Trade idea between Warriors and Heat

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:53 pm
Ok so a friend and I were talking, and we were thinking of possible suitors that we can make trades with. Miami came to mind...

The Trade:

Miami gets Corey Maggette and Brandan Wright

Golden State gets Udonis Haslem and Dorell Wright.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kwsceb

Reasoning:
For Miami-
Miami has no guaranteed contracts for the 2010-11 season right now. If Dwyane Wade picks up his option (which this trade could help in that respect) then that's 17mil. They have team options on Beasley, Cook, Jones, and Chalmers (all likely to be picked up...maybe not Jones'). Maggs gives them someone that will be there to play next to Wade for years to come and them getting to the line 16 times a game would be crazy good. Wright is included in the trade because Miami is thin on bigs and trading Haslem would make them thinner. Wright is a good PF that they can use to start if Beasley isn't ready yet (or plays 3), or can come off the bench if Beasley starts at 4.

For Golden State-
The Warriors would get Haslem who can start at the 4, moving Randolph to 3, or can come off the bench while Randolph starts at 4. At 7.1 million, Haslem is a little expensive to come off the bench, but is better than Maggs' 8.9 to be a sixth man. Haslem has good range for a big man and is a pretty good rebounder to have while Turiaf is trying to block every shot. Dorell Wright would be a serviceable backup at the 3 spot. Both are expirers, so even if we don't want to go in that direction after this season, that's 9.875mil off the books to add to the 8mil we get from Speedy/Law/George's expiring contracts for a total of about 18mil for 2010.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:09 pm
I like the trade on our side but I don't know how interested anybody in the league would be in taking on Maggette's contract, with the economy the way it is. It is true that they need some compliments there with Wade for the long term, but they can probably get better players besides Mags. Are they trying to get rid of Haslem? He would certainly come in handy even though he is a little undersized (when has that ever mattered to Nellie?).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:23 am
Good to give up Maggette, but I don't think Haslem would be able to get much court time, unless AR was used at SF, which Nelson has said he doesn't want to do much. I'd do it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 am
I think Miami would go for it if Wade were signed long term. But with him being a free agent next year?. No way. They won't mess with their cap space til Wade has signed an extension.

That way, they'll be able to make a run at Chris Bosh or somebody like him to pair him with Wade in next year's free agency.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:37 am
best trade ive seen so far! gets rid of maggette! thank goodness. we get haslem (decent physical player who can play off bench or start if we need)
which i really dont care about as long as maggs is out. and i actually do think he may work ok there along side wade. it could be a difficult pair to defend, and they would draw soooo many fouls.

the fact that i feel as though i would actually look at this trade and give it thought if i was the bulls gm makes me feel that it is a very interesting and maybe even a decent trade.

Return to Trades