What would you give to get better

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:48 am
Now since we know we get the #6 pick in this draft I think - What would you give to get better.

I mean, what would you really give to get better with what we have. I think the 6th pick in this draft will not give an impact player and not one that will be used anyway, just like AR and BW. The team is stacked at all positions and I mean that either every position is set with a player that won't be replaced by any draft pick or there is a current player that is paid too highly to be put on the bench.

The biggest give right now, especially to most on here, is Curry. As I've said, I'd give Curry for another very good PG, like Paul or Rondo, as I see Rondo as a great PG, probably third best right now, arguably there with Nash and deron, just behind Paul. Curry could be a top 5 PG, maybe not, he has skills, his defense is something to improve for sure. I'd give Curry in a trade, coupled with one of the players that I want gone and that's Monta, Maggette or Biedrins. I'd prefer to keep Curry, we are sure he could be the PG for us for a long time, but i'd trade him to get better, if we can't have another trade without him included.

Above all else, I think the team needs a very good Center, as I've said a number of times over the last couple of months. The Grizz have been willing to trade with us and it wasn't a bad one either, would've gotten Monta's overchucking arse out of here, but maybe Mayonaisse would've been similar here. Anyway, my do it all in one hit trade with them is Monta, AB, 6th pick and AR! for MGasol, Mayo and ZRand. I sacrifice AR for not just MGasol, but ZR the expirer. Zach played real well last season, but he has a shoddy past somewhat and AR might really entice them. I'd trade ZR as soon as possible for a very good PF, maybe Horford, and filler.

Point of this thread is to hear what we would all give right now to make the team better, regardless of ownership and the rest of it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:27 am
Easy: anybody but Curry. If you ask me if I'd trade Curry for CP or Rondo, the answer still would be no. I'd trade him for Nash in his prime, but that's not the case anymore, soooooo...

Also, I wanted to draft Curry from the very beginning, as I was sure he was a star in the making. I'm not willing to trade him now.

Other than him, everybody is fair game. Even Randolph, if needed.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:33 pm
I do think ZR's worst days are behind him. Still I don't know why the T-Wolves would do that. Unless they were as frustrated as we are and just want to change their team for the sake of change. But they were one of the most improved teams last year. They'd give up one of the strongest front courts in the NBA, plus a solid SG for a better but smaller SG, a good rebounder coming off a terrible season, a good prospect, and a second tier pick. Why do you think Nelly would go for that?

I'd probably just target Gasol. If you're just going to trade ZR right away, why not make it a 3 way trade? I mean, what does ZR make, 17 million for the next year?
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:03 pm
TMC wrote:Easy: anybody but Curry. If you ask me if I'd trade Curry for CP or Rondo, the answer still would be no. I'd trade him for Nash in his prime, but that's not the case anymore, soooooo...

Also, I wanted to draft Curry from the very beginning, as I was sure he was a star in the making. I'm not willing to trade him now.

Other than him, everybody is fair game. Even Randolph, if needed.

This! 100% agreement. Couldn't have said it better.

I'll add this though. I love watching a high tempo, fast-paced, "fast-ball" type of basketball game. I'd give up that as well if it meant we would be competitive in the playoffs. Ideally we can be both fast paced and a champion.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:45 pm
War Years wrote:I do think ZR's worst days are behind him. Still I don't know why the T-Wolves would do that. Unless they were as frustrated as we are and just want to change their team for the sake of change. But they were one of the most improved teams last year. They'd give up one of the strongest front courts in the NBA, plus a solid SG for a better but smaller SG, a good rebounder coming off a terrible season, a good prospect, and a second tier pick. Why do you think Nelly would go for that?

I'd probably just target Gasol. If you're just going to trade ZR right away, why not make it a 3 way trade? I mean, what does ZR make, 17 million for the next year?

I agree on many of your points. Maybe ZR is stable now, he certainly seemed so this season and performed great, though I want to stay safe. A three way trade would be very feasible, I just didn't think of that, but you said it well. Some would even say keep ZR, he is productive and did so well this season, but I don't think that way and would stay away from such a player.

Memphis was improved and since they are young, they should only improve, but they seemed to be willing to trade and though almost did for Monta. Very good PF/C duo they have, but I'd still try to get MGasol off them, I think he is one of the best Centers in the nba, really do and he'll only get better. AB is no sluch himself, he has important skills for a Center, namely rebounding, a bit of shotblocking and scores at a very high percentage on passes to him close to the basket. He is effective at what he does is what I mean. He might well get back to like he was last season and if that is the case, he could be a keeper here even, but I'd rather try to get MGasol and if the Grizz liked Monta more than Mayo, it's be getting more at SG and losing a bit at Center for them, evens out

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:07 am
my left nut

yes, im THAT sick of being rubbish
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:59 am
Quazza wrote:my left nut

I love the team, but I'm not giving that for anything. Like having both nuts licked and sucked anyway :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:01 am
Quazza wrote:my left nut

Dude, if you are going to sacrifice a testicle, you might as well go big in the request. Before you do it ask for LeBron on a sign and trade. Beans/Mags straight across :)

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:47 pm
I agree, miggy. Anyone but Curry. Call me an optimistic, but i think we are VERY close to being a contender. If you look at the suns, all they really have is Nash and Stoudamire. Everyone else is dispensable on that team. Now if you look at us, we have Curry who is very comparable to Nash. Now all we have to do is give Curry a very effective big man to work with and we could be in contention just like Pheonix.

So, going back to what miggy said, everyone is up for grabs except curry. I hope and pray that the front office could make some moves to get us a reputable big. Trade Monta, Maggette, or Andris! In terms of money, these players is our core, but I'm very firm that they will not get the job done.

GET CURRY HELP NOW!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:31 am
8th ave wrote:I agree, miggy. Anyone but Curry. Call me an optimistic, but i think we are VERY close to being a contender. If you look at the suns, all they really have is Nash and Stoudamire. Everyone else is dispensable on that team. Now if you look at us, we have Curry who is very comparable to Nash. Now all we have to do is give Curry a very effective big man to work with and we could be in contention just like Pheonix.

So, going back to what miggy said, everyone is up for grabs except curry. I hope and pray that the front office could make some moves to get us a reputable big. Trade Monta, Maggette, or Andris! In terms of money, these players is our core, but I'm very firm that they will not get the job done.

GET CURRY HELP NOW!

Don' get me wrong, I would trade Curry if it made the team a whole lot better, but we'd also have to get a PG in return somewhere and one that is very good as well, unlikely to get that much.

What holds this team back, to me at least, no matter how much talent we'd have, is the current coach and even the FO who seem to have interfered before.

After the ownership change and hopeful coaching change, then things can be done properly

All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:11 am
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:I agree, miggy. Anyone but Curry. Call me an optimistic, but i think we are VERY close to being a contender. If you look at the suns, all they really have is Nash and Stoudamire. Everyone else is dispensable on that team. Now if you look at us, we have Curry who is very comparable to Nash. Now all we have to do is give Curry a very effective big man to work with and we could be in contention just like Pheonix.

GET CURRY HELP NOW!

Don' get me wrong, I would trade Curry if it made the team a whole lot better, but we'd also have to get a PG in return somewhere and one that is very good as well, unlikely to get that much.

What holds this team back, to me at least, no matter how much talent we'd have, is the current coach and even the FO who seem to have interfered before.

After the ownership change and hopeful coaching change, then things can be done properly

You sure are here a lot for being away on vacation Migs :wink: Can't say I blame you though.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:33 am
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:

GET CURRY HELP NOW!

You sure are here a lot for being away on vacation Migs :wink: Can't say I blame you though.

As Isaid, I'm going to be at my sister in law's for a week in Geneva and she has internet access. After next Friday I don't know when I'll be back on here

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:10 am
migya wrote:As Isaid, I'm going to be at my sister in law's for a week in Geneva and she has internet access. After next Friday I don't know when I'll be back on here

Hope you had a nice trip there, mate. It certainly takes a lot of hours from Perth to Geneva...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:01 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:As Isaid, I'm going to be at my sister in law's for a week in Geneva and she has internet access. After next Friday I don't know when I'll be back on here

Hope you had a nice trip there, mate. It certainly takes a lot of hours from Perth to Geneva...

Thanks bro. I'm still jetlagged, but starting to eat well and moving a bit to get the body back proper again. Went to Europa Park yesterday, all day, with the daughter, wife, sister in law and her husband. Took us three hours to drive there, in the brother in laws's hotted up WRX, and that just added to the tiredness, with another few hours of travelling. Really a nice place, especially for kids. Daughter was real happy, as were we all. Huge place with a section for many European countries, showing certain cultural things about them. Lots of rides, some too crazy for my liking, but we went on many. Was raining when we got there, such a pissoff, but stopped raining 10mins after we got there in the morning and was just overcast the rest of the day. Was a very good day, the first time I've been to Europa Park, second time for the wife, and something we'll always remember.

Return to Trades