trade w/ Nuggets

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 pm
Ellis, Biedrins, Gadzuric

for

Melo, Nene, Affalo

warriors
Curry
Affalo / D Wright
Carmelo (signed long term *only*)
D Lee
Nene

*depending on their record, the W's may be tempted to make a move. improves defense, defensive SG to pair w/Curry, W's get a true superstar/#1 option

nuggets
Billups
Ellis
Al Harrington
K. Martin
Biedrins

*nuggets don't want to lose Melo for nothing like Lebron, they targeted Biedrins in the past, Ellis & Biedrins may be the best they can get for Melo
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm
I don't think I would risk trading for melo, he seems pretty dead set on moving to NY.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:04 pm
Yeah, I agree. Maybe if we could get him to long term right away.

And I like Ellis, and I believe he likes Warriors as well. I'd rather have a player that will play his heart out for the team, than someone who will play wherever, just as long he gets enough money. And I said that about Monta, cause I remembered that tattoo of his, the one on his back. :)
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm
Only way I would make a trade with them would be if it was something like curry, dorrell and expirings for melo and lawson. Only way i'd feel good about this is I think the team would get better in the short term and get a replacement for curry, but I still probably wouldn't do it since melo seems pretty dead set on getting to ny.

A backcourt of lawson and ellis paired with melo david lee and biedrins could possibly advance in the playoffs if the chemistry worked and they could improve at all defensively.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 am
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Only way I would make a trade with them would be if it was something like curry, dorrell and expirings for melo and lawson. Only way i'd feel good about this is I think the team would get better in the short term and get a replacement for curry, but I still probably wouldn't do it since melo seems pretty dead set on getting to ny.

A backcourt of lawson and ellis paired with melo david lee and biedrins could possibly advance in the playoffs if the chemistry worked and they could improve at all defensively.

I don't think that Warriors' lineup is any better or even as good as the one Denver's had the last few years making the playoffs. No defense really either, the main thing.

I reckon Carmelo will go to the Knicks no matter what, he holds the power as to who he wants to go to as his contract ends after this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:42 pm
yeah the trade was dependent on Melo being signed long term. probably more of a pipe dream trade but one I'd do in a heartbeat.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm
Its a bad trade for both teams.

Nuggets don't have a legit SF.
Nuggets lose 2 of there 3 core players and only receive one.
Nuggets lose three starters, Warriors lose 2.
Nuggets take on AB's huge ass contract.
Melo only stays if they play extremely well.
Once Melo leaves you guys pretty much traded Ellis for Nene.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:27 pm
well the Nugz are not in a favorable trade position, so they'd be more willing to accept some quality loss if it means at least getting something of value back, like Ellis/Biedrins.

......and for the Dubz, this trade is 100% dependent on Melo agreeing to stay long term...probably not happening though.

I really hope they pursue 76ers' Iggy, hopefully for peanuts like the VladGadz expirers. he would be like a younger, more athletic Stephen Jackson which would compliment the team nicely.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am
Who knows, offer DWright and expires/fillers and the Nugs might except that for Carmelo

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades