MADDEN 2017 PS4

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:03 pm
Anyone else pick up this game? Haven't bought madden in about 5 years, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up the deluxe edition for 20 bucks.

Hope we can get some games going online.

Site Admin
» Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:14 pm
VIZsanity wrote:Anyone else pick up this game? Haven't bought madden in about 5 years, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up the deluxe edition for 20 bucks.

Hope we can get some games going online.

I'm pretty much the same - haven't really played it in years, but I've bought the last 2 (15 and 16) and I was really disappointed by both, as someone that played Madden religiously for over a decade.

I think the last one I was really into was 06 or 07, when the game had less rigid play, and it felt so much more fluid. Now it plays more like a quick-time, rythm, Guitar Hero game. It's all about doing x when y happens, and if you fail to make the "correct" read (as they've defined it), and execute the play in time, then you're unrealistically punished (eg: throw a perfect ball to a wide-open WR running a streak, and the SS or CB comes out of nowhere 200 mph to pick it off).

Every year it has some huge exploits and massive balancing issues - 15 it was impossible to throw, but running was an easy 5-6 yards no matter the defense, and 16 made running pointless, while passing was OP.

I haven't read the latest complaints this year, but I'm going to pass until they actually make a football game instead of PaRappa the Quarterbacker 50.

» Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:29 am
My favorite version of Madden was 04. Then NFL 2k5 came along and changed everything.... since the ban on 2k, football video games have not been the same.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:46 pm
I will say this though... the loading time for the game is ridiculous. I started playing the ultimate team and man, just to do each challenge takes forever to load, and I hate when you fail a challenge, you just can't hit option and reset. You need to actually fail till the end.

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:08 am
I own this game but am yet to play it.

Anyone want to add me

PSN: R8RtailG8R

Site Admin
» Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:17 am
So I finally got around to really playing it, and it felt like the best Madden in almost a decade - since '08 with Vince Young. Which IMO, that was the last decent Madden, before the '09 Farve version started to stripdown the naturual mechanics, tried to make it more accessible for those that didn't know football (which I guess started with '07 with the Wii version), and punished you for what they deemed to be the wrong decision.

The new Madden feels a lot more natural, and less paint-by-numbers; "if this, do this." Quick breakdown on offense...

Passing:
You can actually hit a speedy WR running a streak down field, if they have a step or two, on a lob. I could toss a bullet to a TE on a seam route when the LB/S give them too much room or have out side positioning (this was a INT 100% of the time in the last 3 games).

Running:
According to my friend, an avid player, running is much harder but more balanced than the last several iterations.

I wish I would have bought it earlier on when it was on sale, but I'd pick it up for around $20 or so now.