MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:29 pm
TMC wrote:...First thing I remember, Jason was beating a f*cker senseless in a bathroom... That's a good summary of the whole movie. If you like action, it's great. If you expect something else, go watch Transformers. :mrgreen:


Hey, hey, don’t knock Transformers. Just because you can’t relate... 8)


TMC wrote:I must admit that I fell asleep during The Bourne Ultimatum. ...but I can't remember anything that happened in Tanger.


...and you reallly need to put that bottle down. :mrgreen:


TMC wrote:
CjR wrote:Aso watched Blood Diamond recently, which has almost the same storyline as Lord of War. Both great films.


Blood Diamond is a good movie, although I liked "The Last King of Scotland" a bit more. Give it a chance if you haven't yet.


Sure, I'll check this out. Check out Lord of War, too, when you get a chance. And you still need to post your review of 300. What's the freakin' hold-up? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:14 am
CjR wrote:Check out Lord of War, too, when you get a chance.


I've already seen that one. Nice movie, although I still liked the other two a bit more.

CjR wrote:And you still need to post your review of 300. What's the freakin' hold-up? :mrgreen:


Just a minor one. I still haven't seen it. :wink:

The spanish DVD comes out next month, so I decided to wait... and download a dvdrip of that one instead of a screener.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:10 pm
Just watched Jackass 2. That was hilarious as f*ck. :headbang: Some real gross stuff (the horse scene and the doo-doo scene), but I was still rollin’ outa my couch. :mrgreen:

I think it’s better than the first Jackass by a mile. Anybody else seen one or both?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:02 pm
CjR wrote:Just watched Jackass 2. That was hilarious as f*ck. :headbang: Some real gross stuff (the horse scene and the doo-doo scene), but I was still rollin’ outa my couch. :mrgreen:

I think it’s better than the first Jackass by a mile. Anybody else seen one or both?


Yep, I've seen both. The second is the best. The horse scene where they're f*ckin' jackin' it off to get milk is jus FUCKIN NASTY. I stopped watching that part when I finally noticed just what the hell they were doing. And then they drink it? I didn't drink milk for the next few weeks after that.

But the whole movie in general was drop dead hilarious... especially the ending with the whole pubic hairs and terrorist thing. I'd **** my pants if I was the terrorist guy after all that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:26 am
Jackass... exactly what it's name says. Watching that movie would be like torture to me.


btw, I already have 300. I'll post a review in a few days.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:32 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
CjR wrote:Just watched Jackass 2. That was hilarious as f*ck. :headbang: Some real gross stuff (the horse scene and the doo-doo scene), but I was still rollin’ outa my couch. :mrgreen:

I think it’s better than the first Jackass by a mile. Anybody else seen one or both?


Yep, I've seen both. The second is the best. The horse scene where they're f*ckin' jackin' it off to get milk is jus FUCKIN NASTY. I stopped watching that part when I finally noticed just what the hell they were doing. And then they drink it? I didn't drink milk for the next few weeks after that.

But the whole movie in general was drop dead hilarious... especially the ending with the whole pubic hairs and terrorist thing. I'd **** my pants if I was the terrorist guy after all that.



That horse scene was fukin revolting! Made me almost throw up! No need to drink it, they should have made someone else drink it by mistake.

Some parts of Jackass are funny but some are too silly
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:56 am
What's surprising is how bad movies have become lately. It's a lot easier to find good stories in TV (most of it on HBO) than in cinema. Too much marketing and immediate satisfaction in the latter...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:41 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
CjR wrote:Just watched Jackass 2. That was hilarious as f*ck. :headbang: Some real gross stuff (the horse scene and the doo-doo scene), but I was still rollin’ outa my couch. :mrgreen:

I think it’s better than the first Jackass by a mile. Anybody else seen one or both?


Yep, I've seen both. The second is the best. The horse scene where they're f*ckin' jackin' it off to get milk is jus FUCKIN NASTY. I stopped watching that part when I finally noticed just what the hell they were doing. And then they drink it? I didn't drink milk for the next few weeks after that.

But the whole movie in general was drop dead hilarious... especially the ending with the whole pubic hairs and terrorist thing. I'd **** my pants if I was the terrorist guy after all that.


Yeah, the pubic hair and terrorist act was hillarious. The others, which were not stunts, were the old clueless grandma act with her titties drooping down and the old guy with his nuts hanging out of his shorts. I was dying. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 pm
migya wrote: That horse scene was fukin revolting! Made me almost throw up! No need to drink it, they should have made someone else drink it by mistake.


Like, who did you have in mind Mig, the female horse? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:58 pm
TMC wrote:What's surprising is how bad movies have become lately. It's a lot easier to find good stories in TV (most of it on HBO) than in cinema. Too much marketing and immediate satisfaction in the latter...


Actually, it’s not a movie, TMC. It’s a piss-in-your-pants type, stupid but daring stunts that are just absolutely hilarious. You gotta watch it. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:55 am
CjR wrote:
migya wrote: That horse scene was fukin revolting! Made me almost throw up! No need to drink it, they should have made someone else drink it by mistake.


Like, who did you have in mind Mig, the female horse? :mrgreen:



Too bad for the stallion, mares aren't like human females :mrgreen:

Those two movies were extreme to say the least but parts were funny but many were just too silly. I like some silliness but constant silliness over and over can get boring
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:58 am
CjR wrote:
TMC wrote:What's surprising is how bad movies have become lately. It's a lot easier to find good stories in TV (most of it on HBO) than in cinema. Too much marketing and immediate satisfaction in the latter...


Actually, it’s not a movie, TMC. It’s a piss-in-your-pants type, stupid but daring stunts that are just absolutely hilarious. You gotta watch it. :mrgreen:


I was talking in general, not about any particular movie. I watched Live Free or Die Hard the other day, and I felt that way. All bang with no substance...

Of course some great movies are made from time to time (with Zodiac being the last of them), but it's a pretty depressing moment for storytelling.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 pm
I've already seen 300, and all I have to say is... what an awful movie. I want those 2 hours back.

In short, 300 is the definition of "over the top". Nothing seems natural. Many people can (and will) say "hey, it's an adaptation of a graphic novel. That's the point". Sure. But it's still a movie, not a graphic novel (btw, anyone who has read til this point has probably realized I didn't like Sin City either). What I mean is that 300 doesn't have a real script. It's a choreography with some scattered (and pretty bad) dialogue lines. Once it's over (for those able to stand it til the very end. I'm not one of those brave souls), it's an empty experience. No development of the characters. No storyline (other than killing persians and some homoerotic mumbo jumbo). It's absolutely shallow. Of course, if what you're looking for is just violence and killer visuals, it's a master piece. As for me, it's hard to consider it a movie...


I'd elaborate more on the review, but the above paragraph will suffice. If I say what I truly believe about this movie, I'd end up in jail before hitting the Submit button.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:39 pm
300 is the type of mvie that is made for the real bloke, manly man who likes to see some fighting. What I got out of 300 was a great story about standing up for yourself and your loved ones and taking it to real tyrannts
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:44 am
TMC wrote:I've already seen 300, and all I have to say is... what an awful movie. I want those 2 hours back.

In short, 300 is the definition of "over the top". Nothing seems natural. Many people can (and will) say "hey, it's an adaptation of a graphic novel. That's the point". Sure. But it's still a movie, not a graphic novel (btw, anyone who has read til this point has probably realized I didn't like Sin City either). What I mean is that 300 doesn't have a real script. It's a choreography with some scattered (and pretty bad) dialogue lines. Once it's over (for those able to stand it til the very end. I'm not one of those brave souls), it's an empty experience. No development of the characters. No storyline (other than killing persians and some homoerotic mumbo jumbo). It's absolutely shallow. Of course, if what you're looking for is just violence and killer visuals, it's a master piece. As for me, it's hard to consider it a movie...


I'd elaborate more on the review, but the above paragraph will suffice. If I say what I truly believe about this movie, I'd end up in jail before hitting the Submit button.


See! :mrgreen: I had a feeling you’d enjoy it, TMC.

And watching in it in Espanol? Sexehhh... :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest