'll tell you why the Spurs are boring: because they've never made ONE risky move in their entire, heralded tenure on top. Never.

And why is that a bad thing?. Winning is the only thing that matters. The objective is the championship, not playing to make fans. Are they boring as hell?. Damn sure they are... but I wouldn't care if I were a Spurs fan.

You said it :wink:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:28 pm
TMC wrote:

Very true. Yet... no one, except their fans, cares about what the Spurs do or accomplish. They keep winning, no one other than San Antonio will be watching.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:28 am
Yeah, and you can't tell me its because people don't care about basketball. Michael Jordan glued us to our seats 10 years ago... and even the Shaq & Kobe Lakers were America's favorite team, for a time.

Now, David Stern is frantically searching for a new lineup to shove down everyone's throats. He tried the Pistons. He's BEEN trying the Spurs. He tried the Cav's. He even tried the Heat for one year.

David Stern would be smart to try and push the Suns and the Warriors, two of the NBA's most excited (and best) basketball teams...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 pm
Stern wants to have "morally" acceptable individuals in the limelight. The Spurs don't have headcases and are a secure bunch of people so they get favoured somewhat. As far as entertainment, it doesn't get better than the Suns and Warriors and Stern will likely see the revenue possibility of these teams having some success

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:36 am
That's whats so twisted about it.

The Spurs are considered apple-pie-wholesome, yet their best defender is the league's dirtiest player...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:58 pm
The reason I dont like the Spurs is that they are sooo boring. Low scoring, not much action. Dull.

They play the game like how it used to be played. Focus on defence not letting your opponent score. I guess that is how the game is supposed to be played, but it is certainly boring.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:33 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The reason I dont like the Spurs is that they are sooo boring. Low scoring, not much action. Dull.

They play the game like how it used to be played. Focus on defence not letting your opponent score. I guess that is how the game is supposed to be played, but it is certainly boring.

Well said.

No one gives a damn about the Spurs, and the Spurs don't give a damn about what others think. The second part sounds motivational, but yet like I said... we don't give a damn what they do and how they do it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum