I've met FAMOUS PEOPLE thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:17 pm
Golden France Warriors gave me this idea for a thread asking bout Warriors people his met.

But i was wondering if anyone has brushed shoulders with celebrities?

I met Michael Shumacher earlier this year and i got to drive him to dinner and a nightclub. I was generally rewarded with a nice cash payment and the biggest smile ever in my life was when he told me to drive faster (Do you really think i was worried about a speeding ticket :) )

The ironic part of this story is i had my xbox360 bought 6 months before they hit the shops and this night in particular was when i was going to be lining up at midnight to get my new machine. I never thought in my wildest dreams that there'd be anything stopping me from lining up at midnight to get my new game console... but i couldn't turn an offer like this down just so i could play videogames.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:16 pm
List too long for me but fun thought ...

Rick Barry
Al Attles
Jim Barnett
Clifford Ray
Nate Thurmond
Joe Montana
Bob St. Claire
Bob Toneff

Franklin Mieuli { I love this guy}

Jerry Lewis {One Of My Big Heroes}
Snoop Dog
Taj Majal

Norton Buffalo ô¿~
Elvin Bishop
Glen Campbell
Mac Davis
BB King

SoCô¿ôL Bob
A different Robert Kennedy

Dorothy Malone
Michael Douglas

Santa Claus
The Real Patch Adams
The Guy Who Cleans Robin Williams Windows
Tommie Smothers
Charles Shulz

Snoopy / Joe Cool
SoCô¿ôL Videos Disclaim Here

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:45 am
That's cool, O.G Pawnograffiti, that you met Michael Shumacher.
I never met any celebrity but i want to meet specially Mike Dunleavy Jr, Jason Richardson or Mickael Pietrus. And why not all the team ? :)
But i'll never mett them coz first i live in France, second it's too expansive to go in America, third i'm only 16 years and fourth my parents won't let me do that :( I don't know how I can have contact with the team or any players. I want to watch one day a warriors match on their arena.

-Dreams, dreams, dreams, only dreams-
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:55 am
SoCô¿ôL !!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:28 pm
GoldenFranceWarriors wrote:That's cool, O.G Pawnograffiti, that you met Michael Shumacher.
I never met any celebrity but i want to meet specially Mike Dunleavy Jr, Jason Richardson or Mickael Pietrus. And why not all the team ? :)
But i'll never mett them coz first i live in France, second it's too expansive to go in America, third i'm only 16 years and fourth my parents won't let me do that :( I don't know how I can have contact with the team or any players. I want to watch one day a warriors match on their arena.

-Dreams, dreams, dreams, only dreams-

Be patient! When you're a little older, save up some money and take a trip to Oakland to see the Warriors :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:43 pm
let's see - I'm in music so a lot, including Carlos Santana, Bonnie Raitt, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Joni Mitchell..it's a long list
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 am
Michael Jordan.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 pm
i'm not the type to actually have the courage to talk to all of the famous people i meet, so i'll start with my short list of the 2 i actually talked to..... stephen jackson and michael epps. my wife met ron artest. as for people i have seen in public.....kid capri, fred jones, travis best, edgerin james, danny granger, anthony johnson, quinton richardson (it's easy to catch a player at circle center mall early afternoon of a gameday). and thanks to a wonderful trip to your GREAT state, i saw sarah silverman, jamie priestly and ron jeremy :mrgreen:
Go Colts!!!!!!! Superbowl Champs!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:42 pm
I actually saw De La Soul on my way to a Warriors game. My brother and I were behind his car on the freeway for a good 20 minutes (his license plate says DLASOUL, or something like that). He drives like a fuckin maniac, so, needless to say, I was able to keep a pretty nice pace with the guy. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:58 am
I met Steve Young when I was about 8 or 9. He was at a charity benefit by this center by my house and me and my friend saw him through the window. He saw the two of us out there gawking in amazement so he waved us in and shook our hands and signed autographs for us (all we had was unused flashcards). He had someone get us some juice and just let us hang out for a bit. He will forever be my favorite football player ever.

I also saw Ice-T in Las Vegas. He was in the huge mall at Caesar's sitting outside a makeup store waiting for his girl to finish shopping. He looked pretty pissed about the wait. I'm sure all guys can relate to Ice-T about that one.

Other run ins:
I saw Willy Mays picking his nose in the car next to me.
I would frequently see Curtis Borchard and his girl shopping at a mall.
I met Troy Walters at a basketball tournament.
I met Demetri Martin after a show of his.

Finally, my friend ran into Eric Byrnes at a bar the day he was traded from the A's. He didn't know he was traded so he goes up to him and says "Hey Eric, GO OAKLAND!" Byrnes just looks up at him with the most pissed look in his face. Then my friend calls me to say he saw Byrnes in a bar and he is a total dick and I inform him that he was traded less than 2 hours ago.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:20 pm
I saw Ice-T in Vegas, too! :shock: Damn, dude, that's creepy.

And I also saw Julia Roberts at a restarant in New York.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:53 pm
Ice-T is stupid. How are you going to make a rap song during your rapping career dissin' the police and then act as a cop on a TV series?

I saw Monty going to the Warriors/Lakers season opener game... no just kiddin'. Only if he had a death wish.

But Alex Smith came to my boy's crib after a football training camp we had for our varsity squad, and I met Manny Lawson at the 49ers rookie autograph signings at Monster Park. Almost met VD, but he was heavily guarded. Also met Mark Hamill(Luke Skywalker) in Hollywood for the premiere of "The Revenge of the Sith."
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Jimmy Page in an airport-- plus all the Warriors minus Baron and the newbies, that includes past Warriors dating back to the 90's, also Al, Nate Thurmond, Barnett/Fitz.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:43 am
I just saw... Curtis Borchardt and his girl, too (once, not frequently). He's playing here right now.

I've also seen Rick Barry, as one of his sons (Scooter) is playing close to my hometown (or was playing, I'm talking about the past season. Don't know if he's still on the team).

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 pm
I sat next to John Clayton from ESPN on a plane. We argued about sports for about 1/2 hour.
I also had lunch with Charles Barkley, Hakeem, and Clyde Drexler on multiple occasions.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum