Let's make a trade!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which Trade is Your Favorite?

Trade ONE: Jackson & Ellis for Ricky Rubio, Ilgauskas & others
No votes
Trade TWO: Jackson & Maggette for Baron Davis & Ilgauskas
No votes
Trade THREE: Jackson, Maggette & Ellis for Baron Davis, Ricky Rubio, Ilgauskas & others.
67%
Trade NONE: I want to keep Ellis.
33%
Trade NONE: I want to keep Maggette.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:37 pm
Watching the Niners get destroyed by the Falcons and read some articles regarding the W's on SFGate. It's been a long time since I posted here, but I channeled my inner Bill Simmons and used the ESPN Trade Machine, to try and undo Robert Rowell's "work".

=====================================

Trade ONE:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylh8jkz

W's + Cavs + Wolves

-------------------------------------------------------

W's get: Rights to RICKY RUBIO, Ilgauskas (expiring), Daniel Gibson (4 years), Brian Cardinal (expiring), Corey Brewer (expiring), Pecherov (expiring).

Cav's get: Jackson (4 years), Turiaf (2 years)

Wolves get: Monta Ellis (5 years)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Warriors essentially are giving up Ellis for Ricky Rubio. Rubio won't play in the NBA for 2 seasons, but he's only 18. Let him season in Barcelona and then he joins Curry in the backcourt at the still young age of 20. In exchange for Turiaf and Jackson we get expiring contracts totaling $22.6 million. In total we turn Ellis' and Jackson's $18.6 Million per year into only Gibson's $4 Million per year contract. We now have money to spend in free agency this summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting 5: Biedrins (C), Randolph (F), Maggette/Wright/Morrow (F), Curry (SG), Rubio (PG) - Watson and Gibson split PG duties for first 2 years while we wait for Rubio.

Bench: Azubuike, Watson, Maggette/Wright/Morrow, Gibson and fill up the rest of the roster with draft picks and D-League discoveries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Minnesota gets something for the debacle they created by drafting 2 PG's back to back - Rubio obviously does not want to play there. They get a talent, signed long term, in Ellis - good value given their situation and he can play with Love and Jefferson for a long long time. They also save money this year by unloading random 1 year contracts for players that aren't in their long term plans.

Cleveland loses Ilgauskas' expiring deal and size at center but get a tough guy they need for the playoffs in Jackson. Then Turiaf offets the loss of Z and he can pair with Shaq in their revamped front court. To help offset Jackson's contract we take on Gibson's contract which is of equal length.

======================================

Trade TWO:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjvhq55

W's + Cavs + Clippers

------------------------------------------------------------

W's get: BARON DAVIS (4 years), Ilgauskas (expiring)

Clippers get: Maggette (4 years), Draft pick

------------------------------------------------------------

This one is simpler, the Warriors get back Davis for Maggette essentially fixing the mistake they made when Rowell overruled Mullin last summer. Despite taking on Davis contract we're still saving a ton of money when Ilgauskas' 11.5 Million comes off the books this summer. In terms of the long term and our cache of talent, we're not improving that much. But we unload one of our horrible long term contracts (I count only one because Davis' deal offsets the other contract). But we take a flier on Davis and see if he and Nelly can rediscover the 'We Believe' days. Maybe Ellis is happier being back with Diddy. Davis' size possibly allows us to play a small small lineup with Curry, Ellis, and Davis along with Biedrins and Randolph (yes this is quite a stretch). But in any case, we can have a rotation of Davis, Ellis, Curry at the 2 guard spots. That's 32 minutes each if they get all 96 minutes.

----------------------------------------------

Starting 5: Biedrins (C), Randolph (F), Wright/Morrow/Curry (F), Ellis (SG), Davis (PG)

Bench: Azubuike, Watson, Wright/Morrow/Curry, and fill up the rest of the roster with draft picks and D-League discoveries.

Cleveland loses Ilgauskas's expiring deal and size at center but gets a tough guy they need for the playoffs in Jackson. Then Turiaf offets the loss of Z and he can pair with Shaq in their revamped front court. To help offset Jackson's contract we take on Gibson's contract which is of equal length.

Clippers give up talent in a downgrade to Maggette, but they save 3 Million/year and solve the clash between Davis and Coach Dunleavy. We give them a draft pick for their loss in talent.

======================================

Trade THREE:

[url]http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykfdraz
[/url]
W's + Cavs + Clippers + Wolves

-----------------------------------------------------------------

W's get: BARON DAVIS (4 years), rights to RICKY RUBIO, Cardinal (expiring), Brewer (expiring), Ilgauskas (expiring), Gibson (4 years)

Clippers get: Maggette (4 years), Draft pick

Wolves get: Ellis (5 years)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

MY FAVORITE. This one is a hybrid of parts 1 and 2 and is essentially insane - but work with me.

The Warriors get back Davis for Maggette and basically fix the mistake they made when Rowell overruled Mullin last summer.

We also get Ricky Rubio - but will wait patiently for him to arrive in the NBA in 2011-12. In both 2009-10 and 2010-11 Davis starts and is spelled by Gibson and Watson. in 2011-12, when Rubio arrives, Davis still starts but also mentors Rubio. Then in 2012-12, Davis' last year, he takes a backseat to Rubio - I'm thinking Davis by then is more fragile, more injured, and realizes he probably can't get another big contract (hence he's not angry about a 6th man role more during a contract year - he could even parlay this into impressing some contender into signing him as a 6th man much like Jason Terry does for the Cavs).

In terms of Contracts, we trade 3 long term and expensive contracts totaling 27.5 Million (Jackson, Maggette, Ellis) for one long term contract (Davis), a second fairly bad but less expensive contract (Gibson), and then 3 expiring deals that total 21.1 Million. Effectively, after this season, we convert 27.5 Million/Year into 16.1 Million/Year and probably 4 Million more for Rubio's Rookie deal.

Starting 5: Biedrins (C), Randolph (F), Wright/Morrow (F), Curry (SG), Davis/Rubio (PG)

Bench: Davis/Rubio, Azubuike, Watson, Wright/Morrow, and fill up the rest of the roster with draft picks and D-League discoveries.

Cleveland loses Ilgauskas' expiring deal and size at center but gets a tough guy they need for the playoffs in Jackson. Then Turiaf offsets the loss of Z and he can pair with Shaq in their revamped front court. To help offset Jackson's contract we take on Gibson's contract which is of equal length.

Clippers give up talent in a downgrade to Maggette, but they save 3 Million/year and solve the clash between Davis and Coach Dunleavy. We give them a draft pick for their loss in talent.

Wolves turn their debacle after drafting 2 PG's back to back (causing Rubio stay in Spain for at LEAST 2 years) into Monta Ellis to pair along with Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. Their front court is already set, now they have a backcourt pair in Ellis and Flynn (if he works out).
Here we go again...
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:09 pm
jesus, yall are going mental. All we need to do is get jackson out of here. Curry is NOT Starting PG material yet. I really like Curry giving Ellis some quality rest in the 2nd qtr. and Maggs thus far has earned his pay check in the few Preseason games I've seen. No, Niet, Nein!

Jackson for expirier straight up. nothing more nothing less. we are finally starting to get chemistry on this team and yall wanna go and fvck with it.

first trade trade and the first trade problem: we will have 18 players (soon to be 17 after pruit leaves) on our roster. league max is 15. second, we are stuck with gibson for four years. If it was just for jackson I might consider it, but adding turiaf is too much. Third It's an unfair trade to give monta away for just for rubio. getting rid of monta to gain another PG doesn't really solve our problem. Curry and rubio together is actually a down grade defensively. IF monta is to go for anyone, it should be a big defensive SG.
Last edited by first off on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58 pm
Yeah I would want to trade Jackson out of here by himself although that trade for Baron and Big Z looks kind of tempting.

Return to Trades