Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:14 pm
bada wrote:Dude, you gotta get "Double Dribble" for Nintendo NES. Its the BOMB! Best basketball game ever! :)

I defy you to tell me this is not the best bball game

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDlCtjRxHs[/youtube]

I had a Sega MegaDrive, which incidently my little girl seems to have stuffed it about a week ago :shock:

Super Real Basketball was the most simply (if not crap( basketball game there was, much less advanced than Showdown and NBA Live.

I actually have recently got into EMULATORS, of MegaDrive (Genesis in America) and other older systems, Playstation games even. Emulators allow you to play the real old games and it has got me back into playing games on the computer as I spend quite a few hours a week playing old games like Streets of Rage and Road Rash :D

All Star
» Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 am
Just got a beta code for COD:WW, anybody else get one? i'll drop a little review after i've played.

All Star
» Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:52 pm
Ok, check this out guys, if you beat COD:WW, you get this Zombie mode, and you can play 4 player co-op on it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42004.html

As for the beta, i've been playing it for a while now and its getting close to the release date. I'll give a quick rundown for anybody who is interested. Not counting Bigs, since a certain member of this board was kind enough to give him a code for the beta.

Well there are obvious reviews on different game sites like ign where they show you what maps, modes and all that. So i'll give my impressions. I've been playing mostly Hardcore team deathmatch and hardcore search and destroy. They are basically the same as COD4. I've also played capture the flag and War which are both really fun. I think Hardcore is where you get the most balance on the weapons. In regular mode, the automatic weapons have a huge advantage. The bolt action rifles can kill in one hit if you get a headshot, but if you don't get a headshot, you're screwed.

I like the semi auto weapons and the trench gun. The trench gun is a shotgun and you can basically shoot arms and legs off, or blow holes in the sides of people. The mines in the game are fun too, the bouncing betty's. Basically like claymores except when you trigger one it pops up and your lower half blows off. So far, the only problems with the beta is a glitch on one map where everybody goes under and kills you and you can't see them. Also, the spawns are pretty messed up , and sometimes you kill an enemy and they spawn right where they died and they shoot you in the back. Supposedly the developers fixed these problems for the actual release.

The artillery strikes are like the airstrikes but they seem to stun you more then kill you, unless you get a direct hit. Its very effective though. The dogs can be ridiculously effective. But you can kill them and i'm getting decent at that.

The 3 maps you get show some good detail. These aren't huge maps but they have lots of places to hide, and i think treyarch might have brought some cool map designs to this game.

Overall, it's a slower paced WWII version of COD4. I'll be gettin it, just thought i'd let you guys in on the game a little.

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm
Wow, that's bad ass. I'm definitely getting the game now. :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 pm
Anyone getting GOW: 2? I might, but I have to sell a bunch of games that I don't play, anymore.

May not get COD: WW 'til I have the money as well. Gotta find a way to get some bank by selling...

XBOX: Battlefield 2, Area 51, COD2, COD3, Fight Night R3, GoldenEye Rogue Agent, Halo, Madden 06, Madden 07, NBA 2k7, NBA Love 06, NCAA Football 06, NCAA Football 07, Star Wars Episode III,

XBOX 360: Chromehounds, GOW, Lost Planet, NBA 2k8, Street Homecourt, NFS Carbon, Saints Row, WWE SvR

GAMECUBE: 007 Everything or Nothing, NBA Live 05, Metroid Prime Echoes, NBA Live 04, WWE Crush Hour, YuGiOh Falsebound Kingdom, Lord of the Rings: RoTK, NBA Street

All those Gamecube games were bought when I was younger. Those 360 games were bought within the last year or two. Xbox was when I was a bit younger as well.

Ebay? Where you guys think I should sell it? Not Gamecrazy or Gamestop... they only take it for store credit... F*CK THAT. I need bank, not store credit.

All Star
» Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:59 pm
try ebay you'll probably get the best value....

did you happen to check out the COD beta?

Role Player
» Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:09 am
xbay wrote:Anyone getting GOW: 2? I might, but I have to sell a bunch of games that I don't play, anymore.

May not get COD: WW 'til I have the money as well. Gotta find a way to get some bank by selling...

XBOX: Battlefield 2, Area 51, COD2, COD3, Fight Night R3, GoldenEye Rogue Agent, Halo, Madden 06, Madden 07, NBA 2k7, NBA Love 06, NCAA Football 06, NCAA Football 07, Star Wars Episode III,

XBOX 360: Chromehounds, GOW, Lost Planet, NBA 2k8, Street Homecourt, NFS Carbon, Saints Row, WWE SvR

GAMECUBE: 007 Everything or Nothing, NBA Live 05, Metroid Prime Echoes, NBA Live 04, WWE Crush Hour, YuGiOh Falsebound Kingdom, Lord of the Rings: RoTK, NBA Street

All those Gamecube games were bought when I was younger. Those 360 games were bought within the last year or two. Xbox was when I was a bit younger as well.

Ebay? Where you guys think I should sell it? Not Gamecrazy or Gamestop... they only take it for store credit... F*CK THAT. I need bank, not store credit.

You might wanna try craigslist, I've made some awesome sales on there. But ebay would be the most viable option.

But anyway, anyone heard of or is going to get Mirror's Edge?

All Star
» Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:49 am
PVWarriorFan wrote:
xbay wrote:Anyone getting GOW: 2? I might, but I have to sell a bunch of games that I don't play, anymore.

You might wanna try craigslist, I've made some awesome sales on there. But ebay would be the most viable option.

But anyway, anyone heard of or is going to get Mirror's Edge?

haven't heard of it, i wish i had some time for other games, it's usually just one game at a time for me

Franchise Player
» Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 am
Mirror's Edge seems like another Assassin's Creed by the way the description sounded like when I read it.

I bought GoW: 2. It's pretty badas$. The story is creative, and well played out. It feels long, but once you finish, it felt like it was short. Horde mode is amazing. 50 waves of complete skill. Me and some friends started on Wave 50 on Insane in this one level... we survived. Online is great as expected. I'm glad they put a limit to how many times you can use the Hammer of Dawn. Cheap sh*t, but a powerful weapon.

Overall, great game. 9.3/10.

All Star
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:19 pm
Just got the new COD yesterday. It's pretty awesome. It has a similar but different feel to COD4. I haven't played much of the campaign, just the first level basically. A couple of missions i've played CO Op, and i played some online. The maps are better in this one i think and sniping is fun even on regular mode. check it out!

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am
I don't think I'll buy it. I have GoW:2, so having CoD:WW is unnecessary. Besides, I don't play video games every day like before. If I do buy it, it'll be later on.

All Star
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:30 am
xbay wrote:I don't think I'll buy it. I have GoW:2, so having CoD:WW is unnecessary. Besides, I don't play video games every day like before. If I do buy it, it'll be later on.

i know what you mean man, back in the day i'd be buying all these games. Now it's choose one only. I had a frustrating night on COD tonight, it's pretty tough on hardcore. Plus, i'm trying to snipe and i have no mines yet. No protection and i keep gettin stabbed.

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:I don't think I'll buy it. I have GoW:2, so having CoD:WW is unnecessary. Besides, I don't play video games every day like before. If I do buy it, it'll be later on.

i know what you mean man, back in the day i'd be buying all these games. Now it's choose one only. I had a frustrating night on COD tonight, it's pretty tough on hardcore. Plus, i'm trying to snipe and i have no mines yet. No protection and i keep gettin stabbed.

Well.............Ill be playing COD 5 all day tomorrow!!! :mrgreen:

Check my job/"And Now......" thread if you want to know why. :wink:

All Star
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:54 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I think you'll like it james, this game is awesome in my eyes. Maps are pretty incredible. A lot of open space on some, but a lot of places for cover/hiding. Lots of sniper spots. It's just fun, and i think will be a little more strategic than COD4. Oh, and the bolt action rifles are one hit kill with stopping power chest and above on regular mode. You can't get to hardcore until level 18 , unless a friend invites

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:21 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I think you'll like it james, this game is awesome in my eyes. Maps are pretty incredible. A lot of open space on some, but a lot of places for cover/hiding. Lots of sniper spots. It's just fun, and i think will be a little more strategic than COD4. Oh, and the bolt action rifles are one hit kill with stopping power chest and above on regular mode. You can't get to hardcore until level 18 , unless a friend invites

Yeah man, Im pretty excited about getting it tomorrow..............and especially cant wait to see the other maps and stuff.

Lets get prestiging people!!!...........is it me, or does it look like its going to take a HELL of a long time to get through one prestige? seemed like I completed so many challenges on the beta, and only got to level 24. :shock: