Gortat + Pietrus?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 pm
Beast Mode wrote:CJ for Gortat would be lovely... we'd have to give up more though.. I doubt CJ gets half the contract Gortat has.

That's the beauty of it Beast. Orlando needs to lose some of their salary so they can keep Redick. That's why they are going to wait the full seven days to "determine" if they will match Chicago's offer for Redick. They already know they want to keep him, but they have to lose some of their salary somewhere. They want someone to offer them a good player who has a smaller salary than Gortat for Gortat.

The Warriors have needed an enforcer for a long time now. I think Gortat can be that guy. That and Gortat has been hungry for a chance to start for someone, an opportunity he'll never get in Orlando... unless he gets the Polish Mafia to break D. Howards legs :mrgreen:

Even if you have some hope for Biedrins still, which I do, Gortat would still be good to have on the team imho.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Of course he would. Our wasted draft pick [Boo-Doh] is out for probably the entire season, Brandan Wright is an injury waiting to happen, Biedrins is still recovering... we have a lot of big fragile bodies. Gortat would be a nice addition.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:33 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Of course he would.

Even when we agree on stuff your language makes you come off like an ass. I "try" not to argue with myself on these forums. People in this thread have made arguments against trading for Gortat.... thus my spewing as to why Gortat would be good to trade for.

I really do like you Beast, you're a funny ******, but quite trying to claim credit, or assume you know more than everyone else on the forum. A little of that goes a long way. We all get that you have a clue, but that doesn't mean you know it all, and nobody likes a know it all anyway.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm
Chum, I have always been intrigued by Gortat... not quite sure why, but I would love to see him part of this team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 pm
gortat for gazuric+CJ when the 90 days or whatever it is is up. magic get a serviceabe center for the next few years, and depth at G with the loss of redick. warriors get another front court player that has good upside to go along with monta and curry.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:44 pm
would do CJ + whatever for Gortat in a heart beat
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:55 am
I would have rather Haywood instead of Gortat. I think he'd be a much better fit to play alongside Lee than Gortat would do.

Of course, it won't happen, much less now that the Mavs have re-signed him... but he'd be a better fit.
Previous

Return to Trades