Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:yeah, we might as well. We might be the only two posting in it, but hey, PM's don't increase our post count right?

Indeed! :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:24 pm
anyone keen on Mortal Kombat v DC? Not expecting it to be the greatest fighter ever, but certainly looks like fun
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:46 pm
It looks interesting... won't get it, though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:02 pm
ok, I realize this game did not just arrive on the scene but my son got Guitar Hero III for Wii for Christmas. I had never played nor seen the game before although I was aware it has become a phenomena.

Anyway, wow, I had a blast playing it over the last couple of days. My son does not like playing it because it is too hard for him right now and he gets frustrated easily but he likes watching me play it and likes to laugh at me when I screw up.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 pm
bada wrote: and likes to laugh at me when I screw up.

Kids are mean, I tell you... :mrgreen:

But he'll enjoy it soon enough. Just give him a few years (or even less). :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm
bada wrote:ok, I realize this game did not just arrive on the scene but my son got Guitar Hero III for Wii for Christmas. I had never played nor seen the game before although I was aware it has become a phenomena.

Anyway, wow, I had a blast playing it over the last couple of days. My son does not like playing it because it is too hard for him right now and he gets frustrated easily but he likes watching me play it and likes to laugh at me when I screw up.

I got world tour for the 360 for my girl . Its really fun and they have a good mix of songs. He'll learn soon enough. My girl started out not knowing how to play at all on GHIII, and now she plays some songs on expert and all the others on hard.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 am
I just want to take this opportunity to say that, even though it has not even been officially announced and no information has been released regarding the game, I am already looking forward to TES V. My social life will go out the window the a span of several months as soon as it comes out.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:39 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:I just want to take this opportunity to say that, even though it has not even been officially announced and no information has been released regarding the game, I am already looking forward to TES V. My social life will go out the window the a span of several months as soon as it comes out.

I've never played those games, but i hear they are seriously addicting. That is the series oblivion is a part of right?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:52 am
Left 4 Dead is INTENSE. One of the best zombie games I've ever played.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:54 am
You guys know of any relatively new PC games? All I've got is a PC and haven't played games in a while

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:57 am
man, I suck at Guitar hero. I was cruising along in career mode (easy level) thinking "hey, I am not bad" ... then along comes this Slayer song and I get boo'd off the stage. Then I realize if I cant do a song in easy mode, how in god's name will I be able to even do medium!!!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:59 am
You guys still have time to play games???? :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 am
TMC wrote:You guys still have time to play games???? :shock:

I normally dont but my kids really enjoy watching me play so right before they went to bed they asked me to play so they could laugh at me! :)
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:49 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:I just want to take this opportunity to say that, even though it has not even been officially announced and no information has been released regarding the game, I am already looking forward to TES V. My social life will go out the window the a span of several months as soon as it comes out.

I've never played those games, but i hear they are seriously addicting. That is the series oblivion is a part of right?

Yeah, Oblivion is the most recent installment in the series. It's predecessor (Morrowind) was also AMAZING and probably the biggest breakthrough for them. And yeah, they are seriously addicting. I've put in 200+ hours between all my Oblivion characters. :P

Migya, if your rig is good enough, consider Crysis. It's an awesome game. Other than that, I'm not too sure. I don't play many PC games, especially since I use a Macbook now.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:52 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Yeah, Oblivion is the most recent installment in the series. It's predecessor (Morrowind) was also AMAZING and probably the biggest breakthrough for them. And yeah, they are seriously addicting. I've put in 200+ hours between all my Oblivion characters. :P

Migya, if your rig is good enough, consider Crysis. It's an awesome game. Other than that, I'm not too sure. I don't play many PC games, especially since I use a Macbook now.

careful, some people on this board might put you down for how many hours you play video games :roll:

anyway, i'd be afraid to start one of those games, i just don't have the time to get into it. Though i did find time to get through GTA IV so i could give it a shot. I'm too busy playing COD online and NHL 09 for now.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum