Some Prospective Monta Trades:

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 pm
His age is definately his biggest negative. No doubt.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:42 am
Beast Mode wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:# 4 and # 16 for Monta and our # 6?

Bada, are you fking high?

I feel high when I think about getting Monta off this team yes.

While this is not the ideal Monta trade, I would consider it. I really love Wes Johnson and getting him at 4 is the prize. So we move up two spots AND get another 1st rounder for Monta. I would do it.

I'd trade him for the #16 alone, if needed. And we'd be inmediately improved, even if we draft a bust that won't ever see court time.

That would be pathetic. Once again, we would fail to get anything significant while giving up significant talent. If we're trading Monta, get AT LEAST Mayo back. He's worth much more than the 16th pick and a slight move up.

I also think we can and should get more than that for Monta. Be smart and try to get the most we can, not just try to get potential that is totally unproven at this level

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:13 pm
I think people are seriously underrating OJ Mayo. Looks like a baby Kobe sometimes out there. Isn't a ball hog and shoots good %'s across the board. A willing passer as well [especially when driving, which we usually only get from Curry] ... Mayo + # 12 for Monta or Mayo, #25 and #28 for Monta.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:22 pm
Im still can't believe we turned down that trade in the first place
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:18 am
Quazza wrote:Im still can't believe we turned down that trade in the first place

Same here.

I'd push hard for that Mayo + #12 for Monta, tho... That'd be an EXCELLENT trade for us, and probably would help Memphis put some more people on the stands. Win-win for both...
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:26 am
I would be happy with Monta for Mayo and the 12th or Monta and the 6th for the the 4th and 16th.

Monta for the 16th is not a good trade for us at all. We should be able to get much more than that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:14 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:Im still can't believe we turned down that trade in the first place

Same here.

I'd push hard for that Mayo + #12 for Monta, tho... That'd be an EXCELLENT trade for us, and probably would help Memphis put some more people on the stands. Win-win for both...

Man, if we trade with Memphis we have to get MGasol, just have to. That Monta for Mayo and filler trade is good, but it doesn't improve the team much at all I think. The #6 pick could get the Grizz a Center for sure, so it wouldn't be like they would be lacking in bigs.

A trade like Monta (prefer to give AB, but unlikely Grizz would want him, even when coupled with Monta), resigned Morrow and Tolliver, plus the #6 for Mayo, MGasol and resigned RBrewer (for salary if needed) could work. For Monta and AB, throw in a cheap Morrow or RWilliams for Mayo, MGasol and all their high salary contracts, which is few right now, with only ZRand the one right now. I'd still throw players like Azu and BW, added to another two, along with Monta and AB for Mayo, MGasol and ZRand, with a third team included to give the Grizz a replacement PF, while sending ZRand to that third team, as I don't want him at all

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:59 am
will take more than Monta to get Gasol
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:52 am
Quazza wrote:will take more than Monta to get Gasol

And I outlined an offer with much more than Monta.

The Grizz were interested in Monta a few months ago, we know that, so there is a chance to deal with them. Offering Tolliver and AB, Tolliver a player that did very well with the opportunity he had and AB, young, being good at what he does (rebounding and being efficient when he has the ball by making the few shots he does take) and doing very well last season, an indication of what he can do, as this season was an injury disaster. The only thing is to get salary back from the Grizz and right now they don't have enough outside of ZRand, though they have quite a few players out of contract and looking to be resigned, like Gay and RBrewer. Throw players like Azu and BW at them, as well as the #6 ofcourse and they could give MGasol and Mayo, with fillers for the salary.

I'd like Gay instead of Mayo, whether they'd part with him and MGasol for a number of players we have is the thing

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:02 am
migya wrote:

The Grizz were interested in Monta a few months ago, we know that, so there is a chance to deal with them. Offering Tolliver and AB, Tolliver a player that did very well with the opportunity he had and AB, young, being good at what he does (rebounding and being efficient when he has the ball by making the few shots he does take) and doing very well last season, an indication of what he can do, as this season was an injury disaster. The only thing is to get salary back from the Grizz and right now they don't have enough outside of ZRand, though they have quite a few players out of contract and looking to be resigned, like Gay and RBrewer. Throw players like Azu and BW at them, as well as the #6 ofcourse and they could give MGasol and Mayo, with fillers for the salary.

I'd like Gay instead of Mayo, whether they'd part with him and MGasol for a number of players we have is the thing

First, Marc Gasol is NOT available, according to Memphis sources. Of course, he can be had for the right deal, but it will cost a lot more than Monta.

Still, we know they're definitely interested in Monta, so he's a key piece to make any deal workable. Tolliver has no value whatsoever for Memphis, but I don't know what they think of AB. If they think Biedrins is able to play a role in their team and contribute right away, AB and Monta for Gasol and filler might work.

Big if, tho...

As for Gay, he's a free agent and he'll receive a few BIG offers, as he's in that second tier of guys that will get big contracts just because a few desperate teams will end up with none of the big names. I don't think he's in our range at all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:13 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

First, Marc Gasol is NOT available, according to Memphis sources. Of course, he can be had for the right deal, but it will cost a lot more than Monta.

Still, we know they're definitely interested in Monta, so he's a key piece to make any deal workable. Tolliver has no value whatsoever for Memphis, but I don't know what they think of AB. If they think Biedrins is able to play a role in their team and contribute right away, AB and Monta for Gasol and filler might work.

Big if, tho...

As for Gay, he's a free agent and he'll receive a few BIG offers, as he's in that second tier of guys that will get big contracts just because a few desperate teams will end up with none of the big names. I don't think he's in our range at all.

I think Tolliver does have value, especially if he is resigned to a contract of no more than 2 million a yera. He did well with the time he got, plain and simple and the problem is the team has too many players on the roster, when everybody is healthy that is. Since Monta is on higher salary than either Mayo and MGasol, a cheap productive player like Tolliver and Morrow would be sweetners as such.

I don't know what value AB has with them, but as I pointed out he is productive and good at what he does. They wouldn't lose much, if anything, rebounding wise and maybe they see AB as a good a defender as MGasol, which I think he isn't. AB could still be productive here and he certainly has fit well in the past few years, but I think an upgrade is the best thing, it's just finding a way to get one, but here it might be possible, if not with the Grizz, than getting Love from the TWolves.

Gay likely will resign with them for a heap, but I'd get him instead of Mayo if we can, but that then means it'd probably have to be Monta and AB, along with the #6 for Gay and MGasol and to be honest, I'd take that over any other trade with them, just cleaner and easier, with no so many fillers needed to be added from either side

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:02 am
I do agree if we trade Monta with Memphis we should get Gasol out of it. The only other talent we could give them would be AB. But if they resign Gay, they wouldn't be able to take on Monta and AB's salary which for next year would be 20 million.
Monta, #6 pick and any combination or of Az, Wright and Morrow ( resigned ), for Gasol and fillers, would sure make things more directed and easier for us next year but it will never happen.
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:12 pm
All these D-leaguers have little to no value around the league.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:58 pm
I just think getting Gasol from them is a pipe dream unless we're willing to offer Curry

which obviously, we are not
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 am
Would you do something like Monta+ AR+6 for Gasol + Mayo +12 and obviously some other salaries might need to be involved. Could give us a potential roster of

Curry
Mayo
Maggette/Williams
Wright
Gasol/Turiaf

and allow us to invest a pick that fits a more complimentary player (which most players we could get at 6 would be) like Heyward, Babbitt or Udoh.

I guess the way to guarantee we could get a Gasol from Memphis would be if Ellison bought the team and had Jerry West involved in the front office as he used to GM Memphis and is a mentor of sorts o their current GM. That was a huge key to the Lakers and Grizz trade a few years ago.
Get Money. Get Paid.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades