Bay Area Pick-Up Games

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:59 pm
Hey Guys,

I think someone may have posted something like this a while ago, but I was just wondering if anyone knew any good pick-up games going on in the east bay or SF. I live in Oakland, but haven't been able to find any consistently good games around here, although I know there must be some. Anyone have any they know of or play in? Also, if anyone here would be into getting a game together sometime, that might be fun. Thanks!
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:13 pm
So no one here plays ball in the bay?

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:54 pm
I don't play outside that much anymore, instead I run at 24hr Nautilus Hilltop Mall, I know Club 1 in Oakland is popular but I think expensive, You could try Mosswood Park in Oak but I don't know if they still run there or not, If you don't mind driving to Berkeley there's Hearst St Park & Grove St Park or go to San Ramon which is a long drive but always a good run :!: Good Luck
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
I used to occasionally run at Mosswood (check: 4 times) which wasn't too bad, but you gotta bring your game on the weekends. The single time I went during the week (a Tuesday), nobody worth playing was out there.

Other than that, I was more into leagues and stuff than pickup ball. And when I did play pickup, it was usually just me and my buddies at a local school.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 pm
I live out in Walnut Creek and there are 3 parks worth playing at out here.

1. Arbolado Park: When? There is a rotation that runs through there; Saturday-Sunday Morning 9am-12pm there is a group of 30/40 somethings along with a few strangling teenagers and 20 year olds. They like playing 4 on 4 because "5 on 5 clogs the floor" These guys really have a system and if they don't know you won't give you court recognition, you gotta earn it.

The other time is Saturday-Sunday 1/2ish-4pm. Usually on Saturday there are some guys from the local high school playing together that are worth playing with. Then on Sunday there are some guys who sometimes play always at 2pm on Sunday who aren't Class A ballers but if you haven't played in a while they are worth playing with.

2. Pleasant Hill Park: All Weekend and most weekday evenings. These guys are tough and can play, they will play all night because I believe they leave the lights on at the park till 11pm.

3. Renaissance Club Sport. I've played there by sneaking in, or had friends get me in with them as guests, very very VERY nice gym all-around not to mention the bball court. Want to hear some names who have showed up? How about Melo when he was a rook and Yao in his 2nd year, I saw em both being shown the gym all around. I don't know the single person fee, but i think the family fee JUST TO JOIN is around 800-1000 then monthly fee is from 50-200 a month, but its very much worth it.

but if you ever need someone to play with im always down!
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:38 am
Thanks guys, good stuff to know. I live right by Mosswood in Oakland, but no one really seems to play there any more, which is too bad, because the courts are decent.

Yeah Squalldip, I'd be down to play sometime. Maybe I'll start a thread and see if there'd be any interest from other people here to get a game together in the east bay. What do you guys think?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:01 am
baytobrooklyn wrote: Maybe I'll start a thread and see if there'd be any interest from other people here to get a game together in the east bay. What do you guys think?

That you should use this. That's the original purpose of the thread, right?

btw, I'd beat you all at basketball (if not for the distance). :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:38 pm
baytobrooklyn wrote:Maybe I'll start a thread and see if there'd be any interest from other people here to get a game together in the east bay. What do you guys think?

Well, get that thread going then. I work on the weekend, but if I know a week or two in advance where you guys want to ball at, I'd be there...

Return to Off-Topic Forum