On The Subject Of God & Religion

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 pm
coltraning wrote:look at the false idol whale run for cover before the wrath of the rabbit

No, you got it wrong... my whale was pulling a Randy Moss on your phony rabbit. :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:23 pm
You don't want to re-see my picture of a whale ... like creature ?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:31 pm
Cool Video

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:Jesus was a carpenter

http://www.youtube.com

Don't suppose Hobbes could change permissions on this board so that
ANYONE could embed video ???

<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=983155929&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="252" height="208"></embed>

As in
http://www.socool.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=302#302
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:50 pm
SoCooLBob wrote:As an example of several elements of many discussions.

migya wrote:Like I've said, people that have a belief or faith, it's with them. I just like to make a logical decision on what I know and have discovered - It is why we have a brain and intelligence!

If, in the setting of any goal or in the solution to any problem, YOU determnie that a Logical Decision is the key ... then that is probably where you put your "faith." Logical decisions are a good thing.

I would certainly agree that logic and decision making have their place.
The question might then be do we have a soul? Logically? How do we determine that? With our brain? If we have a soul then what's it for and how do we use that?

Belief is something we "do."
Belief is something we "choose."
I don't believe that :banghead:
The "logical" part for me is to recommend to do one's best to choose those beliefs that will result in you achieving your best ... naturally, spiritually, religiously, even logically, perhaps, I always have a tendency to add ... achieve your best for yourself AND others.

Is it logical to ASK God for the answers?
Is it logical to suggest that in the past when I've ASKED God for the answer to a particular question, for the help that I needed to achieve a goal ... that I got it.
Scientists "believe" in some things that work every time and place their "faith" in those things they perceive to work every time.
I have a tendency to think that God created Science.
Even more importantly, for me ... I"ve discovered that as I set and achieved goals I wanted to set and achieve more.
Many times, the things I perceive my heart to want ... and my mind ... may not simultaneously be perceived as achieveable by me.
In ALL those situations I want and prefer HELP.
I have found "The Big Fellow's" Help Is Most Significant
Logical?
I think so ... but I also think that the answers that come ... may not be "logical." They may be right, they may have incredible value ... but not be logical.

I believe that we live in a world that is very negative and thus influencing the nurturing of the insecure and negative. Therefore it is essential for most people to believe in a higher power to get through hard times and for the feeling of assistance - That is alright and something i fully agree with and support because it allows individuals to feel more positive inthis fascist contolled existence (so far at least, things will change). I look at the whole picture of EXISTENCE - This world, this universe and any other universe that may exist! I therefore try to go above the insecure as often as possible and try to look at the ultimate truth as often as I can, because it is what's real and why look at what isn't.

As far as soul - I don't believe we are just a heap of flesh! We are all sovereign spirits that live in this realm for now and are working our way up to being sovereign HERE.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:13 am
migya wrote:
I believe that we live in a world that is very negative and thus influencing the nurturing of the insecure and negative. Therefore it is essential for most people to believe in a higher power to get through hard times and for the feeling of assistance - That is alright and something i fully agree with and support because it allows individuals to feel more positive inthis fascist contolled existence (so far at least, things will change). I look at the whole picture of EXISTENCE - This world, this universe and any other universe that may exist! I therefore try to go above the insecure as often as possible and try to look at the ultimate truth as often as I can, because it is what's real and why look at what isn't.

As far as soul - I don't believe we are just a heap of flesh! We are all sovereign spirits that live in this realm for now and are working our way up to being sovereign HERE.

Number One .... I want to THANK each and every one who has participated in this conversation. It has very much become a part of my conversation ... with My God :D

"in this fascist controlled existence"

That comment, coming from a fellow human being ... concerns me.

a) there has to be a whole lot going on in the brain that communicates that thought ... experiences? ... conclusions? ... etc? Certainly, makes we want to ask ...

Where did that come from? fascist controlled existence
Knowing it's likely to "unleash" a "torrent?"

I confess, I have some really good answers coming to me ... from somewhere. When I examine my thoughts I notice there are some that concern me, don't seem to help, bother me ... aren't good answers.

I pray. I pray to a higher power seperate from myself which has in the past provided ANSWERS. Direct ... Specific ... To The Very Point I've Raised. This has been going on for a long, long time AND it is going on TODAY. Needless to say, I like it when it works so well and wonder ... why don't I ask for more? Having discovered that, I am now doing my best to ASK for more.

You ALL are helping me find more right questions AND more right answers.

THANKS !!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:40 pm
I was talking about humanity as a whole SoCoolBob! Obviously when you are at home on the computer, eating, spending time with the family, it is not such a fascist control but humanity as a whole is being dictated to and so we do not have tru freedom! That is not the way things should be but fairness and real freedom is getting ever closer

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:35 pm
migya wrote:humanity as a whole is being dictated to

Trouble with me is ... I know you know what you mean ... but, I haven't a clue. I tend to think of things from a "experience" point of view ... what "experiences" are you calling on to make that comment ...

humanity as a whole is being dictated to ... in a way they can't respond with "free choice" by ....

a)
b)
c)

Makes for an interesting exercise.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum