How do you icrease image resolution and pixels

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:33 am
Hi guys. Hopefully some of you will see this thread as it is not in the main forum.

I am making a Flyer Advertisement for my Window and Gutter Cleaning/Handyman business and I have one picture cartoon that I am using that, when increased in size to what I need and at 300dpi, is not of good enough quality and looks quite pixelated. I want to increase its quality, so resolution which basically means increase the number of pixels per inch, and haven't found anything on the internet. Did find this little program with free trial called ON1 Resize 10 but it won't work on my PC running Windows 7 (as that program isn't available for XP Pro which I use on my other PC that I use more often) because the Video Card isn't good enough.

Any help in finding a program that can do the very advanced and incredible in creating resolution increase in an image (not done by simply decreasing size of image making it have more resolution or sharper but I want to increase quality while keeping same size and even increasing image size) is much appreciated. Think BayAreaHoopz is the member that came up with the banner so maybe him or you likely younger, more modern day PC savvy members can help me out with this.

Thanks again and if anyone has problems with anything maybe talk about it in this forum.

Site Admin
» Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:46 pm
First off Win Xp, win 7? bruh... win 10 is what's up.

Now, to youre problem... it is either extremely difficult to increase the DPI/size or you need professional software (photoshop). I'm also not sure i understand what you're try to do - why do you need it at 300 DPI specifically? I could think of many reasons,but just curious why in your particular case. Are you trying to add the image to another image?

DPI and resolution are tied together, they aren't the same thing. Resolution is how many pixels are in something like a screen or image, and DPI is the pixel density or pixels per inch.

Anyways, i have PS and some modest skills, so feel free to PM me what you're working with and I might be able to help you out.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:49 am
What I mean is that I have an image with "x" amount of pixels per inch or "quality" if you want to call it that and I want to improve/increase that. It is like saying creating quality. Apparently there are programs out now that do that by just multiplying pixels in the surrounding area to that particular pixel. Apparently that can lead to errors, especially in photos and more complex pictures. Mine is just a cartoon image and is rather simple so I thought it would be easier.

I don't want to buy anything so a program that is either freeware or has a free trial is the way to go.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:45 pm
migya wrote:What I mean is that I have an image with "x" amount of pixels per inch or "quality" if you want to call it that and I want to improve/increase that. It is like saying creating quality. Apparently there are programs out now that do that by just multiplying pixels in the surrounding area to that particular pixel. Apparently that can lead to errors, especially in photos and more complex pictures. Mine is just a cartoon image and is rather simple so I thought it would be easier.

I don't want to buy anything so a program that is either freeware or has a free trial is the way to go.
Yeah, that's the problem, you'd think simpler images would scale better, but they don't because there's less wiggle room with pixel shading, which is how most programs upscale images.

If you want, send me the image and I can upscale it with photoshop, which would definitely be your best bet.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:45 am
Check your PM JREED

All Star
» Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:46 am
maybe resize using paint?

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:16 pm
Same thing, will need to do it as said above.

JREED, did you get a chance to take a look at it.