Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:15 am
You guys are NOT supposed to send in your hard drive. Just remove it from the top of the xbox and keep it at home. Also don't forget to take out any game discs that are in the xbox.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:13 am
JayPat wrote:You guys are NOT supposed to send in your hard drive. Just remove it from the top of the xbox and keep it at home. Also don't forget to take out any game discs that are in the xbox.


Yeah, just send in your 360 itself without the hard drive and face plate. Keep the wires, take out any discs inside.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:40 am
xbay wrote:
JayPat wrote:You guys are NOT supposed to send in your hard drive. Just remove it from the top of the xbox and keep it at home. Also don't forget to take out any game discs that are in the xbox.


Yeah, just send in your 360 itself without the hard drive and face plate. Keep the wires, take out any discs inside.


I had no idea the hard drive came off.....but I removed it and the Xbox is all boxed up and waiting for my return label to come in email. I have decided to just wait it out.....they said it will probably take about 3 weeks, which will bring my Xbox home in time for the new MLB game. If anybody is going to send it back....its way easier to just call Xbox rather than do it online. On mine it said online that I was going to have to pay $94 because my warranty had expired, but when I talked to the guy on the phone he said it was covered.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:15 pm
anyone else really looking forward to Street Fighter 4? :)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Quazza wrote:anyone else really looking forward to Street Fighter 4? :)


i'll check it out probably, but i probably won't stick with it for that long. I'll probably get it for my nephews eventually though. It really does look promising though
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm
Anybody getting skate 2???
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 am
metalface wrote:Anybody getting skate 2???


I dont know about that but Im getting that new programme that allows me to hack into your computer AND TAKE DOWN YOUR SIG! :evil: :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:12 pm
metalface wrote:Anybody getting skate 2???


Nahh. The first one was actually pretty fun, but skateboard games are the kinds of games I'd rather rent or just play the demo.

Hey, "Always," when does the new MLB game come out? I have MLB 2k7... didn't choose to buy 2k8. 2k9 going to be any good, you know?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:Anybody getting skate 2???


Nahh. The first one was actually pretty fun, but skateboard games are the kinds of games I'd rather rent or just play the demo.

Hey, "Always," when does the new MLB game come out? I have MLB 2k7... didn't choose to buy 2k8. 2k9 going to be any good, you know?


it usually comes out the first week of March. 2K8 was really good, took some time to get used to the new swing stick....but its a cool game. much smoother than in previous years. I only buy about 3 or 4 games a year...but always get the MLB and NBA 2K's.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:Anybody getting skate 2???


Nahh. The first one was actually pretty fun, but skateboard games are the kinds of games I'd rather rent or just play the demo.

Hey, "Always," when does the new MLB game come out? I have MLB 2k7... didn't choose to buy 2k8. 2k9 going to be any good, you know?


it usually comes out the first week of March. 2K8 was really good, took some time to get used to the new swing stick....but its a cool game. much smoother than in previous years. I only buy about 3 or 4 games a year...but always get the MLB and NBA 2K's.


Well, the swing stick is in 2k7. The reason why I didn't get 2k8 is because I wanted to hold off another year and the outfield controls were weird. I played the demo and when my opponent hit a base hit, I had no idea how to throw it to second. Before, it was just simply pressing the Y button.

It was just odd to me. Maybe if I took the time to get used to it, then I probably would of liked it. But I already had a couple games I was playing like crazy at the time(CoD4 and Halo3) so I didn't feel like I'd adjust to it well.

I'll check out this years version, though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:43 pm
I made it through my first week without my xbox....I checked the status and they have not begun repairs yet.....bastards!! Im thinking it will be another 2 or 3 weeks til I get it back. I need my 2K9 so I atleast have a chance to see the Dubs win.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:59 am
Wow, I played Madden 09 with my friend and it was a shootout. All game long, ZERO defense, all offense. I was the Panthers, he was the Eagles. My run game could not get going, but my passing game hurt him a lot. Steve Smith had 9 catches for over 170 yards and 3 TDs. But not everything was perfect. My defense could NOT stop his offense. It was terrible.

But late in the 4th with about 15 seconds left, he ran up the middle with Westbrook and scored. I was up 42-41, but he wanted to go for 2. He did a QB sneak with McNabb... and what happened? Well, of course you should know by now, my defense sucked all game long. BUT then they come up with the biggest stop of the game when it counted the most. Stopping McNabb just inches short. I recovered the onside kick and just threw a lob up to Steve Smith for fun to make the score 50-41.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:40 pm
If anyone is going to purchase MLB 2k9, here is the list of new features it will have...

http://www.pastapadre.com/5675/mlb-2k9-features-list
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 should be due out Fall 2009, I heard. If so, I cannot wait!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:27 pm
I like halo 3... i dont play video games (well im picky), but Halo 3 is fun. I use to have halo 1 and 2, and me and me three buddies would always play either 2 vs. 2 or free for all against each other every friday afternoon for like 5 hours...AHHHH THE MEMORIES... now that all 4 of us live so far away from each other, and they all had halo 3 but me as i was the lone wolf not to have halo... AND NOW I DO (well its not mine, its my bro's but im borrowin it). SO stoked!!!

Thought i'd share that wonderful story with u guys
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron