MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:14 am
CjR wrote:Dudes, rented 300 and I was like, is this the same movie that all you guys have been raving about? I’m thinking Braveheart or even Gladiator great. And boobs, D1Mex? Maybe guy boobs (pecs) and abs. Seriously, it was corny and gay to the max. I'd have to completely dissagree on this one. It was one of the worst I’ve seen, actually.

hmmmmm, well I liked it for it's storyline of fighting against oppression. The fighting scenes were great as well.

Not taking you're opinion too seriously as you also think boxing trumps allround fighting :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:32 am
CjR wrote:Dudes, rented 300 and I was like, is this the same movie that all you guys have been raving about? I’m thinking Braveheart or even Gladiator great. And boobs, D1Mex? Maybe guy boobs (pecs) and abs. Seriously, it was corny and gay to the max. I'd have to completely dissagree on this one. It was one of the worst I’ve seen, actually.

:shock:

Dude. 300 has got to be one of the best movies of the year. Easy. Maybe you're one of the 5% that didn't enjoy it...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:23 pm
32 wrote:

:shock:

Dude. 300 has got to be one of the best movies of the year. Easy. Maybe you're one of the 5% that didn't enjoy it...

I probably am, 32. But, that's the way it goes, sometimes (e.g., movies, music, food, etc.). I thought the fighting scenes were good, but that's about it. In addition to what I already mentioned, the plot was so-so, and it was also a bit too CGI'ish for me (like a computer game) including the blood, and even the lines. But let's see how others rate it. I beleive TMC has plans to see it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:31 pm
migya wrote:

hmmmmm, well I liked it for it's storyline of fighting against oppression. The fighting scenes were great as well.

That's fine, and this is the nature of movie rating. My view/observation just differ from others. No biggie

migya wrote:...Not taking you're opinion too seriously as you also think boxing trumps allround fighting :mrgreen:

Don't even exaggerate, Migya. Get over it--and face reality and facts, for once...you know, kinda like your government ruled by half-man half-reptile facts. Try that tactic, maybe it will help you.:thumbright:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:07 pm
CjR wrote:
migya wrote:

That's fine, and this is the nature of movie rating. My view/observation just differ from others. No biggie

migya wrote:...Not taking you're opinion too seriously as you also think boxing trumps allround fighting :mrgreen:

Don't even exaggerate, Migya. Get over it--and face reality and facts, for once...you know, kinda like your government ruled by half-man half-reptile facts. Try that tactic, maybe it will help you.:thumbright:

300 is the best movie I've seen in years. But hey, it's alright if you don't. It's only a movie.

Watch out migya, CjR is currently the sting ray while you're Steve Irwin. :shock: :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:51 pm
Agree. I can certianly respect that--and any other views, for that matter. Movies are generally very easy to be on the same page on, but it's also easy to be polarized, at times. I guess, that's part of the fun or entertainment of it all.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:56 pm
Yeah maybe its one of those cult classics where there is no middle ground. I haven't actually seen it yet, but I have a feeling my expectations are really high.
DUBBBIN’ !
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 am
CjR wrote:

That's David Icke buddy :wink:

Allround fighting better than boxing :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:00 pm
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:

I dunno, I've fell asleep nearly every UFC/MMA fight since I started watching it couple years back while I go absolutely nuts yelling things at the television while watching a boxing match on HBO, ESPN/ESPN2, or PPV.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:

I dunno, I've fell asleep nearly every UFC/MMA fight since I started watching it couple years back while I go absolutely nuts yelling things at the television while watching a boxing match on HBO, ESPN/ESPN2, or PPV.

No sweat X-Bay, Migya’s lost it. What did you say, mumbles? :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:59 pm
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And what mental ward is this nut job from? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:18 pm
CjR wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:

No sweat X-Bay, Migya’s lost it. What did you say, mumbles? :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

Er.. well.... xbay watching MMA = :sleepy2:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:31 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:

That just proves your lack in taste on this subject :mrgreen: :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:59 pm
Just watched Zodiac, and it was a very good movie—and a long one too. I liked the cartoonist’s role, obviously, but he was really stupid too (real life) in risking his family (kids, especially).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:52 pm
Haven't seen that yet but will soon. Sounds interesting

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum