'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:24 am
bout that time again...

good knows our team doesn't look good.

teams looking to trade include:
New York (for the lebron sweepstakes)
Denver
Tronto
Kings (Miller)
Utah (boozer let go for free)

any thoughts? who we need to trade? post 'em here

---------------------------------------------------------------------
New York
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Real GM's Wiretap wrote:"If Donnie Walsh is able to trade Eddy Curry it would make it much easier for the Knicks to re-sign David Lee and Nate Robinson this summer.

Walsh declined to offer extensions to Lee and Robinson last summer, but a decision will likely be made soon with the trade deadline a little more than a month away.

If Walsh decides he isn't going to re-sign either player, he may be moved to trade them now, rather than risk losing them for nothing in July.

Trading Curry, who is set to attempt a comeback this week, would give Walsh more time to evaluate Lee and Robinson."


assuming no one wants curry's fat ass...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~3242~2772~2782&teams=18~18~9~9&te=&cash=

Brandon Wright and Marco Belinelli

for

Nate Robinson and David Lee

both have two year contracts with team options... which is nice for New York because if it looks like they can't get LeBron, they can keep these guys.

i think it's a pretty even trade...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
utah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one would probably never happen, but it works financially
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=378~3242~1703&teams=26~26~9&te=&cash= maybe throw in a pick...

basically just before boozer can cut and run from the mormons... although seeing jax in utah would be hard to deal with. I'd feel bad for him. plus he just doesn't see like a Jerry Sloan type of player - ok this is an awful trade for utah, but good for us. :)
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:33 am
I'd love to trade for David Lee... although, if the Knicks has some kind of brain in their front office (and I'm not really sure yet), he should be a keeper. Exactly the kind of role player that Lebron needs to complement his game.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:04 am
There is no way the Knicks are dumb enough to trade double double machine Lee and Nate Robinson for an unproven Brandan and a barely proven/unproven/sinking fast Marco.

Also, although Utah dont want to lose Boozer for nothing............there would be a HELL of alot better deals out there than Brandan and S-Jax for him.

The only we are going to make moves, is if we are willing to take back a "lesser" player in return for one of our horrible contract/team killing players.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 am
Knicks would go for that trade ig they saw potential, as production wise, they lose big
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:15 am
Unless there is a difference maker available who wants to come here, and/or we have some guys that are just not going to work out or want to leave, I say screw this season, play the players we have and it will all work itself out in the by and by. Why trade away pieces we haven't even fully tested... makes no sense at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:11 am
Jackattack wrote:Unless there is a difference maker available who wants to come here, and/or we have some guys that are just not going to work out or want to leave, I say screw this season, play the players we have and it will all work itself out in the by and by. Why trade away pieces we haven't even fully tested... makes no sense at all.


I say the opposite actually, as I dont believe its going to work at all when everyone is all together.

So, trade them now for ANYTHING, preferably cap space, so we can re-build this team completely, bar 4-5 guys not named S-Jax/Mags/Crawford..............as everyone together, healthy, I dont think is going to work and will only reduce their stock even futher.

Just think if we could clear cap space now, ie: S-Jax, Mags and Crawford, to be able to make a real run at Bosh, Wade or even LeBron, come the 2010 free agency class.

One of those players, or one of the other stars available at that time..........paired with Beans, Monta, Turiaf, Randolph and Brandan (hopefully) with a high draft pick this and probably next year..........that would be something.

Foyles 6.4 mil come off the books this year, so we would be in a PRIME free agency position if we could get rid of even 2 of the above mentioned 3.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:10 am
maybe...

maggette, azubuike and williams to denver for kenyon martin and a 2nd round pick???????

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

we have a too many swing players and as much as i love azubuike i think he is one of our best trading chips.

maggettes contract is horrible and so is kenyons... but kenyons is the lesser of the 2 evils....

we desperately need a pf... martin can run the floor, play defense and rebound...

would you do this trade?

jamal
monta
jackson
kenyon
goose
...
marco
wright
turiaf
etc...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:23 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:37 pm
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:maybe...

maggette, azubuike and williams to denver for kenyon martin and a 2nd round pick???????

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

we have a too many swing players and as much as i love azubuike i think he is one of our best trading chips.

maggettes contract is horrible and so is kenyons... but kenyons is the lesser of the 2 evils....

we desperately need a pf... martin can run the floor, play defense and rebound...

would you do this trade?

jamal
monta
jackson
kenyon
goose
...
marco
wright
turiaf
etc...

+1
my sig ran away :(
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 pm
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:maybe...

maggette, azubuike and williams to denver for kenyon martin and a 2nd round pick???????

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

we have a too many swing players and as much as i love azubuike i think he is one of our best trading chips.

maggettes contract is horrible and so is kenyons... but kenyons is the lesser of the 2 evils....

we desperately need a pf... martin can run the floor, play defense and rebound...

would you do this trade?

jamal
monta
jackson
kenyon
goose
...
marco
wright
turiaf
etc...


I do like the idea, but I think giving up mags AND Azu (and williams) for martin will make us worse off than we already are. azu is arguably our best player off the bench. Mags currently leads our team in pts per game, and is leading our guards in 2pt FG %.

If mags is overpaid, then Martin is WAY overpaid (14Million?)! this hollinger blurb basically describes my feelings towards the guy:

Hollinger wrote:2008-09 outlook: Martin will return as the Nuggets' starting power forward, and the hope is that being a year removed from the knee surgeries will allow him to return to the player he was pre-surgery. That's the glass-half-full look at his year; he's also 30, relies almost totally on his athleticism to compete, and has had multiple serious knee surgeries. At some point he's going to have to learn some new tricks because the dunks will be much fewer and farther between, and with three years and $46 million left on his contract, that time will almost certainly come on the Nuggets' watch.


I'd pay that type of money for Josh Smith, but that's an athletic freak who is young (he's just 22 right?). 46Mill for a 30 year old athletic freak that's had surgeries on both his knees and can't do much else besides dunk on offense? just sounds way too risky for us.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 pm
first off wrote:If mags is overpaid, then Martin is WAY overpaid (14Million?)!


kenyon only has 3 years left... maggs has 5...

kenyon = 3 years 14mill per year = 42 mill

maggs = 5 years 10mill per year = 50 mill
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:
first off wrote:If mags is overpaid, then Martin is WAY overpaid (14Million?)!


kenyon only has 3 years left... maggs has 5...

kenyon = 3 years 14mill per year = 42 mill

maggs = 5 years 10mill per year = 50 mill



Look at the rest of his post, it explains it all.

Kenyon Martin is one of the most overpaid players there is and getting him would be a waste and also putting another guy ahead of BWright and Randolph
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:45 pm
migya wrote:
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:
first off wrote:If mags is overpaid, then Martin is WAY overpaid (14Million?)!


kenyon only has 3 years left... maggs has 5...

kenyon = 3 years 14mill per year = 42 mill

maggs = 5 years 10mill per year = 50 mill



Look at the rest of his post, it explains it all.

Kenyon Martin is one of the most overpaid players there is and getting him would be a waste and also putting another guy ahead of BWright and Randolph


kenyons making 46mill over the next 3 years...

i still rather have kenyon for the next 3 years then maggette for the next 5...

i rather have kenyon playing the PF then maggette...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:23 pm
Im not saying he's worth that $$, but he's actually playing pretty well this year
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 pm
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:
migya wrote:
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:
first off wrote:If mags is overpaid, then Martin is WAY overpaid (14Million?)!


kenyon only has 3 years left... maggs has 5...

kenyon = 3 years 14mill per year = 42 mill

maggs = 5 years 10mill per year = 50 mill



Look at the rest of his post, it explains it all.

Kenyon Martin is one of the most overpaid players there is and getting him would be a waste and also putting another guy ahead of BWright and Randolph


kenyons making 46mill over the next 3 years...

i still rather have kenyon for the next 3 years then maggette for the next 5...

i rather have kenyon playing the PF then maggette...



Great point and you almost get my vote :mrgreen:

It is KMart though and he is paid a bit more. I'm actually undecided right now on such a trade. Think I'd actually go for it and get KMart for just three more years opposed to Maggette for five :wink:


SOLD
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:46 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
target PF's

Bargnani
Boozer
Kirilenko
B. Miller


I wouldn't mind trading Maggette or Crawford for any of these guys. I'd even trade Ellis for Boozer and try to get Jamal Tinsley.

pg Tinsley
sg Belinelli / Crawford
sf S Jax
pf Boozer
c Biedrins

that lineup is 2000 Pacer-esque
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron