Barkley for govenor...

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:09 pm
How does that idea sound? Generally I'm not big on celebrities running for office, but if Barkley goes through with this, I'm all for it.
He wants to run for the govenor of Alabama as a democrat. I think it would be a great for a dem to govern a bible belt state. Just by name recognition alone, I think he has a good chance of taking office.
I think Barkley was a hell of a ball player, I don't care all to much for his basketball analysis (though he can be funny), and I not quite sure were he stands on politics, but I love this quote:
"I was a Republican until they lost their minds,"

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AuHaB2rPzTe4gFC5roZnklW8vLYF?slug=ap-barkley-governor&prov=ap&type=lgns
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:13 pm
Barkley was more the bruiser than the diplomatic type :mrgreen:

Maybe he would give an everyday person's attitude which is good but don't expect him to last long because the fascists hate anyone who tries to do what the people want!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:16 pm
I heard him on PTI a couple days ago... and he sounded like his head was in the right place. Barkley has the right ideas for a Governor... but I don't think he's articulate enough to be a good enough candidate (however, his charisma might cancel that out).

He said a lotta things that I agreed with, though. Who gives a f*ck if gay people wanna get married? And abortion is another issue that'll never be solved! I'm tired of these BS, Republican distractions grabbing the attention of citizens, while real issues (like the war, the economy, and even a disater like Hurricane Katrina) go, virtually, unnoticed. Charles Barkley, though not the sharpest knife in the drawer, realizes that helping out our citizens at home, such as children, the poor, and the elderly, should be the real goal.

Hell, I'd vote for him based on his PTI pitch, alone.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:41 am
#32 wrote:I heard him on PTI a couple days ago... and he sounded like his head was in the right place. Barkley has the right ideas for a Governor... but I don't think he's articulate enough to be a good enough candidate (however, his charisma might cancel that out).

He said a lotta things that I agreed with, though. Who gives a f*ck if gay people wanna get married? And abortion is another issue that'll never be solved! I'm tired of these BS, Republican distractions grabbing the attention of citizens, while real issues (like the war, the economy, and even a disater like Hurricane Katrina) go, virtually, unnoticed. Charles Barkley, though not the sharpest knife in the drawer, realizes that helping out our citizens at home, such as children, the poor, and the elderly, should be the real goal.

Hell, I'd vote for him based on his PTI pitch, alone.

:D

More people thinking like this would get the fascist ways out and proper, moral way of living in! The only way of living that will ever work

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:43 am
I do not like the idea of Barley taking office because he brings race into too many situations. He reminds me of John Salley. Everything is about the color of his skin. To me that divides people instead of bringing people together. Plus, with all his gambling problems, I would be surprised to see him voted in. I think he has a good shot cause of name recognition alone but I would surprised.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:11 am
he's better than any of the jokers they usually have in alabama.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:07 am
WarriorChris wrote:I do not like the idea of Barley taking office because he brings race into too many situations. He reminds me of John Salley. Everything is about the color of his skin. To me that divides people instead of bringing people together. Plus, with all his gambling problems, I would be surprised to see him voted in. I think he has a good shot cause of name recognition alone but I would surprised.

Name recognition is more than enough to put someone in office. Look at us, in California. The goddamn Terminator is tanking our economy as I type this... but never under-estimated the number of mouth-breathing, stupid people in the world. Even though Arnold's been one of the worst Governors in recent memory, I'm sure he'll eventually become the Republican's new charismatic puppet (like Regan in the 80's) and declare a run for presidency.

That's the one thing the Rebulicans are doing intelligently; they're getting all those midwest, hillbilly, NRA-card-carrying, non-educated morons into the polls to vote them into office. The conservatives understand there's more stupid people than smart people in the world... and they've been targeting the stupid people for 10 years now. Too bad their work in office is never as impressive as their swindling.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:51 pm
#32 wrote:Name recognition is more than enough to put someone in office. Look at us, in California. The goddamn Terminator is tanking our economy as I type this... but never under-estimated the number of mouth-breathing, stupid people in the world.

::lol:

I don't know why I'm laughing. That's a pretty depressing thought.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:16 pm
#32 wrote:
WarriorChris wrote:I do not like the idea of Barley taking office because he brings race into too many situations. He reminds me of John Salley. Everything is about the color of his skin. To me that divides people instead of bringing people together. Plus, with all his gambling problems, I would be surprised to see him voted in. I think he has a good shot cause of name recognition alone but I would surprised.

Name recognition is more than enough to put someone in office. Look at us, in California. The goddamn Terminator is tanking our economy as I type this... but never under-estimated the number of mouth-breathing, stupid people in the world. Even though Arnold's been one of the worst Governors in recent memory, I'm sure he'll eventually become the Republican's new charismatic puppet (like Regan in the 80's) and declare a run for presidency.

That's the one thing the Rebulicans are doing intelligently; they're getting all those midwest, hillbilly, NRA-card-carrying, non-educated morons into the polls to vote them into office. The conservatives understand there's more stupid people than smart people in the world... and they've been targeting the stupid people for 10 years now. Too bad their work in office is never as impressive as their swindling.

:mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:58 am
#32 wrote:

:D :D :D :D
rest easy, however - they need to amend the constitution for ahnold to run
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:36 am
It's an interesting concept, but he should get some political experience before going all the way to governor...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 am
im sure Mig will agree with me as an Australian when i say "only in America could the t1000 be a govenor!"

curious to know how the locals think Arnies doin?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:42 pm
Uh... not good, especially education-wise.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:04 pm
Arnold is a worse Governor than actor. Think about that while watching ol' Metal Mouth try cranking out a heart-felt soliloquy during Batman & Robin... :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:05 am
Quazza wrote:im sure Mig will agree with me as an Australian when i say "only in America could the t1000 be a govenor!"

curious to know how the locals think Arnies doin?

Australia, in fact the whole world, is going down the same path as the U.S. Look at the Industrial Relations laws that came out a few months ago!

Return to Off-Topic Forum