MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 am
migya wrote:I finally saw Pursuit of Happiness and it is one of the most touching movies I've seen in quite some time. Just hit me hard that story. I really look at my life and realise that things could be so much worse and that I've got more than most people in the world do, as many live in poverty. Doesn't mean you shouldn't want more, just don't be consumed by that want and don't abuse people to get what you want, unless ofcourse you're into fuking whores, guess they're made to be abused :oops: :mrgreen:

Loved that movie. Really touching and well done, something that's more rare with each day.

Actually, it's a while since the last time I saw a movie. It may sound weird, but I rarely have time for that anymore. Or, at least, I have to take time out of other... "endeavors".
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:55 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I finally saw Pursuit of Happiness and it is one of the most touching movies I've seen in quite some time. Just hit me hard that story. I really look at my life and realise that things could be so much worse and that I've got more than most people in the world do, as many live in poverty. Doesn't mean you shouldn't want more, just don't be consumed by that want and don't abuse people to get what you want, unless ofcourse you're into fuking whores, guess they're made to be abused :oops: :mrgreen:

Loved that movie. Really touching and well done, something that's more rare with each day.

Actually, it's a while since the last time I saw a movie. It may sound weird, but I rarely have time for that anymore. Or, at least, I have to take time out of other... "endeavors".

Ah yes, other endeavors. I used to love when I had certain other endeavors, but that was over six years ago I "delved" into such act...... I mean things :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:58 am
TMC wrote:

You don't have time for sex, anymore? What's wrong with you? Are you a real man or what? :mrgreen:

Yes, I am firing back at you for the LBJ thing again. And yes, every time you post something that I can fire back at, I will. Oh, I will. :argue: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:40 am
xbay wrote:You don't have time for sex, anymore? What's wrong with you? Are you a real man or what? :mrgreen:

Actually, I don't have time for any other endeavors, bro... My routine it's kinda like: job, eat, sex, eat, sleep, repeat... (cue in a shower somewhere) :mrgreen:

xbay wrote:Yes, I am firing back at you for the LBJ thing again. And yes, every time you post something that I can fire back at, I will. Oh, I will. :argue: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I wouldn't expect any less, buddy... :wink:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 am
X-Men Origins

is a good comic book flick. even though I hate comic books, and hadn't seen the other x-men movies, I was still able to enjoy this one.

I didn't really understand what was going on all the time, but it was still watchable, because the acting, the writing, the special effects, etc were all pretty good. It also doesn't drag on for 3 hours like Watchmen or the Dark Knight (although those are much deeper films) which I found appealing. not deep, not thought provoking, not really surprising; but who cares?

oh yeah, another thing, parts of it are totally illogical. even for a comic book they just don't make much sense. tell me if you like the ending when you see it. I thought it was dumb, but then again, I don't know the series, or the backstory to all the characters, so maybe it was more believable to a hard core fan.

kind of the opposite of "Watcmen". very standard and formulaic, but it works.

I'd say if you enjoyed the first spiderman, you'll probably like this movie too.

3.5 out of 5

worth a watch dubs fans
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:13 pm
so I wasn't feeling too good this weekend. stayed in and watched the whole X-men trilogy...

wow that was good. Like I said, I usually think comics are stupid, but the x-men movie series is really well done. at times it really doesn't make much sense, but on the whole, good show.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm
I disagree. The first one was their best. The second was okay, but the third was extremely terrible. At least, that's my opinion of the trilogy.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:31 am
wow, wolverine really sucked. definitely disappointed. one of my favorite x-men... gambit, was rarely ever in the movie! he was there for like two scenes.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:03 am
Star Trek...

meh.

if you're not a trekie you may not like it. I had no idea what was going on most of the time. but then again, I've never seen a ST movie, I've never watched more than 5 secs of an episode (flipping past it on the TV).

Star Wars was able to grab me, because it's just so out there and there's lots of action in most of the films. this one is more about the characters that I've never bothered to care about

Basically, I'd do a little homework before watching it, 'cause they don't explain much. the actors all did a good job though. I just didn't really care.

EDIT----

after a day of thinking about it... I was a little too hard on the movie. it was well done all around. I just wasn't really in a sci-fi mood when I watched it. for a fun summer flick it works. I still would do a little research before watching it though... just like I would before watching Lord of the Rings, a Star Wars sequel, or an X-men movie.

also I wasn't really "hyped" to watch it like probably 90% of people were. oddly, if you come in with high expectations, you may enjoy it more.
Last edited by first off on Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:55 pm
I wanna see it. Many of my friends aren't even Star Trek fans, and they said it was bada*s.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:19 pm
Best Captain Kirk Impression ever. Anyone else is doing an impression of Kevin Pollak doing THE impression of Cap'n Kirk.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcIm9EmgJ20[/youtube]
Last edited by first off on Sun May 17, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:22 pm
Anybody watch the Tyson documentary? its pretty good stuff. Not much i never heard about , but you get to hear it from Tyson himself. Its strange to see clips of his early days and within the time of the movie see how dejected he was in his last fight. One interesting thing was when he was recalling the fights with Holyfield, and how much the headbutts really got to him. Check it out if you're into tyson.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:35 am
I post reviews on imdb.com and right them all the time for my English courses so I wont go into much detail but rather just offer scores and maybe short descriptions of some of the movies I've seen lately... (I'm kind of a tough grader)

The Wrestler - 9/10 - Mickey Rourke was amazing, I hate wrestling though...

Slumdog Millionaire - 8/10 - Great acting, good story, excellent cinematography & direction.

The Day the Earth Stood Still - 4/10 - Any movie with Keanu Reeves in it can't be very good...

Nothing but the Truth - 5.5/10 - Boring and redundant, nice twist though.

What Doesn't Kill You - 6.5/10

Notorious - 7/10 - Surprisingly pretty good.

Doubt - 6/10 - Never came to a climax, I'm still waiting for the end of the 2nd act...

Frost Nixon - 7.5 - Great acting, I loved the way they told this story.

Marley and Me - 4/10 - Nothing special but got me choked up.

Seven Pounds - 7.5 - Will Smith was really good thoughI'm not a Rosario Dawson fan.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 7/10 - I came out of the theater thinking "Forest Gump" figures it was made by the same guy.

The Soloist - 6.5/10 - I expected more.

Knowing - 8/10 - I was thoroughly entertained.

Taken - 7.5/10

Underworld Rise of the Lycans - 6.5/10

Role Models - 7/10

Yes Man - 6/10

JCVD - 7.5/10 JCVD = Jean-Claude Van Damme, yes I know, But he was actually really good in this - if you don't mind reading your movies.

Valkyrie - 7/10 - lil slow but worth watching.

The Uninvited - 3/10

Splinter - 7/10 - one of the few good or even worth watching horror flicks that's come out in the last two years or so.

The Haunting in Connecticut - 3.5/10 - Boring/predictable.

Quantum Of Solace - 7.5/10 = Not as good as the first one but still good.

I'm going to stop there... As you can see I watch a lot of movies.[/b]
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:36 pm
Tough grader but very fair. I liked the Wrestler as well. It was pretty interesting, and didn't really follow the same formula as many other movies.

I liked notorious as well, mainly cuz the dude that played biggie was really good. Some of the characters were more done as a reenactment, especially the guy that played tupac. But it was done really well and you understand him a bit more than what the music puts out there.

Slumdog was good too. I liked how the story went back and forth showing his experiences. overall it was a really good movie.

I really liked 7 pounds a lot. Really sad, but the way they make you wait to develop the story was done really well. I mean, you kinda know what happened but you can't wait to see EXACTLY what happened.

I'm a big fan of role models. That movie was hilarious to me and i'd probably give it a 9 just based on my personal taste. I mean, c'mon, who thinks of this line? "Let us gingerly touch our tips!". lotta good quotes from that movie
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:46 am
you gave Knowing an 8/10? man I though that movie sucked donkey balls.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum