Warriors will try again for Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:53 am
TMC wrote:There's nobody on this team I wouldn't trade for Bosh. Nobody. Of course, if it means losing Monta, Beans and Randolph, I'd think twice about it (actually, wouldn't do it), but if one or two of them have to go, so be it.

You just can't expect to add a talent like him for average players with bad contraccts.

You can certainly try
:mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:40 pm
I love bosh's game... but you gotta realize a few things:

1. The raps are almost as bad as us.
2. Nelly has no idea what to do with legit PFs
3. they haven't had the injury problems that we've had, yet they are still are ridiculously bad.
4. there's no way toronto would be dumb enough to give up bosh for maggs and/or crawford and some iffy rooks (BW, Beli). Raps would probably want Dre and Monta at a minimum. in which case, no way jose.
5. bosh will leave us in a season 4 SURE. no sense in trading two up and coming players (monta and dre) for a player that's just going to ditch us in a year.
6. we are pretty close to a complete team. we need another board man, and a PG, (and a coach that believes in defense). with that I think we can be seriously dangerous. trail blazers were in our shoes last year (young team with lots of injuries) and now look at them.

side note - didn't realize o'bryant is on the wraps these days, wonder where he will go next.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:12 am
first off wrote:I love bosh's game... but you gotta realize a few things:

3. they haven't had the injury problems that we've had, yet they are still are ridiculously bad.
4. there's no way toronto would be dumb enough to give up bosh for maggs and/or crawford and some iffy rooks (BW, Beli). Raps would probably want Dre and Monta at a minimum. in which case, no way jose.
5. bosh will leave us in a season 4 SURE. no sense in trading two up and coming players (monta and dre) for a player that's just going to ditch us in a year.
6. we are pretty close to a complete team. we need another board man, and a PG, (and a coach that believes in defense). with that I think we can be seriously dangerous. trail blazers were in our shoes last year (young team with lots of injuries) and now look at them.

side note - didn't realize o'bryant is on the wraps these days, wonder where he will go next.

The Raps were top of their division not too long ago, players haven't changed much there, likely only attitude toward something, maybe coaches.

Nelson has always liked athletic players, bigs and smalls. Bosh is just that and the only type of PF Nelson would ever like.

Like I said, it must be attitude towards something. It has to be something because the roster hasn't changed much.

Toronto needs change as well and they must know that Bosh must be seriously thinking about leaving there when his contract finishes. Such a trade, involving Crawford/Maggette, Azu/Belinelli, BW/AR and this upcoming lottery pick, adds talent to them. They have won decently with that roster a year or so ago, but they do have holes, SG being the biggest. They don't have anyone to really break down the defense and slash and score, starting or off the bench. They get depth, more athletic, younger and know that they got something for Bosh, in case he did leave.

I wouldn't trade Monta or Biedrins, maybe one of them, though I'd try everything to keep both, especially Biedrins, as center is the hardest position to fill well. Bosh would like the style of Nelson, playing wise at least, as he is athletic and the team runs and guns. He also would be a very good fit here. Oakland and the bay area is a huge market andthis franchise has money, so Bosh would get paid well, no worries about that.

Bosh isn't a great rebounder, but he is very good, so the rebounds would be helped by him. PG is all that would be needed and a trade or free agency more likely, could get a good enough PG.

In all, you need a star. All great teams have at least one star. You build around that star, keeping whatever good players that fit the team and not letting them go

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 am
migya wrote:
first off wrote:I love bosh's game... but you gotta realize a few things:

The Raps were top of their division not too long ago, players haven't changed much there, likely only attitude toward something, maybe coaches.

Nelson has always liked athletic players, bigs and smalls. Bosh is just that and the only type of PF Nelson would ever like.

Like I said, it must be attitude towards something. It has to be something because the roster hasn't changed much.

Toronto needs change as well and they must know that Bosh must be seriously thinking about leaving there when his contract finishes. Such a trade, involving Crawford/Maggette, Azu/Belinelli, BW/AR and this upcoming lottery pick, adds talent to them. They have won decently with that roster a year or so ago, but they do have holes, SG being the biggest. They don't have anyone to really break down the defense and slash and score, starting or off the bench. They get depth, more athletic, younger and know that they got something for Bosh, in case he did leave.

I wouldn't trade Monta or Biedrins, maybe one of them, though I'd try everything to keep both, especially Biedrins, as center is the hardest position to fill well. Bosh would like the style of Nelson, playing wise at least, as he is athletic and the team runs and guns. He also would be a very good fit here. Oakland and the bay area is a huge market andthis franchise has money, so Bosh would get paid well, no worries about that.

Bosh isn't a great rebounder, but he is very good, so the rebounds would be helped by him. PG is all that would be needed and a trade or free agency more likely, could get a good enough PG.

