It's Time To Ante Up

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm
Amare (resigned) for Mags/A Randolph/Claxton 2010 unprotected #1 pick

it's time man. get it done....bring Amare to the Bay. it's time to ante up and throw down. I'm confident the Suns would have a very hard time rejecting this offer. and it keeps enough talent in GS for Amare to want to stay here (Curry/Ellis/Azu/Amare/Biedrins). we've seen what the potential of this team may be for now, but it's not reality (this team is 3rd worst in the NBA). next years draft pick (unless John Wall which is far from guaranteed) is not what this team needs. they have enough youth, what they need is proven stars /difference makers and a big man with a post game.....hmmmm... and in walks Amare.

that is why you trade the pick, you trade Randolph (who may be a star one day but guess what Amare is already star), you trade Claxton and actually use you're expirer instead of wasting it (a la J Rich trade exception). any hesitations you have regarding Amare...well you know what....IT"S WORTH THE GAMBLE. how much gamble is there in NOT doing something, staying sucky, and always thinking maybe this youth movement will be "the one."
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:11 pm
whoa, huge pass!

no way do you include an unprotected pick in that deal. Not for Amare
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Quazza wrote:whoa, huge pass!

why?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm
rockyBeli wrote:
Quazza wrote:whoa, huge pass!

why?

Because Amare is old and John Wall isn't.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Chum wrote:Because Amare is old and John Wall isn't.

Amare just turned 27. getting John Wall is far from a certainty. and Steph Curry is adequate enough to be the PG of now and the future. and on a side note the warriors haven't had an allstar or a good big man in 200 yrs.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 pm
rockyBeli wrote:
Chum wrote:Because Amare is old and John Wall isn't.

Amare just turned 27. getting John Wall is far from a certainty. and Steph Curry is adequate enough to be the PG of now and the future. and on a side note the warriors haven't had an allstar or a good big man in 200 yrs.

Actually I agree with all of this. I should have said "Amare is older than John Wall."

I don't know. Amare has had a shitty attitude lately. It sounds like he's going to go for a max contract and I just don't think he is worth it.

I think we can get Al Jefferson for less, and imho he's a better rebounder and defender than Amare. Maybe not as good offensively, but not bad. The biggest thing Amare has over Jefferson is his ability to run the floor well.

I guess if we made a good offer for Amare,and he didn't act like a jerk about going to the Warriors, I'd want him here.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 pm
I think I would pass on that as well. I pushed for Amare in the offseason but Curry's play and with more ping pong balls than I had anticipated, that is just too much to give up. If Amare rebounded and played defense better, I would do it... but giving up the 6th pick in the draft last year, most likely a top 4 pick this year (and giving up the chance at Wall), AND Randolph is just way too much.
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:15 pm
As I said in another thread, a trade package like this is way too much, even for Paul, who was the player being discussed and who I think has higher value than Amare right now, though not alot, he is more highly valued and for good reason.

Amare is a player to not go for now, not until he signs for a longer contract. He should only be had as a free agent now this offseason and the best way to lure him is to make one or two very good moves now, like getting Paul. Getting a star like Paul will be a huge atrractant to Amare, as he already plays with a great PG, has for a number of years now, and has had his best success with him. Amare wants monwy above all else it seems, but like other star players, wants to win as well and getting another star first like Paul is the only way to get him and keep him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 am
I'd only want to do it if he agreed to resign. he may not play much defense, but 9 rebs/gm career avg sounds decent to me. he pulled down 17 boards the other night btw. no I would not trade John Wall but there's no guarantee whatsoever that we'd get the #1 pick.

you guys have a lot more patience than me, that's for sure. I don't think it'd be giving up too much talent to nab a yearly All Star starter who is a top 5 big man. this "talent" we'd be parting with has managed to achieve the 3RD WORST RECORD IN THE NBA, having a putrid season. and we'd be getting rid of Maggette's contract as a bonus.

so, a team who are 13-33... and you have 2 options:

Option 1) stay the same sucky team, hope that you get equal value for Maggette (if he's ever traded), hope that Anthony Randolph becomes a hall of famer, hope that we get the #1 pick.

Option 2) trade for a superstar big man who actually makes an all star team.....and still keeping Curry, Ellis & Biedrins

so you guys think Option 1 is alot better even though it has the most risk and the most "if's." "IF" has been the Warriors philosophy for 10+ years.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:30 am
rockyBeli wrote:I'd only want to do it if he agreed to resign. he may not play much defense, but 9 rebs/gm career avg sounds decent to me. he pulled down 17 boards the other night btw. no I would not trade John Wall but there's no guarantee whatsoever that we'd get the #1 pick.

you guys have a lot more patience than me, that's for sure. I don't think it'd be giving up too much talent to nab a yearly All Star starter who is a top 5 big man. this "talent" we'd be parting with has managed to achieve the 3RD WORST RECORD IN THE NBA, having a putrid season. and we'd be getting rid of Maggette's contract as a bonus.

so, a team who are 13-33... and you have 2 options:

Option 1) stay the same sucky team, hope that you get equal value for Maggette (if he's ever traded), hope that Anthony Randolph becomes a hall of famer, hope that we get the #1 pick.

Option 2) trade for a superstar big man who actually makes an all star team.....and still keeping Curry, Ellis & Biedrins

so you guys think Option 1 is alot better even though it has the most risk and the most "if's." "IF" has been the Warriors philosophy for 10+ years.

Thing is firstly that Amare would have to sign another contract and for at least two more years, at the very least. We are not sure of that at all and in fact he could just leave after this season, meaning you get a couple of months out of him and lose a large junk of your talent and future.

You can get better trades than that anyway. Firstly, you wait until the draft lottery to see what pick we get, should be top 3. Then you can make offers using that pick.

I still don't think a core of Monta, Curry, AB and Amare is more than 6th to 8th seed caliber, not championship caliber. No point then really, as the team would have just gotten a bit older and not improved sufficiently.

Reckon AJefferson could be had for a little less and since he is locked into his contract, he is no risk of leaving. Maggette and BW for him should be enough. With the top 3 pick, as it should be, you add another very good player and the team gets alot better. That's keeping the rest of the roster as is, though I'd like to get rid of both Maggette and AB this offseason, maybe Monta as well, but for a star PG

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades