What about T. J. Ford?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm
T. J. Ford is getting benched again in favor of Jarret Jack. Ford is the type of PG we need. Defensively, though he is about Monta's size, he can pressure the ball and contain the dribble and compensate for Monta's obvious defensive weaknesses. He's almost as fast as Monta, but a better passer, a good short range scorer. ( which he has lost a little bit this year ) It does leave us a little weak at backcourt 3pt. %, but we do have Az and Morrow.

Last year he started out like a bat out of hell, before he got knocked out with a blow to the head and was out for a couple of months. When he came back, he found Jose Calderone got his job. He didn't handle losing his job well, and because he was so ineffective backing up, and the Raptors had such a downturn, they gave him his job back, and he played better.

We might be able to get him for Crawford, their salaries are close. This is a more realistic pick for those who think that any top level PG wouldn't dare want to go to the Warriors , at least at this time. ( I'm not sure of that, if they were compensated well. ) Not as good as Andre Miller but about 7 years younger.
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 pm
How many good PGs in a league with a shortage of good PGs switch teams as often as this guy? TJ is way undersized and overrated. I would put him ahead of Jamal Tinsley on my wish list, but that is still pretty low. I would really rather continue the Monta experiment.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm
I've always liked Ford but this season has put me off him a bit because his assists are nothing special at all. He used to average some eight assists a game, a very good amount of assists and showing he is pass first, but this season he seems to be shooting himself more and he doesn't have a three point shot either.

I'd much rather Felton, he is much more complete, less injury risk and younger with more improvement likely

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 pm
migya wrote:I've always liked Ford but this season has put me off him a bit because his assists are nothing special at all. He used to average some eight assists a game, a very good amount of assists and showing he is pass first, but this season he seems to be shooting himself more and he doesn't have a three point shot either.

I'd much rather Felton, he is much more complete, less injury risk and younger with more improvement likely

I think that near-career ending injury changed Ford. That kid was going to be a one of the top PG for Milwaukee in the NBA. Then, that injury happened, and he was back to normal, but just wasn't the same TJ Ford he once was.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Trades