Knicks Eyeing AR?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 am
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:if they give us lee, then they can have randolph.

If they give us Lee, they can have anybody on this team...

i wouldnt give biedrins or turiaf for lee :wink:

Biedrins is debatable... but you wouldn't trade Turiaf for Lee?. Seriously?

I sure bloody wouldnt!!!..............if Turiaf got the minutes and opportunities that Lee gets, he would produce the same rebounding numbers, a hell of alot more blocks (well, hes averaging a hell of alot more playing half the time Lee does anyway) and alot of assists.

Plus, we need the attitude, toughness and team spirit guy that Turiaf is..............that Lee is not.

Plus, Lee is going to expect half way big money at the end of this season, maybe 7 mil+..............whereas Turiaf is on what, 4 mil for the next 3 years.

Turiaf wins in every single possible catagory, apart from offense.........which is one we dont need.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:15 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:

I sure bloody wouldnt!!!..............if Turiaf got the minutes and opportunities that Lee gets, he would produce the same rebounding numbers, a hell of alot more blocks (well, hes averaging a hell of alot more playing half the time Lee does anyway) and alot of assists.

Only problem is that I don't think Turiaf has the stamina to play so many minutes during a season and still produce at that rate.

For a few games?, sure. But we're talking long term here.

Also, Turiaf is great, but offensively is a bit of a blackhole. Not so much as Adona was, but still ain't a guy that can help you much. Lee is a lot more complete.

The point about Lee's contract is a valid one, tho, but I still think Lee would be a bargain at 7 million per year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:24 pm
You guys are crazy! I'd keep Wright AND Randolph. Lee may be good, but I'd still prefer both of those two than him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:

Only problem is that I don't think Turiaf has the stamina to play so many minutes during a season and still produce at that rate.

For a few games?, sure. But we're talking long term here.

Also, Turiaf is great, but offensively is a bit of a blackhole. Not so much as Adona was, but still ain't a guy that can help you much. Lee is a lot more complete.

The point about Lee's contract is a valid one, tho, but I still think Lee would be a bargain at 7 million per year.

As much as I like Rony, I would take a trade for Lee in a second. I think Lee would want at least 8-9 million. Hopefully we'll have that much coming off the books if Crawford opts out. But I guess there is always the possibility of signing him as a free agent in the offseason if Crawford opts out.

Lee has to be one of the 5 most improved players in the league. But some of that is because he's on a team that has been gutted of scorers and rebounders. He gets the same advantage of good stats that Harrington gets.

I do agree with David Wood that we shouldn't trade Randolph because Randolph will ultimately be better. But that may not matter because now Nelson now says eventually he wants Randolph to be a 3. I agree but that kind of surprised me. Who does he want at the 4, Azubuike? He never misses a chance to say Brandan would be too small a power forward. So go and figure! I never know what to believe that he says or what plot he has in mind.

I think if we can give a combo of either Maggs and Wright or Turiaf and Bellinelli . It would be worth it. I haven't checked to see if it works salarywise, however.
Last edited by War Years on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Years
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:13 pm
why trade mags for lee? i see mags being a very important piece to our winng and competing again, mags is more than just a solid roll player.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:41 pm
xbay wrote:You guys are crazy! I'd keep Wright AND Randolph. Lee may be good, but I'd still prefer both of those two than him.

+1 8)
my sig ran away :(
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:02 am
mista240sx wrote:why trade mags for lee? i see mags being a very important piece to our winng and competing again, mags is more than just a solid roll player.

That's not a good joke man.

Maggette for Lee, which the Knicks wouldn't be stupid enough to do, not now anyway, would be a deal to do in a heartbeat.

I think Lee will want, and get, at least 11 million a year

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 pm
KEEP RANDOLPH... HE'S GONNA BE HUGE!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Previous

Return to Trades