Some Prospective Monta Trades:

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:31 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:yeah, just trying to go over all the scenarios with Minnesota as they NEED a guy like Monta. He is the perfect fit and obviously they have things we want.

Trying to think of any way we can address our frontcourt needs WITHOUT it being for Al Jefferson. I just dont want that guy on our team. He is a back to the basket scorer who rebounds just OK, plays no defense and is SLOW SLOW SLOW and is a terrible fit for our high paced offense. He would kill our flow and could not keep up.

That does not even go into his contract and injury situation. And I dont think we can get Love....so that led me to this possibility. Them being substantially under the cap gives us more options.

Yep. The only two "things" I'd want from Minny now are their #4 pick or Love.

Problem is... I don't think Monta's valuable enough to make that kind of trade.

For that trade to happen, we gotta be more creative. I think they'd trade their #4 and #16 for Monta and our #6... and I'd still do that trade.

I would do that as well
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 am
# 4 and # 16 for Monta and our # 6?

Bada, are you fking high?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:04 pm
Beast Mode wrote:# 4 and # 16 for Monta and our # 6?

I feel high when I think about getting Monta off this team yes.

While this is not the ideal Monta trade, I would consider it. I really love Wes Johnson and getting him at 4 is the prize. So we move up two spots AND get another 1st rounder for Monta. I would do it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:15 pm
bada wrote:

While this is not the ideal Monta trade, I would consider it. I really love Wes Johnson and getting him at 4 is the prize. So we move up two spots AND get another 1st rounder for Monta. I would do it.

I'd trade him for the #16 alone, if needed. And we'd be inmediately improved, even if we draft a bust that won't ever see court time.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:33 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

I'd trade him for the #16 alone, if needed. And we'd be inmediately improved, even if we draft a bust that won't ever see court time.

That would be pathetic. Once again, we would fail to get anything significant while giving up significant talent. If we're trading Monta, get AT LEAST Mayo back. He's worth much more than the 16th pick and a slight move up.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

That would be pathetic. Once again, we would fail to get anything significant while giving up significant talent. If we're trading Monta, get AT LEAST Mayo back. He's worth much more than the 16th pick and a slight move up.

But in my scenario we are getting back a player (Wes Johnson) who in MY opinion is better than Mayo and much more what this teams NEEDS than Mayo. Then we are ADDITIONALLY getting the 16th pick that could be used on one of the following:

Hassan Whiteside
Damion James
Xavier Henry
Luke Battit
Stanley Robinson
Daniel Orton
Patrick Patterson
Ed Davis
or even your boy Hayward could be around but not likely

AND we get rid of that long term bad contract that will help the new ownership with flexibilty.

I would do it
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:49 pm
Or even your boy, Cole Aldrich :roll:

If you could promise me that Hayward or Whiteside was there at pick 16, I'd do it. But you can't and the most likely won't be. Don't need Xavier Henry [Reggie Williams > Henry]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:52 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Or even your boy, Cole Aldrich :roll:

If you could promise me that Hayward or Whiteside was there at pick 16, I'd do it. But you can't and the most likely won't be. Don't need Xavier Henry [Reggie Williams > Henry]

Yeah, I just listed players that could be there at 16 ... not really a list of guys i WANT or that we need.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

Considering that I'd trade him for a 2025 second rounder, getting the #16 pick is not too bad. :mrgreen:

Really, the sooner he gets out of here, the better. Of course, we have to try to trick somebody and get the best possible deal. But I'd trade him for a friggin expirer if not...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:26 pm
Honestly, I'm probably not prepared to trade Monta for the 4 because I really wonder about, Cousins, Favors and Johnson. Cousins for his potential emotional problems, as we've said many times. Favors because there's not much statistical evidence that he will be a good NBA player, he's young and he might come into the league overwhelmed by unrealistic expectations. I do wonder if Johnson, may not turn out to be as productive as Maggs, (at least how Maggs was last year ) or Azubuike, or now even Williams.

I do realize I'm goiing against the grain here, and I would gladly swallow up Cousins or Johnson if they were to fall to #6 pick.
War Years
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:42 pm
War Years wrote:Honestly, I'm probably not prepared to trade Monta for the 4 because I really wonder about, Cousins, Favors and Johnson. Cousins for his potential emotional problems, as we've said many times. Favors because there's not much statistical evidence that he will be a good NBA player, he's young and he might come into the league overwhelmed by unrealistic expectations. I do wonder if Johnson, may not turn out to be as productive as Maggs, (at least how Maggs was last year ) or Azubuike, or now even Williams.

I do realize I'm goiing against the grain here, and I would gladly swallow up Cousins or Johnson if they were to fall to #6 pick.

Wes Johnsons game is COMPLETELY different than Maggette. I dont think Johnson will be a 20pt scorer but he is such a complete player that is the exact type of player teams NEED to win.

What we currently do it just fill our roster with guys that score. And not just score, but have to have the ball in their hands to do it. Hardly anyone of our starters fits a role. I am tired of that.

We need COMPLIMENTARY players.

This is Johnson to a t!!! He NEVER holds the ball, you kick it to him and he either takes his shot if open, tries to penetrate if he can, OR moves the ball... all very quickly.

he is a great defender and is amazing on the break. Fast and athletic and a SWEET stroke from distance.

Maggette is a clear out/isolation scorer which in my mind has a negative affect on the "TEAM". Johnson is a guy people LOVE playing with.

I think the Shaun Marion comparisons are accurate. Can do just about anything on the court, but is dependant on the team concept to thrive. Johnson will never be you MAIN guy who can attack on his own... much like Marion.

However he is the perfect component to a winning formula for a roster. This is my main objective.... to deconstruct our FAIL roster and reconstruct it with a winning forumula.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm
I think Wes is more like Pippen. Thats who I thought of when seeing him and thats who he compared himself to in the video, so it's gotta be true :D

Would love to have him on our team, ofc at the expense of Maggette.

Still, Monta's gotta get his mind right or bounce
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:59 pm
Beast Mode wrote:I think Wes is more like Pippen. Thats who I thought of when seeing him and thats who he compared himself to in the video, so it's gotta be true :D

Would love to have him on our team, ofc at the expense of Maggette.

Still, Monta's gotta get his mind right or bounce

Pippen is a pretty good comparison however Johnson is a much better pure shooter than Pippen but certainly not AS long or as good of defender as Pippen.

The style is not the same as Marion, but the type of game they play I think is pretty close... not sure he will be as good of rebounder as Marion though.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:20 pm
bada wrote:
War Years wrote:Honestly, I'm probably not prepared to trade Monta for the 4 because I really wonder about, Cousins, Favors and Johnson. Cousins for his potential emotional problems, as we've said many times. Favors because there's not much statistical evidence that he will be a good NBA player, he's young and he might come into the league overwhelmed by unrealistic expectations. I do wonder if Johnson, may not turn out to be as productive as Maggs, (at least how Maggs was last year ) or Azubuike, or now even Williams.

Wes Johnsons game is COMPLETELY different than Maggette. I dont think Johnson will be a 20pt scorer but he is such a complete player that is the exact type of player teams NEED to win.

What we currently do it just fill our roster with guys that score. And not just score, but have to have the ball in their hands to do it. Hardly anyone of our starters fits a role. I am tired of that.

We need COMPLIMENTARY players.

This is Johnson to a t!!! He NEVER holds the ball, you kick it to him and he either takes his shot if open, tries to penetrate if he can, OR moves the ball... all very quickly.

he is a great defender and is amazing on the break. Fast and athletic and a SWEET stroke from distance.

Maggette is a clear out/isolation scorer which in my mind has a negative affect on the "TEAM". Johnson is a guy people LOVE playing with.

I think the Shaun Marion comparisons are accurate. Can do just about anything on the court, but is dependant on the team concept to thrive. Johnson will never be you MAIN guy who can attack on his own... much like Marion.

However he is the perfect component to a winning formula for a roster. This is my main objective.... to deconstruct our FAIL roster and reconstruct it with a winning forumula.

You nailed Wesley Johnson. I think he'd be a perfect compliment to Curry for all the reasons you mentioned Bada. I haven't been hyping him up lately because I think he's going to Minn. or somewhere else before he drops to the 6th spot.

Johnson mostly played SF and some at the PF spot, but at times he did play SG. He's stated he believes he can play as a true swingman, although he probably feels he has to say that. I think he could make an ideal SG to compliment Curry. Their styles should really compliment each other perfectly imho.

He is going to be the best perimeter defender in this draft. I've been slamming home that we need a low post presence, duh, but we were also last or nearly last in the league in perimeter defense as well.

An ideal situation, in my eyes, would be putting Wes Johnson at SG and AR at SF. Now we have a ton of length and athleticism to guard the perimeter. If none of that works out, no worries as Wes can play SF.

I think trading Monta for a draft pick seems a little weak, but if Wesley Johnson is in the equation I'm all for it.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Bada said:
Wes Johnsons game is COMPLETELY different than Maggette.

Yyyeahh, no sh-t.

What I said was this:
I do wonder if Johnson, may not turn out to be as productive as Maggs, (at least how Maggs was last year ) or Azubuike, or now even Williams.

Notice I compared him not only to Maggs, but also Azubuike and Williams. The reason for that is that they all play small forward.
I think you make a good point about complememtary players, I see Johnson as a good complementary player. And Curry likes him.
He's a great defender???

Can you really say that? Doesn't Syracuse play a zone defense? Do you think it will translate to the Warriors? I'm not saying it couldn't.
Hey, if he's Scottie Pippen, yeah I would trade up to 4 to get him.

The fact that he's almost 23 does disturb me a little. I would have hoped for him further along in his game. I've been reading a few stats about good NBA player's development curve, and with a few notable eexceptions such as Steve Nash for example. NBA players peak out around 25 and maintain high levels of performance for 3 or 4 years after. That we wouldn't get Johnson until he's 23, does concern me a little. But of the 3, Cousins, Favors or Johnson., I do think he is the safest bet, because Favors and Cousins are what 19? On one level that shows more years to develop before their peak, yet on the other hand, it does make you more uncertain if they will make the right choices and develop their potential.
War Years
PreviousNext

Return to Trades