3 WAY DEAL IN THE WORKS???

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:07 pm
Viz wrote:

With that said, I still think this is all unlikely, but hey, stranger things have happened. If the Lakers can get Gasol and the Clippers can get Camby why can't we get Josh Smith?

yea i would look at it that way... i mean all the impossible seemed possible this offseason haha, plus the lakers addition of gasol. If the clips can get camby for a 2nd rnd pick and lakers getting gasol for kwame and 1st rounders why cant we get a player like smith for say a shitty return for the hawks

haha its not even a second round pick... its the option to swiitch second round picks. they still have to possibly send one back or just keep it the way it is.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 pm
I tend to think all this talk is bullsh-t. The Warriors are finished with the free agent draft.
I think Mully was caught flat footed when Baron left. Admirably he tried to break up another hollow promise in La La ville and went after Brand, when that failed he took the next best sure thing and seriously overpaid Magette at least a couple million over what he could get anywhere else.
I would love to be wrong. I've been on the JS bandwagon before even last season. I would take that trade in a heartbeat. If Mullin can swing it. I'll be the first to kneel before his genius. It would prove he's come a long way since overpaying Adonal Foyle, Dunn & Murphy. ( Yeah, yeah, OK I do give him credit for the Indiana trade, though both sides were desperate! )
Losing Baron than getting Maggs, Turiaf AND JSmith and then protecting Azu from the clutches of the Southland would bring Mully's offseason performance from a flatfooted C grade ( albeit with some sympathy ) to a quick on the toes ( Magette ) and then a brilliant lurch from the shadows- ( Smith ) grade A.
War Years

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:17 am
In my honest opinion, this trade does sound good, but I don't think that we should do this.

Smith is a great player and is that strong in the paint presence that we need, but I think it may come at too high of a price. What i think we need are mainly are role players right now. If we get Smith, I'm pretty sure that our line up will break up due to lack of funds in a few years.

As of right now we have one star on the team, and that is of course, Monta Ellis. Within a few years though, once Mags and Jax are getting up in years and their contracts are up, I see Randolf and Beans coming into a more pivitol role. They will help become the extra high-end talent that Monta will need to lead this team.

If we added Smith to this mix, he would have to be another talent that we'd have to give room too. I'm not sure about his personality and ego, but when you are as talented as him, I'm sure that he will always want to get his.

We would need people in the future that can play more of supporting roles like Belli, Wright, and Azu. Also, if William's continues to develop, we could move Monta back to the 2, have Randolf at the 3, and then have Wright play a more supportive role at the 4 with his rebounds. We wouldn't need an offensive weapon, but more of a dormant player who we could call on if need be.

Also, this may sound very stupid, but I believe that Smith is too talented for us right now. I would like to see our team all develop together. What we have set up right now is looking good, with Jax and Mags setting examples for our up and coming squad. I see Smith more as his own player, someone who is already highly developed and does not need much guidance. I'm afraid that he may grow onto a different tangent than our players right now.

C'mon though, we already have major chemistry issues, so why would we get rid of two players that have grown with us for a few years already. Al is a different story though; when he leaves we'll get a whole lot of room to either bring in a few more vets in supporting roles or use the extra cap space to secure our current talent even more to make sure that they won't leave for "greener" pastures.

Our line-up is already great as it is, as long as everyone keeps developing at their current pace. If we keep our roster steady, especially after so many changes, we could actually give our team a chance to mesh. We have to stop getting rid of young guys just because they do not produce enough in the limited PT.

Plus, if you think about it, if Smith stays with ATL for one more year we might be able to get him for free next offseason.

But if we do pull it off, Mullin would have pulled off one of the greatest offseasons that I have ever seen.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:12 am
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4191 ... -something
Quote:
Today I was listening to some sports radio, and I heard a rumor that the Warriors are looking to trade for Atlanta's disgruntled big man, Josh Smith. The deal would have to be a sign-and-trade, and I honestly can't believe that Smith would want to stay in Atlanta. (and why not, it's a great city. I love it, but let me digress). The deal would go something like this, or so sources tell me (friends).

The Warriors would get trade Marco "jelly belly" Bellineli, Brandon "can't get playing time with Nelson" Wright, and Al Harrington in exchange for Josh Smith.

If I'm the warriors.....I DO THIS DEAL. IN A HEARTBEAT! no question. the west is getting a little less competitive on the surface with Phoenix changing its style, San Antonio doing who knows what, denver unloading, and the unknowing status of yao ming (until the olympics). At the same time, Portland will be miles better, Oklahoma city will be competitive but won't produce much as time progresses. The clippers are the clippers, and it's left to golden state. The warriors need to establish themselves as a team that isn't just a one and done. They are much better than that, and if they get Josh Smith, you almost have to pencil them in at a 7 seed. The point guard issue has probably been addressed, and Warrior fans look to Monta Ellis to succeed in the point guard experiment: part II, and once the point guard position is established, it's only a matter of time before everyone else starts to mesh. The guys they have are too good for them not to make the playoffs. Maggette is a solid 20 points a night guy, Josh Smith and Biedrins will rebound like h-e double hockey sticks and be a much better force against Boozer, Stephen Jackson is Stephen Jackson, he will make 3's in the 4th (if he takes plenty of practice shots in the shoot around at half), and the bench is able enough to come in if one of these guys gets into foul trouble. This team is already better than it was on April 28th, and getting Josh Smith can only speed up the process of getting back to the playoffs and letting warrior fans wear their yellow shirts that say "we believe" and on the back say "again" and see the oracle basically shaking once again. Josh Smith may not want to be in hot-lanta, but he would look damn good in the bay, and he would instantly fill the oracle's standing section, and lead this team back to a date on TNT's 40 games in 40 nights with another western conference foe.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Mr.KC wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/41917-wouldnt-this-be-something
Quote:
Today I was listening to some sports radio, and I heard a rumor that the Warriors are looking to trade for Atlanta's disgruntled big man, Josh Smith. The deal would have to be a sign-and-trade, and I honestly can't believe that Smith would want to stay in Atlanta. (and why not, it's a great city. I love it, but let me digress). The deal would go something like this, or so sources tell me (friends).

The Warriors would get trade Marco "jelly belly" Bellineli, Brandon "can't get playing time with Nelson" Wright, and Al Harrington in exchange for Josh Smith.

If I'm the warriors.....I DO THIS DEAL. IN A HEARTBEAT! no question. the west is getting a little less competitive on the surface with Phoenix changing its style, San Antonio doing who knows what, denver unloading, and the unknowing status of yao ming (until the olympics). At the same time, Portland will be miles better, Oklahoma city will be competitive but won't produce much as time progresses. The clippers are the clippers, and it's left to golden state. The warriors need to establish themselves as a team that isn't just a one and done. They are much better than that, and if they get Josh Smith, you almost have to pencil them in at a 7 seed. The point guard issue has probably been addressed, and Warrior fans look to Monta Ellis to succeed in the point guard experiment: part II, and once the point guard position is established, it's only a matter of time before everyone else starts to mesh. The guys they have are too good for them not to make the playoffs. Maggette is a solid 20 points a night guy, Josh Smith and Biedrins will rebound like h-e double hockey sticks and be a much better force against Boozer, Stephen Jackson is Stephen Jackson, he will make 3's in the 4th (if he takes plenty of practice shots in the shoot around at half), and the bench is able enough to come in if one of these guys gets into foul trouble. This team is already better than it was on April 28th, and getting Josh Smith can only speed up the process of getting back to the playoffs and letting warrior fans wear their yellow shirts that say "we believe" and on the back say "again" and see the oracle basically shaking once again. Josh Smith may not want to be in hot-lanta, but he would look damn good in the bay, and he would instantly fill the oracle's standing section, and lead this team back to a date on TNT's 40 games in 40 nights with another western conference foe.

bleacherreport has fans writing for them. they were actually on our board trying to recruit some of us to write an article for them.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:52 pm
Doing this rumoured trade would not make things harder financially for the team. Harrington is not as good and effective as JSmith, yet he will be making one or two million less than JSmith will this season. That shows how good of a move it would be if this trade happened. The team would have no player getting over 11 million a season, yet four players getting 10 or 11 million and SJackson getting something like 8 million. That's a good spread and the players are all talented and contribute well. Can't see another team that has that and players that young as well. There likely would be no need to make a trade, unless it is moving SJackson and/or Maggette, for many years as the core would be very young and great performers already

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 pm
There's also a rumor that Smith will be traded to Dallas...people are just making stuff up.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm
As much as I've been saying Al is a vagina (cause he kinda is), there's one BIG difference between last year and this year ppl don't point out. He doesn't have to be a Center back up any more! The guy is 6'9" and he's guarding 6'11" Centers! you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that if you are banging down low, using your body to bang out the shaq's and the Chandler's and the Howard's of the league, your going to get tired fairly quickly.

Thinking about it now, that was the silent killer in his O-Game, and also the reason why he was low in the rebounding category as well. Biedrins started 59 games last year, and he missed ~9 games completely. PO'B was a bust, Kosta Perovic had shoes made out of cement, so that means Al probably started all the games that AB missed. It also makes sense that he'd be asking to be traded since playing center isn't his natural position (I look at him more as a chunky 3 guard than a PF even).

So I'm giving him a second chance to get his numbers up. hopefully he does this season, and then if need be, we can trade him and his expiring contract for some team that't trying to shed money off their team.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:55 pm
warrior 4 life85 wrote:As much as I've been saying Al is a vagina (cause he kinda is), there's one BIG difference between last year and this year ppl don't point out. He doesn't have to be a Center back up any more! The guy is 6'9" and he's guarding 6'11" Centers! you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that if you are banging down low, using your body to bang out the shaq's and the Chandler's and the Howard's of the league, your going to get tired fairly quickly.

Thinking about it now, that was the silent killer in his O-Game, and also the reason why he was low in the rebounding category as well. Biedrins started 59 games last year, and he missed ~9 games completely. PO'B was a bust, Kosta Perovic had shoes made out of cement, so that means Al probably started all the games that AB missed. It also makes sense that he'd be asking to be traded since playing center isn't his natural position (I look at him more as a chunky 3 guard than a PF even).

True that. Never really looked at it that way before. Good observation. As for trading him, he's 50/50 to me. We could keep him, but we can trade him. He's expendable and will probably be bait on the trade deadline. I wouldn't mind keeping him though, mainly just cause he's a Ninja Turtle.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:44 pm
MC99 wrote:
warrior 4 life85 wrote:As much as I've been saying Al is a vagina (cause he kinda is), there's one BIG difference between last year and this year ppl don't point out. He doesn't have to be a Center back up any more! The guy is 6'9" and he's guarding 6'11" Centers! you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that if you are banging down low, using your body to bang out the shaq's and the Chandler's and the Howard's of the league, your going to get tired fairly quickly.

True that. Never really looked at it that way before. Good observation. As for trading him, he's 50/50 to me. We could keep him, but we can trade him. He's expendable and will probably be bait on the trade deadline. I wouldn't mind keeping him though, mainly just cause he's a Ninja Turtle.

lol
Al Harrington = Ninja Turtle (w/ a vag)
Andris Biedrins = Sonic the Hedgehog

I do think Al is the weakest part of our starting lineup. that's pretty obvious. However, if we trade him, it should be for someone of good quality. I don't want to trade for a "Darius Miles", maybe someone who's flashy cause he's got springs on his feet, but can't hit a mid-range jumper, has attitude problems and lacks the fundamentals.

Al's Pros:
-confident (note how I didn't say consistent) outside jumper
-few turnovers
-good attitude
-healthy
-can create his own shot occasionally
-not a ball hog
-he's a 10 year vet that's only 28
-good bulk (240lbs)
-runs the floor pretty well

Al's Cons:
-not tough enough for someone his size
-doesn't get to the foul line often enough
-virtually no assists
-basketball IQ could be higher
-not a reliable shooter
-poor strength
-poor rebounding
-few, if any, post moves unless its a mismatch (no hook shots, or pump fakes)
-disappears during big games
-mediocre ball handler
-and then there's the defense, or lack there of

I'll wait to judge him until this year when he's not a back up center.

let's not get to crazy on the current hot ticket. I haven't seen Josh smith hit too many outside jumpers, make legit post moves, or really show me any technical prowess. he may be a freak athlete, but I haven't seen much besides dunks and blocks from this guy (granted, I missed the Boston vs Atlanta playoff series). can this guy even shoot?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 pm
I just heard on some message board (from a Piston's fan) that Smith is going to the Pistons now. So I've just decided that every fan thinks Smith is going to their team and that's the end of it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:44 am
Josh Smith can shoot the three and has done it for two years now, that I can recall. His job hee, if he did come here, would be defense and inside scoring more than anything else but he can hit a three

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:42 pm
pretty sure i read he shot em at 40% last season
Previous

Return to Trades