In all, you need a star. All great teams have at least one star. You build around that star, keeping whatever good players that fit the team and not letting them go

Bosh is Nelly's type of PF, and believe me, he would be utilized. I've never really bought the idea that Nelly doesn't like big players. He'll utilize any position player. However one of his lame limitations is that they have to fit into his preconcieved style, and Bosh fits perfectly in.

First Off Wrote:

That's the biggest danger as I said in my initial post. We should try to get as much of a gentleman's agreement about resigning as we can but ultimately the bottom line could be what kind of year we have next year with Bosh. And with a healthy season, I think the prospects could look very good
Even if he opts out, then the situation is not a disaster, we'll end up having a good chunk of cash for the much hyped 2010 free agent market. But I'm not sure being a heavy player in that high stakes game is as advantageous as other seem to think.

I do think there are fallacies, and there is a limit to what we should offer.
Those that think we could give up Beans because after all we still have Turiaf,and could move Bosh over to Center and keep Wright and Randolph, IMO are mistaken. Even with Bosh, We'd have another repeat of this year, the bigger teams will snow us under. We have to work at solidifying our positions. We have a surplus of 2's, and Monta's our prize 2, so if we want Bosh we have to be prepared to deal him. Even if we did, with the addition of a good PG, and possibly even keeping Crawford, That's still a very improved lineup.

Another problem I could see happening is expanding the trade to include a bunch of Raptor players that don't answer our needs. We should try to keep it to just Bosh.

But maybe we don't have to part with Monta. Toronto has a lot of holes, a trade involving Crawford or Maggs, Az or Belli, Turiaf or Wright and a draft pick, with the pick they are already going to get could give them considerable depth and we could add Bosh and still keep our starting lineup in tact.

If we can keep Beans , we will have to give them one of our other bigs, and I would say Turiaf or Wright. I can see Randolph with the potential of being another Bosh in a few years, but with fewer PPG, but more shot blocks, and rebounds.

We have got a lot of cheap talent that is at a premium in the leaner days ahead. And we don't need to play 11 players. So I would agree with Migya, we are in a position to offer a lot, and maybe still keep our nucleus largely intact.
War Years
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:08 am
migya wrote:4. there's no way toronto would be dumb enough to give up bosh for maggs and/or crawford and some iffy rooks (BW, Beli). Raps would probably want Dre and Monta at a minimum. in which case, no way jose.

4. so I agree raps need wingmen, however if they trade away bosh they will have no one but Bargnani down low. Don't even act like Brandon wright is or will ever be a replacement for Chris bosh. it's not as if he's old an on the way out - CB4 is 25. I think for a bosh trade to go through, they are going to want a legit starting big man in the deal.

5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs.
also, Bron Bron is going to one lucky team next summer, the other contestants in the LeB sweepstakes will have some serious cash to spend (unlike us). Bosh is an all star... do the math.

on 6 I meant we shouldn't trade a qtr of our team for one player, because we are almost complete. we should scrap crawford (I guess that's already been decided) and ADD a rebounder/defender big man for an MLE and draft a PG (or vicea versa).
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:45 am
first off wrote:
migya wrote:4. there's no way toronto would be dumb enough to give up bosh for maggs and/or crawford and some iffy rooks (BW, Beli). Raps would probably want Dre and Monta at a minimum. in which case, no way jose.

4. so I agree raps need wingmen, however if they trade away bosh they will have no one but Bargnani down low. Don't even act like Brandon wright is or will ever be a replacement for Chris bosh. it's not as if he's old an on the way out - CB4 is 25. I think for a bosh trade to go through, they are going to want a legit starting big man in the deal.
We don't know what BW can do. He has not been given a chance to really show what he's got. Bosh was drafted by the Raps and played heaps straight away, BW was the exact opposite. Nelson is tough on his rookies and has been the whole time with BW, Bosh is an established star, it would be different with Nelson for him.

5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and [b]deserves to go deep into the playoffs.
also, Bron Bron is going to one lucky team next summer, the other contestants in the LeB sweepstakes will have some serious cash to spend (unlike us). Bosh is an all star... do the math.[/b]

on 6 I meant we shouldn't trade a qtr of our team for one player, because we are almost complete. we should scrap crawford (I guess that's already been decided) and ADD a rebounder/defender big man for an MLE and draft a PG (or vicea versa).

Raps would only trade away their best big player if they had a replacement, a proven one. If Marion leaves them, they wouldn't trade Bosh unless they definately get a proven inside player back. Marion stays or Bargnani continues as he is, maybe showing an inside game (haven't seen him play in a while so don't know if he is playing well on the inside this season), they'd seriously think about the trade I mentioned for Bosh as they do get more talent and more depth.

Bosh has played Center a fair bit before anyway, so he wouldnt be a stranger to that if he was asked to do it again. With Bosh, the team would win more, maybe much more so if he wants winning, he'd likely get here being added to this team.

We are complete? Close to complete disgrace maybe. The team would be much better with a very good PG, so no real changes are needed (except getting rid of Crawford or Maggette for salary purposes at least), but such a trade getting Bosh should only improve the team. There would be less depth and you never know if players like Morrow and Belinelli can play as good as we've seen them this season on a consistent basis, but a star does allow for alot more improvement in a team, almost always anyway

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:34 am
first off wrote:

5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and [b]deserves to go deep into the playoffs.[/b] also, Bron Bron is going to one lucky team next summer, the other contestants in the LeB sweepstakes will have some serious cash to spend (unlike us). Bosh is an all star... do the math.

"Why would Bosh like Nelson?"

Who do you think is behind the push to get Bosh? You know it's not Mullin. Who in the organization has the license to make a big deal like that now? Who, Rowell?
To me this reaffirms Nelson's place in the hierarchy, His comments as to leaving at the end of his contract reaffirms this further. Now HE's assuring US his reign will someday end?' ( though if he has a vastly improved team at the end of 2 years, and his health held up, I do think he would extend again. )

"Don would probably force him to play Center"

If we trade Beans, I think you're right. And it wouldn't be enough, and would cause Bosh to flee.
Nelly-Webber incident II? I'd sure hope Nelly wouldn't make that mistake again with a player he covets so much. I'd like to think he's learned. You see how patronizing he is with Jackson. Nelson has darlings and I think Bosh would be his new flame.

"Dude wants and deserves to go deep in the playoffs."

Yeah, but he hasn't been able to lead a team deep into the playoffs yet. Nor has he been a player whose been the dominating factor at the end of the game, as say Baron has. And that's probably the only reason we stand any chance of getting him, if we do. If we could dump one or two of our big contracts. With our young players, the downturn could be a blessing for us.

4. so I agree raps need wingmen, however if they trade away bosh they will have no one but Bargnani down low

Rony might be a help, but I think that's a need they might be able to obtain with their 2 top 10 draft picks, if we should do a deal.

" 6 I meant we shouldn't trade a qtr of our team for one player, because we are almost complete. we should scrap crawford (I guess that's already been decided) and ADD a rebounder/defender big man for an MLE and draft a PG (or vicea versa)."

Trading quarter of our team for Bosh would still leave us with 8 or 9 good players.
Are we really almost complete? I don't think we are just a PG away, though if we had Nash or Andre Miller, we'd be a lot closer. But we'd still be a couple of years away and by the time our young players are ready, their contracts could be up. Drafting a PG is a longterm proposition that Nelly doesn't have the patience for. I certainly don't think a younger point guard like Felton or T.J. Ford by itself, will get us over the top either.

No I say PG won't be enough, we need an upgrade at another piece. And right now the opportunity is with a PF. Where I may agree with you, Firstoff is that we shouldn't be throwing players at Bosh. We should be very mindful of the players we will be left with. But to not consider this at all, would be a real oversight.
War Years
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:52 pm
first off wrote:5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs.
also, Bron Bron is going to one lucky team next summer, the other contestants in the LeB sweepstakes will have some serious cash to spend (unlike us). Bosh is an all star... do the math.

Okay, but who said Bosh had a problem playing center? Sure, he's a natural 4, but it's not like he's ever said he'd have a problem playing the 5. Also, Bosh wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs? Yeah, that goes for a lot of players in this league. Nash and Kidd want and deserve an NBA title. Dwight Howard wants and deserves to do that. A lot of players want and deserve that.

As for Bron... he's staying in Cleveland. He has a better chance winning in Cleveland than in New York. At least, that's my opinion. And re-signing Bosh would not be a problem. To get him here, you have to give up big contracts. Well, by unloading two huge contracts, you're gaining Bosh's contract. Then, he leaves, and they can open their wallets wide enough to keep him. We will have cash to spend to bring him back if he leaves(which he probably will).
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 pm
the ideal scenario for me with any bosh deal would be to somehow keep randolph/biedrins/turiaf in oakland. i'd be willing to deal anyone else, any combination, any drafts, etc. it would probably involve monta and wright at a minimal. maybe they'd take either crawford or mags, but if they get monta, they won't want crawford.

a frontline combo of bosh/biedrins/randolph/turiaf could be steep and deep. for guards, we've got plenty. for wing players, we've got plenty.

still, even bringin in bosh, we'd need a better point. i like andre miller if he's available. he's a proven point, tough, clutch, smart player. i also think nelson would trust him to run the floor.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:34 pm
xbay wrote:
first off wrote:5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs.

Okay, but who said Bosh had a problem playing center? Sure, he's a natural 4, but it's not like he's ever said he'd have a problem playing the 5. Also, Bosh wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs? Yeah, that goes for a lot of players in this league. Nash and Kidd want and deserve an NBA title. Dwight Howard wants and deserves to do that. A lot of players want and deserve that.

As for Bron... he's staying in Cleveland. He has a better chance winning in Cleveland than in New York. At least, that's my opinion. And re-signing Bosh would not be a problem. To get him here, you have to give up big contracts. Well, by unloading two huge contracts, you're gaining Bosh's contract. Then, he leaves, and they can open their wallets wide enough to keep him. We will have cash to spend to bring him back if he leaves(which he probably will).

Well said xbay. Bosh can and has played Center and done it well, so if he had to do it here, he could do it well. Also, he'd have more talent here than in Toronto right now. Maybe not a whole lot more, but still pretty considerable and with alot of money to throw at him, as either Maggette or Crawford would be traded for him, as well as a few others.

I also think Lebron will stay in Cleveland, unless they fall next year

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:27 am
I think it's fair to say Bosh would be going to a considerably more talented team.

Maybe he hasn't said anything, but I do think Bosh would be more comfortable playing a year at PF, then a year at Center. He's undersized, would he really want to be the scapegoat after we win 5 in a row and then get decimated by the Lakers? We're already a lttle undersized with Beans.

I'm always leary of Nelly's habit of trying to get by with a big man on the cheap. Or maybe better said, sacrificing size for speed. So Bosh played Center on a team that's worse than us. Did it work for the Raptors?

If we could get Andre Miller and Bosh. What would it matter if we gave up 2 of these 3, Monta, Maggs, Crawford. Or 2 of these 3, ( Turiaf or Wright, ) Bellinelli and a top 8 draft pick..
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:30 pm
read today the Bulls will be after him as well. They have a few pieces that the Raptors would be interested in too imo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

Well said xbay. Bosh can and has played Center and done it well, so if he had to do it here, he could do it well. Also, he'd have more talent here than in Toronto right now. Maybe not a whole lot more, but still pretty considerable and with alot of money to throw at him, as either Maggette or Crawford would be traded for him, as well as a few others.

I also think Lebron will stay in Cleveland, unless they fall next year

Agreed.

And I agree with LeBron. The 09-10 season could make or break if he stays or not. If Cleveland keeps adding pieces and upgrading their bench, I think he'll opt out, but stay in the end with Cleveland. LeBron has all the money in the world he needs from endorsements, I would assume he'd be focusing on winning a title now. And if Cleveland's management can continue to surround LeBron with help, he'll stay.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 pm
xbay wrote:And I agree with LeBron. The 09-10 season could make or break if he stays or not. If Cleveland keeps adding pieces and upgrading their bench, I think he'll opt out, but stay in the end with Cleveland. LeBron has all the money in the world he needs from endorsements, I would assume he'd be focusing on winning a title now. And if Cleveland's management can continue to surround LeBron with help, he'll stay.

I'd be SHOCKED if Lebron leaves the Cavs. I think he's gonna stay no matter what, and Wade will do so with Miami. From that group of stars that will be free agents after next season, I only see Bosh leaving his current team (and, if I had to bet, I'd do it for him signing with the Knicks).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am
War Years wrote:I think it's fair to say Bosh would be going to a considerably more talented team.

Maybe he hasn't said anything, but I do think Bosh would be more comfortable playing a year at PF, then a year at Center. He's undersized, would he really want to be the scapegoat after we win 5 in a row and then get decimated by the Lakers? We're already a lttle undersized with Beans.

I'm always leary of Nelly's habit of trying to get by with a big man on the cheap. Or maybe better said, sacrificing size for speed. So Bosh played Center on a team that's worse than us. Did it work for the Raptors?

If we could get Andre Miller and Bosh. What would it matter if we gave up 2 of these 3, Monta, Maggs, Crawford. Or 2 of these 3, ( Turiaf or Wright, ) Bellinelli and a top 8 draft pick..

If the trade was no more than say, Maggette/Crawford, Azu/Belinelli, BW/AR and this upcoming lottery pick, the team would still have Monta, SJackson, Biedrins, Maggette/Crawford, Azu/Belinelli, BW/AR, Watson (had a very good season) and Morrow (showed very good potential as bench scorer). That is enough talent, added to Bosh, to be championship caliber and if that trade happened and Bosh came here, it would be totally up to how the team performs next season and who they can keep and not let leave.

AMiller would be good to get as PG, but 76ers will do everything they can to keep him, as theystill have a team that could make the playoffs, especially if they add one other good young player, they could be a good team in the East

PreviousNext

Return to Trades