The Perfect Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you like this trade?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Yes
100%
Yes
No votes

Total votes : 4

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:28 pm
Ellis, Biedrins, Claxton

for

J-Rich, Amare

gsw=Curry J Rich Jax Amare Randolph

(Jax would stay after W's fulfilling their promise to acquire proven talent)

suns=Nash, Ellis, Hill, Lopez, Biedrins

pros

- eliminates the small, vulnerable curry/ellis backourt
- gives the W's the much needed proven #1 option / star player Amare
- gives the W's the much needed proven post presence
- brings fan favorite J Rich back to the Bay
- keeps Curry, who is the only true PG on the team, in the Bay
- brings the W's 2 elements most or all playoff teams retain: a good ball distributer and/or a star/superstar player
- a vet savvy team. vets win (celtics, lakers, spurs any1?). young teams go through growing pains.

cons

- front court size concerns with Amare @ center. (but Turiaf can help)
- Amare's injury risk (but he seems to be over it, + Moped Ellis is a risk 2)

If the W's are sucking, do this trade W's DOOOOO IITTTTT!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:44 am
In like it, but the Suns would want more and I'd throw in BWright, as well as a future 2nd round pick or two, or a future 1st rounder instead. For both Amare and JRich, giving Monta, Biedrins, BW, Claxton and a future 1st rounder is worth it. Even if Amare leaves, the team has a heap of money to work with and still has alot of talent that is still growing.

SJack has to go though

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:53 am
you know-i have no idea why, but i want absolutely nothing to do with J Rich

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:31 pm
how vulnerable did the Monta/Curry backcourt look last night? I'm gonna be honest, I'd rather keep Monta than take on J-Rich right now. I have a feeling J-Rich's body is going to break down on him and he'll be a watered down Vince Carter for the rest of his career.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:41 pm
I loved Jrich, I hated it when they traded him, but time has passed, and I don't want him back.
War Years

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:16 am
E-Man wrote:how vulnerable did the Monta/Curry backcourt look last night?

Pretty bad actually. Curry held his own but I don't know how many times Monta would get lost and let Ariza get wide open for another 3. Ariza who was/is a role player, scored 25 on Monta.

I still think J-Rich has got it. He's only 28 and his hops are back. His numbers have gone down because he was deferring to Amare and Shaq. Would not mind seeing Curry dish oops to J-Rich and Randolph on the fast break. :) And Amare is Amare. His track record speaks for itself, he's been a yearly allstar and an all-nba dominant post player.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:41 am
GSW2006 wrote:
E-Man wrote:how vulnerable did the Monta/Curry backcourt look last night?

Pretty bad actually. Curry held his own but I don't know how many times Monta would get lost and let Ariza get wide open for another 3. Ariza who was/is a role player, scored 25 on Monta.

I still think J-Rich has got it. He's only 28 and his hops are back. His numbers have gone down because he was deferring to Amare and Shaq. Would not mind seeing Curry dish oops to J-Rich and Randolph on the fast break. :) And Amare is Amare. His track record speaks for itself, he's been a yearly allstar and an all-nba dominant post player.

Ariza is taller than a lot of our guys, and certainly taller then anyone that guarded him. Ariza just jumped and shot the ball right over everyone. I don't see a lot of 6'8" SGs in the league...so unless we run into that every night, I don't see where the beef is. Ariza couldn't have scored all 25 on Monta. That's basically saying that every minute Ariza was in, Monta was guarding him. Houston just executed a great inside out game against the Warriors. Basically they passed it in to Scola or Landry and if they couldn't score or got double teamed, they'd kick it out to Ariza or Brooks for the 3.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to Trades