would this trade work

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 am
Al harrington for felton. It solves our point guard problem. Al could be a forward a center or forward in charlotee it is an upgrade over Jared Dudley or Nazr Mohammed. would this work finachially or not. Am I just being an idiot.
I like pie
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 am
Not totally sure because I dont know exactly what Charlotte's cap figure it at right now but I believe they are under the cap.

The salary difference between the two is something like 5 million... we are under the cap and as long as Charlotte can absorb the extra 5 mill without exceeding the salary cap, then yes, technically it would work.

I am not that high on felton though and I think Al has more value than that.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:45 am
does he though? I mean to anyone else but us?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:13 am
Quazza wrote:does he though? I mean to anyone else but us?

Al has pretty good value around the rest of the league, considering his stats aren't padded by Nelson's running game, I think teams note that he is a good #2 scoring option on an Eastern Conference team, and an A quality role player for some West teams. He is a good percentage shooter, being the Warriors only true shooter... and he shot 77% from the line last year, showing improvement and also a veteran presence in the locker room. I think his value for the Warriors is actually a bit less than with most teams.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 pm
tallboy12321 wrote:

Al has pretty good value around the rest of the league, considering his stats aren't padded by Nelson's running game, I think teams note that he is a good #2 scoring option on an Eastern Conference team, and an A quality role player for some West teams. He is a good percentage shooter, being the Warriors only true shooter... and he shot 77% from the line last year, showing improvement and also a veteran presence in the locker room. I think his value for the Warriors is actually a bit less than with most teams.

And wasn't there a bidding war for him when he resigned with Indy?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:21 pm
sleandres wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:

And wasn't there a bidding war for him when he resigned with Indy?

Most def..
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~

Return to Trades