Monta for iguodala

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 pm
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2011/6 ... ?ref=yahoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... nba-360855

I really love this trade. With a player like Singleton our new perimeter will be tough both on defense and offense.
Then all we have to do is find a proper center.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:58 pm
Just rumors... hopefully. If you take this deal, then you really limit your ability to get a center... your cap space goes down... and you have no more decent trading chips. I would only deal ellis if a quality center is coming back.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:11 am
Everybody in the NBA say that this trade is to logical for both teams to not happen. Warriors get a bigger and lot better defensively SG that they desperately need, and 76ers get a scorer that they need also. If you believe that Monta can bring you a legit Center i just tell you no way. He doesn't have that value. It is unreal to believe that you can ever trade a SG for a center in a remotely close value. The center problem in Warriors is much more complex and may be the only problem that we want fix this year. Our biggest hope is that AB will be the player he once was 3 years ago. With new owners, new coach, new system and Monta out of the team that might just happen. Otherwise we are stuck for good with him.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm
Then don't trade Monta. Specially for Iggy. Not that I don't like him, but Monta is too good and is a leader on and off the floor for our team. In watching Mark Jackson talk about the team in his recent interviews, it would seem that he expects Monta and Steph to both be on the team come trainging camp. I am excited for that. On the perimiter you need SPEED more then size to defend. You want to keep the other guy out of the lane, entice him to make jump shots. Monta has better speed, but he just gambles to much and goes for too many steals, and he fouls a lot... he needs to learn to move his feet and just stay in front of the guy without reaching in. Contest without fouling, and don't get cuaght playing too far off your man.

Yes we need size, but not necesarrily in the backcourt. We need it at the 3, 4, and 5 spots. Where most of the interior defense is played and the rebounding occurs. The guards need to learn to keep their man on the perimeter.

I know we aren't going to get a decent center for Monta... it's better to keep him and build through draft and FA. Either draft a big and sign some good SF pieces, or draft a solid SF and Sign a decent Big in FA. If we could get Iggy for Dorell Wright and some other pieces then I would do it, but I wouldn't touch Curry, Ellis or Lee right now unless you are getting something spetacular in return.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:43 pm
what do you think of these trade scenarios

Ellis for Iguadala
Biedrins, Udoh and #11 for Nene

Curry
Iggy
D Wright
D Lee
Nene

+ draft Keith Benson in 2nd round
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Then don't trade Monta. Specially for Iggy. Not that I don't like him, but Monta is too good and is a leader on and off the floor for our team.

A leader doesn't alienate his teammates. Ellis said that he didn't want anything to do with Lee off the court. Seems like he has a personal issue with him as he did with Curry when he was drafted. Is that the kind of guy you want as a leader? Iguodala plays defense, rebounds and passes. 3 things Ellis doesn't do well and are what this team needs. Leaders take what they get in stride, not complain about it. Instead of embracing the drafting of Curry, he went to the press to express his disappointment with the drafting. Why? Because he thought he was going to be the starting point guard. He resents the fact that David Lee makes more money than him and the two aren't getting a long so Ellis being shipped out is inevitable.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Then don't trade Monta. Specially for Iggy. Not that I don't like him, but Monta is too good and is a leader on and off the floor for our team.

A leader doesn't alienate his teammates. Ellis said that he didn't want anything to do with Lee off the court. Seems like he has a personal issue with him as he did with Curry when he was drafted. Is that the kind of guy you want as a leader? Iguodala plays defense, rebounds and passes. 3 things Ellis doesn't do well and are what this team needs. Leaders take what they get in stride, not complain about it. Instead of embracing the drafting of Curry, he went to the press to express his disappointment with the drafting. Why? Because he thought he was going to be the starting point guard. He resents the fact that David Lee makes more money than him and the two aren't getting a long so Ellis being shipped out is inevitable.

I never believed that story... from watching them interact during games, they don't look like two people who don't get along. .... they might not be best friends, but they do look like they work well togther.

The fact that was said right when the trade rumors were peaking, and that most of the other media outlets didn't mention it, makes me believe that it wasn't true, or taken out of context....

Just watching the game, it seems everyone looks to Monta as an emotional leader. He is not the most vocal person, but Lee is. Lee is the the vocal one, and so maybe they stepped on each others toes, had a fight or two about the game... but that is healthy for a team that is trying to compeate and get better. It doesn't mean that they hate eachother and won't play with each other.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 pm
Well said about Monta not really being leader material.

I just see Iguodala as a better option for the team in pretty much every respect

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:54 pm
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/734026-nba-trade-rumors-five-players-for-gs-warriors-to-avoid-in-any-monta-ellis-trade#/articles/734026-nba-trade-rumors-five-players-for-gs-warriors-to-avoid-in-any-monta-ellis-trade/page/6

I am on par with this guy's line of thought. I would add that Iguadala's contract is more then Monta's.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

What isn't mentioned is the other good things Iguodala brings:
More allround play -
1. More rebounds from him than Monta means more possessions obtained, the team ot getting outrebounded the way they usually do, more help for Lee and the other bigs.
2. More playmaking and better passing from Iggy than with Monta means better production and contributions from every other player on the team that plays, (like with Miami having two playmakers in Lebron and Wade) having Curry and Iggy handling the ball would make the opposition have to watch for both creating for themselves and others.
3. Better defense from Iggy than with Monta will only mean improvement for the team and makes the biggest weakness for a long time not as weak.

The scoring that Monta brings, which is biggest strength by far, can always be replaced by other players' contributions. The best teams aren't usually among the highest scoring teams, showing that scoring is not the most important thing.

I do think trading with Memphis, getting Mayo and MGasol back is still possible and still the best option. Ofcourse, the team would have to give Monta and another player, but that's still good. After the performance of the Grizz and MGasol, it would not be as easy as before the playoffs, but still most likely and best trade for the team.

The rest of that article can be agreed with, but you can say some things against it as well. Beasley I really want to stay away from, as he is more of a flashy player and really nothing else right now

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 am
Agreed Migya. Maybe skeptical for the Grizzlies trade.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 pm
Another thing I'm hearing is that the team is really looking to get DJordan of the Clippers. Anyone confirm that?

All depends on what happens this offseason with the CBA and likely lockout. Getting DJordan, who would immediately be the starting Center, and trading Monta, say that Iguodala trade, would be a huge upgrade all up and definately defensively. AB would have to get traded obviously and maybe to Philly with Monta for Iggy and another big salary player or players

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 am
I don't think they'd be willing to trade DeAndre Jordan. Jordan is a free agent and will probably get a big raise ($8 - $10M a year). Latest rumors have the Clippers moving Kaman for Iguodala. Kaman is a serviceable center AND an expiring contract so that appeals to the Sixers more than Ellis. I can see the Clippers moving Kaman + Gordon for Iguodala + Williams. The Clippers would then be a pretty dangerous team with a even more improved Blake Griffin. Bledsoe, Iguodala, Aminu, Griffin and Jordan would be a great line up with excellent defensive and rebounding abilities. The Sixers get a scorer in Gordon. They'd start Holiday, Gordon, Turner, Brand and Kaman.

The Warriors don't have any pieces that can land them a quality center.

Return to Trades