Hornets want to trade Kaman now

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 am
Just read here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... nets-kaman

that Hornets want to trade Kaman as soon as possible. Really a great chance to get rid of AB and get a better Center in return. Kaman is an expirer, out of contract after this season, but that just makes him more attractive really, as he could stay for some 10 million a year or the team has more salary to play with. Throw in another player to make salaries work, like DWright maybe and the deal could be done quick and easy. Really worth it and Kaman is a center I've liked for a couple of years at least.

He can score, rebound and defend well and the team needs that right now

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:04 pm
Hornets are asking for way too much. They are asking for picks, prospects, AND expirers
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 pm
They shouldn't have said that Kaman isn't playing until he is trade. They're the ones in the weak position and won't get much for him

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 am
I agree, but remember who owns the Hornets... the NBA does, thus making the situation difficult.

The NBA has done a terrible job managing the hornets... that team should just fold.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:26 pm
Who told them Kaman is some kind of Howard? The things they want in return is outrageus.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I agree, but remember who owns the Hornets... the NBA does, thus making the situation difficult.

The NBA has done a terrible job managing the hornets... that team should just fold.

That team needs to have an independent owner, it's just finding one ofcourse that's the thing

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 pm
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I agree, but remember who owns the Hornets... the NBA does, thus making the situation difficult.

That team needs to have an independent owner, it's just finding one ofcourse that's the thing

It is finding one that wants to stay in NO that is the problem.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 am
Looking at NO wanting to trade Kaman, (and today it was stated that he will rejoin the team immediately) perhaps the best possibility of a trade with them would be to trade pretty much any three players on the team right now for Kaman and both or either of their lottery picks. New Orleans has two lottery picks in the upcoming draft, their own and Minnesota's unprotected pick and getting both or either would be great.

I would offer any of the players on the roster for Kamen and either or both of the picks. As long as we only take back Kaman and the pick or picks, it'd be a steal.

It would be a steal because this upcoming draft is not that deep really, but is loaded in the top seven or eight picks and likely both NO and Minnesota will fall in the top seven picks. I'd give Curry and Monta even, along with someone cheap, like Udoh (for salaries), for Kaman and both or one of those picks. If Kaman proves to be effective here, I'd resign him this offseason for no more than 10 million, as he has regressed a bit and though a good player, he is not great. Guards are easier to get than bigs, either through draft or free agency and so alot of options are opened up.

The team could transition like the Sonics/Thunder did a few years ago with this

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:22 pm
Yeah, I don't think NO is trading their picks. Everything I hear is they want more picks..... So, unless we can manage to get a third team involved, we wouldn't get Kaman... but that would defeat the purpose anyone since the real prize are the picks, and not Kaman.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:52 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Yeah, I don't think NO is trading their picks. Everything I hear is they want more picks..... So, unless we can manage to get a third team involved, we wouldn't get Kaman... but that would defeat the purpose anyone since the real prize are the picks, and not Kaman.

Yea, likely NO will just lose Kaman for nothing after this season. I'd like to him, much more than AB right now

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 am
Would Dorrell and Kwame's expiring contract be enough? We might have to take back a crappy deal to make the salaries work. They have very little leverage at this point, and they are risking losing him for nothing. This way they still get salary relief from Kwame as well as us taking back a deal, and they get a little bit of talent in Dorrell.

I would love to give them AB but I don't see any scenario where that would happen.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm
Apparently he is active again and going to start playing very soon for them again

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 am
hobbes wrote:Would Dorrell and Kwame's expiring contract be enough? We might have to take back a crappy deal to make the salaries work. They have very little leverage at this point, and they are risking losing him for nothing. This way they still get salary relief from Kwame as well as us taking back a deal, and they get a little bit of talent in Dorrell.

I would love to give them AB but I don't see any scenario where that would happen.

It's a good thought but you can't trade KB while he's injured. And he'll be flunking physicals long after the trade deadline. :banghead: $7 million well spent, eh?

No matter how many straw man, unprovable arguments Bob Fitzgerald tries to make talking about "what a difference Kwame made inside", that buy was destined to be a lemon from the start. Sure, I bought into the whole "don't expect a #1 pick; expect a rugged post defender"... But, sorry Fitz, I never bought into how that player could be making the kind of money the Warriors paid Kwame Brown. A big, wide body that doesn't really block shots, but leans two hundred and seventy beanie babies onto Dwight and makes him have to work down low for 18 minutes a night... You couldn't have signed Fesenko for $1 mill and spent the other 6 on a veteran like Kurt Thomas to tutor Udoh and Tyler?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 pm
They basically trade Kwame to make the salaries work, he would never play for them. Just an expiring deal.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 am
No, I understand. I'm just saying, according to the rules of the CBA, you can't trade a player who is injured. Not like NO wouldn't take it; like they literally just can't.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Trades