Sources: Bobcats to trade Wallace

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:12 pm
http://probasketballnews.com/pbn_breaking110608.html

i sure hope we're the front runners. he'd fit right in with our high flying act!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:27 pm
I love Wallace, unfortunately Mullin does not make deals that are not completely out of the blue, at least from a fan's perspective.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:02 am
Dude, i'd poop my pants if he came here. But where would he play? And who would come off the bench? Very intriging...

See right now he could plug in for Magette because he's injured, but when Mags and Monta come back, there's a logjam. I wonder who would embrace a sixth man role.

Also, its very surprising that Charlotte would trade him, I thought him and J-Rich were a good tandem.

I really doubt we'll actually get him though. But what a dream.
DUBBBIN’ !
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:27 am
if he came to golden state, either he, corey, or jackson would come off the bench. i don't know if i could see all three starting with biedrins and wright

would wallaca, maggette, or jackson be cool with coming off the bench?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:08 am
ceddy wrote:http://probasketballnews.com/pbn_breaking110608.html

i sure hope we're the front runners. he'd fit right in with our high flying act!

Man..............thats a little exciting. :shock:

For me, the dream would be to throw in S-Jax as well, and we get Felton back too................ [-o<
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:26 am
I'd rather keep playing CJ Watson instead of trading for Felton.

Also, I don't think the team is considering trading for Gerald Wallace. Not after signing Maggs in the offseason. That would be just too much money tied into guys that play a similar position.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:57 am
bigstrads wrote:
ceddy wrote:http://probasketballnews.com/pbn_breaking110608.html

Man..............thats a little exciting. :shock:

For me, the dream would be to throw in S-Jax as well, and we get Felton back too................ [-o<

agreed dude-keen

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:25 am
you get the feeling that there would be a third team involved... i hope this goes down today at some point!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:31 am
Very bad trade for the Dubs!!! There is no BD to setup Wallace and he's only a 6'7 swing player who is a tweener!!! If he can't get it done in Charlotte then don't make the trade for him!!!

This is purely a fastasy player trade which Mullin wouldn't do!!! Or Rowell eat my asss I'm in charge boss

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:35 am
like the writer stated, i can see the knicks being the third team involved. maybe charlotte will actually take eddy curry, giving us wallace, and new york taking on harrington.
i think wallace actually played some pf last year, maybe he can muscle up and do it for us.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 am
See the problem is, that's why he got hurt last year, going up against PF's. I would love him coming here, but it would be a hard fit.
DUBBBIN’ !
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:08 pm
Dude do you know what his nick name is? Gerald "Crash" Wallace. why? because he's always flying around and getting injured. we already have Corey, whose known for never being able to make a full season without injury, do we really want to add another? I like him but we DON'T NEED A SWINGMAN! we have one to many as is. Jackson can not continue to run point, and IMO Monta is too good a shooting guard to play anyplace else. just like AI doesn't work at point, neither will he.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm
Actually yeah, you guys are right............now Im over the initial excitement of getting a player of Wallace's undoubted talent, in exhange for Al!!!

I see the light and the fact that we simply dont need him..........aswell as the injury factor.

Even though Wallace can play PF, its not a great position for him, and would not really improve us much.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:22 pm
I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:33 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million

Agreed............that would be IDEAL!!! Mags and Al for Wallace and Felton!
Next

Return to Trades