Tired of Mike?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should the Warriors bail on Mike Dunleavy?

Yes, trade him for a complimentary player
68%
No, wait it out and see how he shows up for another 2 seasons or so
32%

Total votes : 22

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm
I dunno about you guys, but in my mind, Duke players just make money on potential in the NBA. Grant Hill is probably the closest thing to making it out of Duke in the past decade, and how many years has he been on the sidelines? Christian Laitiener is a joke in himself, Jay Williams wiped on the bike, and need I even bring up the rest? I just don't want the Warriors to turn Mike Dunleavy into the next Donyell Marshall or Antawn Jamison and wait for his potential to evaporate after 6 or 7 years of paying and playing him. I think we need Mully to deal him away while he's still worth something. This doesn't mean I don't believe in him somewhat; the kid shows up to play on some nights, but I'm just not a believer in the Duke system as far as producing NBA players. I think we could grab a complimentary small forward until the front office drafts another one. Anybody else agree?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:16 am
I think you are forgetting elton brand & maggette. They were sucessful.

Id like to wait til the trading deadline before the warriors make a decision on Mike.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:42 pm
You're right; I did forget Elton Brand, but I still don't think that Duke players always live out their potential. If we don't see any reason to do so, I agree that we wait to trade Mike until mid-season. However, by the end of the season, unless he's shooting over 30% from the arc and averaging at least 15 points a game, I think we'd be better off finding a decent 5-spot somewhere and developing Pietrus for the starting role.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:50 pm
Right now I say trade him or keep him on the bench as a sixth man. Pietrus is great at locking down people, even those bigger than him. He has a great first step, good shot, and with Baron he has been cutting to the hoop as a first option. I say trade Dunleavy and Foyle for a good backup at C and SF for Pietrus and Biedrins during the year
http://s12.invisionfree.com/All_Basketb ... hp?act=idx][
Looking For Warriors Mods and Warriors Bloggers AllBallAdmin@gmail.com If You Are Interested

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:17 pm
I say pietrus over dunleavy anyday. On the plus side Mickeal Pietrus is a way better defensive player(Not that that matters Montgomery never plays Pietrus).

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:47 pm
Sign him to a reasonable long term contract now, then let Baron make him look better than he is for half a season, then trade him for something more than a complementary player when teams get desperate for a versatile long range shooter at the trade deadline.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:25 pm
BigW wrote:Sign him to a reasonable long term contract now, then let Baron make him look better than he is for half a season, then trade him for something more than a complementary player when teams get desperate for a versatile long range shooter at the trade deadline.

You can't possibly be a Warriors fan :banghead: :banghead:
http://s12.invisionfree.com/All_Basketb ... hp?act=idx][
Looking For Warriors Mods and Warriors Bloggers AllBallAdmin@gmail.com If You Are Interested
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:26 am
Dunleavy is a fake! He has never been nothing but maybe is worth something to someone right now. Trade the guy along with someone elese for a decent player!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:33 pm
Amen, migya

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:19 pm
CABALLA wrote:
BigW wrote:Sign him to a reasonable long term contract now, then let Baron make him look better than he is for half a season, then trade him for something more than a complementary player when teams get desperate for a versatile long range shooter at the trade deadline.

You can't possibly be a Warriors fan :banghead: :banghead:

I agree with CABALLA. I want Mike D. out as soon as Pietrus shows potential this season
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:46 pm
I think all BigW was saying is sign Mike, then dump him on a team once Baron Davis makes him look good. It's actually a good idea; we could get a better player than Dunleavy's worth.

Regardless, I, too, want Pietrus in the starting job as soon as he can be. Mike Dunleavy needs to be traded.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:07 pm
I agree, put Pietrus as the starting small forward and trade Dunleavy.

Have you thought of Radmanovic? He is asking for more minutes of playing time. Do you think this could be a possible trade? He shoots 3's and could be a good replacement for Dunleavy.

The question is would the sonics trade for Dunleavy? Maybe add a player or two? Or a future draft pick?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:50 pm
I don't think the Sonics need a player like Dunleavy... they've got Rashard Lewis playing small forward. Unless they're looking for a backup...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:28 pm
Lil Dun cannot be traded this fiscal year, cause his contract jump more than 15% after this year. And trust me no one wants that contract.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:10 pm
TOO EARLY!!!!! i've been as critical of dunleavy as anybody,but why rush to trade him, he's under contract, let's see how this season goes.
Next

Return to Trades