What's your Poison?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:36 pm
I know there has to be a couple of fellow holics on this board.

What do you guys like to drink?

First and foremost, I'm a beer drinker. I'm pretty picky with the beer I drink. I don't drink Bud, Coors Lite, or MGD. I stick with the amber ales. My top 5 are Bass, Fat Tire, Alaskan Amber Ale, Boont Amber Ale, and Dos XX.

For cocktails, I like to keep it simple. Depending on my mood I'll either go for Absolute and Cranberry, or Captian and Coke.

For shots, nothing beats a Jager Bomb. I can drink these all night long.
They're usually pretty expensive about $6 - $10 each, but they taste like candy and will do the job. If you haven't indulged yet, I highly recommend it!

Cheer! :drinking: :drunken: :drunken: :drinking: :drunken: :drunken: :drinking:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:47 pm
I'm a beer drinker as well.

My vice is Irish stouts. I'm a sucker for Guinness, Sierra Nevada Stout, and Sierra Nevada Porter.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:00 pm
#32 wrote:I'm a beer drinker as well.

My vice is Irish stouts. I'm a sucker for Guinness, Sierra Nevada Stout, and Sierra Nevada Porter.

Guinness is too much for me, though I do enjoy a Black and Tan on St. Patricks day.

Sierra is too bitter. It takes about 2 or 3 of them for the bitterness to go unnoticed. Then they are drinkable...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:21 pm
I'm underaged. That doesn't mean I don't drink. That doesn't mean that I have either. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:24 pm
Big B wrote:Guinness is too much for me, though I do enjoy a Black and Tan on St. Patricks day.

Sierra is too bitter. It takes about 2 or 3 of them for the bitterness to go unnoticed. Then they are drinkable...

Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale is bitter... as most ale's are. Ale, for the most part, is an aquired taste, I think. But the Stout is one of the smoothest thing's I've ever drank! It's like a milkshake! Have you tried it...?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:25 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'm underaged. That doesn't mean I don't drink. That doesn't mean that I have either. :wink:

You can't cancel yourself out.

So, what is it? Do you drink or not and if so, what do you drink?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:29 pm
Big B wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'm underaged. That doesn't mean I don't drink. That doesn't mean that I have either. :wink:

Well I'm underaged by only a couple months. So I assumed I could start now. I'm starting with the regs, Bud and Coors. I'll work my way up as I get older. Next year I'm planning a trip to Milwaukee for beer tasting with some buddies and chicks because they are known for their beer. You got any drinks in mind that you recommend or like?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:43 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
Big B wrote:

Well I'm underaged by only a couple months. So I assumed I could start now. I'm starting with the regs, Bud and Coors. I'll work my way up as I get older. Next year I'm planning a trip to Milwaukee for beer tasting with some buddies and chicks because they are known for their beer. You got any drinks in mind that you recommend or like?

My personal preferences are amber ales. Not too light and not too dark. Just right, smooth not bitter.
If you want a smooth lighter beer I would recommend Becks. Heinekin and Corona's are alright if nothing else is around.
Hefeweizen by Pyramid is good as well. Drink it with a lemon.
I stay away from the standard beers like Bud, Coors Lite, and MGD. I feel they are cheeply made, they have very little taste, and they look like piss.
Coors lite has very little alcohol in it and literally no taste, so you're going to end up getting bloated long before you get a buzz.
Bud, espically out of the tap, tastes like crap, and will give you a nasty hang over.
MGD is the most drinkable out of the bunch, but honestly they're just cheep beers.
Life is too short to drink the cheap sh*t. Spend the extra buck or two and buy a quality beer that tastes good and won't leave you hugging the toilet the next morning...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:49 pm
#32 wrote:
Big B wrote:Guinness is too much for me, though I do enjoy a Black and Tan on St. Patricks day.

Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale is bitter... as most ale's are. Ale, for the most part, is an aquired taste, I think. But the Stout is one of the smoothest thing's I've ever drank! It's like a milkshake! Have you tried it...?

Pale Ale's and IPA's are bitter, but amber ale's aren't. Amber Ale's don't take much aquireing, espically something smooth like Bass.
Guiness is like coffee, it's too dark for me. I wouldn't call it a milk shake...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:24 pm
The milkshake remark was just to explain it's smoothness.

Bass is alright... it's better than most Brittish beers. Corona is Mexican piss water; I can't stand it. I enjoy Killian's Red (when I get it), St Pauli Girl is nice too, Michelobe is hella good, Henneken's cool, Spaten may be my favorite beer... I dunno, I guess I'm a yuppie when it comes to beer. I don't mind throwing down 7-8$ for a 6-pack when it's good, legit beer. I can't stand Bud, Corona, or any of the cheap beers. Coors and MGD are the only common beers I enjoy. Me and my brother call MDG the "In'N'Out Burger" of beers. It's really good... but it's still fast food.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:46 pm
For smoothness, I like Corona.

Also like Heiniken and don't mind some ales.

More into Bourbon - Cougar, Contreu (Sp?) and various others

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:44 pm
dont sleep on tecate.

but i'm not much of a drinker though. i'm in shape and would like to keep it that way.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:22 pm
drfrank wrote:dont sleep on tecate.

but i'm not much of a drinker though. i'm in shape and would like to keep it that way.

You sound like the boozer type Frank :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:10 pm
drfrank wrote:dont sleep on tecate.

Tecate is the most drinkable Mexican beer. That's not saying too much to me. I'd give it a 6.5/10
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:14 am
Big B wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
Big B wrote:

My personal preferences are amber ales. Not too light and not too dark. Just right, smooth not bitter.
If you want a smooth lighter beer I would recommend Becks. Heinekin and Corona's are alright if nothing else is around.
Hefeweizen by Pyramid is good as well. Drink it with a lemon.
I stay away from the standard beers like Bud, Coors Lite, and MGD. I feel they are cheeply made, they have very little taste, and they look like piss.
Coors lite has very little alcohol in it and literally no taste, so you're going to end up getting bloated long before you get a buzz.
Bud, espically out of the tap, tastes like crap, and will give you a nasty hang over.
MGD is the most drinkable out of the bunch, but honestly they're just cheep beers.
Life is too short to drink the cheap sh*t. Spend the extra buck or two and buy a quality beer that tastes good and won't leave you hugging the toilet the next morning...

Oh I love MGD. If it's not at the party, I make sure it is. That's my main beer. But like you said about the cheap beer, I try to stay away from it. I drink it every now and then, but not too much. It'd be rare to see Coors or Bud in my hands.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum