Target: Small Forward

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:06 pm
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Monta for Iguodala. Straight up.

The Sixers get a big time scorer, which they need, and the W's get the 3 that they covet. Everyone is happy. 8)

I like it.

I also like AR + Biedrins for Iguodala
then
Monta for Mayo + Thabeet

PG - Curry
SG - Mayo
SF - Iguodala
PF - Udoh
C - Thabeet

Thabeet is far from a starting caliber Center.... that front court would combine for about 12 points a game

I don't agree. Thabeet needs to develop a lot more but I want him in there for his sheer size, shot blocking and rebounding. Get a coach that knows how to teach and preach defense and Thabeet/Udoh would be scary as hell.

This also gives you D on the perimeter.... And a shitton of scoring.

Theres a reason he got 3 PPG for the Memphis Grizzlies... Thabeet isn't ready. Neither is Udoh. That would be one of if not the worst front courts in the NBA.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:12 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Monta for Iguodala. Straight up.

The Sixers get a big time scorer, which they need, and the W's get the 3 that they covet. Everyone is happy. 8)

I like it.

I also like AR + Biedrins for Iguodala
then
Monta for Mayo + Thabeet

PG - Curry
SG - Mayo
SF - Iguodala
PF - Udoh
C - Thabeet

Thabeet is far from a starting caliber Center.... that front court would combine for about 12 points a game

I don't agree. Thabeet needs to develop a lot more but I want him in there for his sheer size, shot blocking and rebounding. Get a coach that knows how to teach and preach defense and Thabeet/Udoh would be scary as hell.

This also gives you D on the perimeter.... And a shitton of scoring.

Theres a reason he got 3 PPG for the Memphis Grizzlies... Thabeet isn't ready. Neither is Udoh. That would be one of if not the worst front courts in the NBA.

That's why we have a rotation.

We need new players and we need to play them a lot. Next season should be all about training the new guys, with a new coaches new philosophy.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:28 pm
Lol @ Udoh just magically surpassing AR in the starting line up. And get your head straight, stop looking at Thabeet's height/weight combo and watch the games, he's far from productive.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 am
Beast Mode wrote:Lol @ Udoh just magically surpassing AR in the starting line up. And get your head straight, stop looking at Thabeet's height/weight combo and watch the games, he's far from productive.

READ!!! AR was traded in this TRADE scenario.

Having a giant at center helps a ton. They don't have to pull down double doubles to be effective either...

Kendrick Perkins: 10.1 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.7 bpg

Michael Jordan has stated that the hardest player for him to drive on was Manute Bol.

A giant at center just plain makes things difficult for opposing offenses. Thabeet is a giant with way more athleticism than I've seen from a giant since... I actually can't think of a more athletic giant unless you count Robinson or Shaq.

Thabeet/Turiaf would make an excellent combo at center. Lot's of beef and blocked shots there. We just need a coach that knows how to teach bigs to play D.

I dunno Beast, you kind of sound like Nellie to me. "He sucks, he can't score." <--paraphrase

As for Udoh, I think he needs to start right away. Give him tons of minutes, it's the best way to make him NBA ready. This is reason #2050 for why we should TRADE AR's ASS!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:13 am
What about Shane Battier? He's a great defender, a good passer and can hit the occasional 3. He's got one year left on his deal and Houston is willing to trade him. We could sign him to the MLE after his contract is up.

My first choice is Iguodola but it looks like that's just wishful thinking.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 am
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Lol @ Udoh just magically surpassing AR in the starting line up. And get your head straight, stop looking at Thabeet's height/weight combo and watch the games, he's far from productive.

Having a giant at center helps a ton. They don't have to pull down double doubles to be effective either...

Michael Jordan has stated that the hardest player for him to drive on was Manute Bol.

A giant at center just plain makes things difficult for opposing offenses. Thabeet is a giant with way more athleticism than I've seen from a giant since... I actually can't think of a more athletic giant unless you count Robinson or Shaq.

Thabeet/Turiaf would make an excellent combo at center. Lot's of beef and blocked shots there. We just need a coach that knows how to teach bigs to play D.

I dunno Beast, you kind of sound like Nellie to me. "He sucks, he can't score." <--paraphrase

As for Udoh, I think he needs to start right away. Give him tons of minutes, it's the best way to make him NBA ready. This is reason #2050 for why we should TRADE AR's ASS!!!

obviously I went on a huge tirade in last year's draft thread about my issues with Thabeet and nothing I saw change my opinion.

He will NEVER been a competant offensive player... which is fine. I think we can all accept that given his main value is as a defender.

He certainly will be a factor in blocked shots and will not only block shots but change a lot of shots based on his height. But I question whether he can be a dominant defender because he gives up position so easily and is pushed around by players way smaller than him.

How this is happens is because he has an extremely high center of gravity. He is like a baby giraffe....he is contantly pushed around by players becuase he just plays too high and you barely push him and he falls down. It really is freaky to see (much like how freaky Kwame Brown's rediculously short arms look on a guy so big).

I think Thabeet can carve out a decent career and if we could get him cheap as far as talent given up, then I would not mind seeing him on the team but I personally DONT find him this great athlete. His high center of gravity and how he plays shorter than his length is just bizzare to watch. He seems to be a great kid and hard worker, but his "body" flaws render him not as effective as he should be.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:21 pm
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:

obviously I went on a huge tirade in last year's draft thread about my issues with Thabeet and nothing I saw change my opinion.

He will NEVER been a competant offensive player... which is fine. I think we can all accept that given his main value is as a defender.

He certainly will be a factor in blocked shots and will not only block shots but change a lot of shots based on his height. But I question whether he can be a dominant defender because he gives up position so easily and is pushed around by players way smaller than him.

How this is happens is because he has an extremely high center of gravity. He is like a baby giraffe....he is contantly pushed around by players becuase he just plays too high and you barely push him and he falls down. It really is freaky to see (much like how freaky Kwame Brown's rediculously short arms look on a guy so big).

I think Thabeet can carve out a decent career and if we could get him cheap as far as talent given up, then I would not mind seeing him on the team but I personally DONT find him this great athlete. His high center of gravity and how he plays shorter than his length is just bizzare to watch. He seems to be a great kid and hard worker, but his "body" flaws render him not as effective as he should be.

The baby giraffe comment cracked me up!

I'm willing to concede that Thabeet "might" not be a good choice, but I watched him play several times when he played for UCONN and I was very impressed. Apparently so was the Girzzley's FO.

I think we need height at the center position. I think we need another defensive banger to pair up with Udoh, and most importantly we need a new coach that can both teach our bigs to play D and actually play them.

Ideally I'd like to see Udoh paired up with Al Horford, and yes I know Horford isn't very tall. They are both scrappy, long and very athletic. It would a different defensive chemistry than say Udoh + a slow giant, but if the the two bigs are athletic enough they would be hell to deal with.

There really aren't that many great starting centers in the league and trading for Horford or Gasol seems very unlikely. This is why I'd be very happy if we took a chance on Thabeet. If it doesn't work out, no worries. His contract will be up after this season.

Moving AR to center.... maybe. He'd need the right coach, right nutritionist and right weight coach to make that work. But I don't think it will work out and I rather have the defensive minded Udoh getting the bulk of the minutes at PF. Just like everyone here wants Tolliver gone so he doesn't eat up PF minutes from AR, I don't want AR eating up minutes from Udoh.

AR at center is not going to work with the current FO in place. I can't freaking wait until the new owner start making changes. I'm praying that Ellison believes defense needs to come first.

In the meantime I'd like us to shed salaries and and get young players that will compliment Curry. Trading Monta for Thabeet gets rid of our biggest problem, and we might come out of it with a player (Thabeet) that turns into a defensive problem for opposing teams. If not, no worries. Thabeet's contract is up after this next season.

btw I'd like nothing more than for Biedrins to return, completely healthy, ready to kick ass and reprove himself, and finally.... shooting underhanded free throws :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:What about Shane Battier? He's a great defender, a good passer and can hit the occasional 3. He's got one year left on his deal and Houston is willing to trade him. We could sign him to the MLE after his contract is up.

I like this too. In fact let's trade for Battier and Iguodala. Those two plus Udoh would be an amazing defensive core...

AR + Biedrins for Iguoldala
Monta for Battier

PG - Curry
SG - Iguodala
SF - Battier
PF - Udoh
C - Turiaf

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:44 pm
Chum wrote:
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:What about Shane Battier? He's a great defender, a good passer and can hit the occasional 3. He's got one year left on his deal and Houston is willing to trade him. We could sign him to the MLE after his contract is up.

I like this too. In fact let's trade for Battier and Iguodala. Those two plus Udoh would be an amazing defensive core...

Monta for Battier

PG - Curry
SG - Iguodala
SF - Battier
PF - Udoh
C - Turiaf

I love too see the warriors more defensive oriented but you're going fantasy on this.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:47 pm
So you used his time at UConn and the factt that the GRIZZLIES drafted him as a valid reason to trade for him.... Overlooking the fact that he's done nothing in the NBA but get pushed around.... Sometimes I ask myself why I put the effort in
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:52 pm
Beast Mode wrote:So you used his time at UConn and the factt that the GRIZZLIES drafted him as a valid reason to trade for him.... Overlooking the fact that he's done nothing in the NBA but get pushed around.... Sometimes I ask myself why I put the effort in

Those were two of the MANY reasons I gave for taking a CHANCE with Thabeet.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:57 pm
TankWatch wrote:
Chum wrote:

Monta for Battier

PG - Curry
SG - Iguodala
SF - Battier
PF - Udoh
C - Turiaf

I love too see the warriors more defensive oriented but you're going fantasy on this.

Iguodala could very well be traded. There's been mumblings of it all season. The 6ers just drafted Evan Turner so that adds to the possibility of Iguodala being traded. The 6ers FO has said they can both play together, but they have to say that.

Monta for Iguodala or AR+Biedrins would both work salary cap wise and either could be seen as a good trade in the 6ers FO, who knows.

Battier is less likely but again Monta or AR+Biedrins might be viewed as worth it.

If we tried to get both of those players and only got one it would be a win.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:51 pm
Chum wrote:
TankWatch wrote:
Chum wrote:

Monta for Battier

PG - Curry
SG - Iguodala
SF - Battier
PF - Udoh
C - Turiaf

Iguodala could very well be traded. There's been mumblings of it all season. The 6ers just drafted Evan Turner so that adds to the possibility of Iguodala being traded. The 6ers FO has said they can both play together, but they have to say that.

Monta for Iguodala or AR+Biedrins would both work salary cap wise and either could be seen as a good trade in the 6ers FO, who knows.

Battier is less likely but again Monta or AR+Biedrins might be viewed as worth it.

If we tried to get both of those players and only got one it would be a win.

I'm open to anything that could improve the Warriors but replacing Beans with Thabeet whos prime maybe lucky to even reach Mr. Bradley's. [8.1 PPG/ 6.3 RPG/ 2.5 BPG Career stat]?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKOCy9R-h2A[/youtube]
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 pm
it's funny. You go on Philli boards and Iggy to them is what maggs was to us
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm
Quazza wrote:it's funny. You go on Philli boards and Iggy to them is what maggs was to us

I'd take him for Monta, straight up, in a heart beat.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades