What Would You Do to Get Elton Brand?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:25 am
Okay... we all know that the Warriors need a good banger and we all know that Brand is probably on the block, so if you were Mullin and you wanted Elton Brand what would you do?

I'd say do the necessary signing for Biedrins then package him with Harrington for Brand. Brand would replace Biedrins as our starting center and Wright would replace Harrington as our starting power forward. Add some good random bench players through free agency and we're all good.

PG - Baron
SG - Monta
SF - Jacks
PF - Wright
C - Brand

I don't know about all of you, but that's a hell of a starting line-up if you ask me. If everyone stays healthy that's possibly a championship line-up. Plus I'm pretty sure the Clips would go for this trade as well. I would love for this to happen.

Does this sound good and if not, what would you do?
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:34 am
As soon as we started thinking about Brand, my trade has always been =

Harrington
Brandan
A Sign and Trade Pietrus (with enough money to make up the difference, prob about 3-4 mil)
Our 1st pick...........maybe a future pick too.

Thats mine and Im sticking to it. :wink:

Yours is probably slightly more realistic than mine Josh..............but I just want to see what Beans can do with a real banging big man as his partner...........he certainly deserves to have real help, as hes held it down totally by himself the last couple of years.

Plus, we know what we got with Beans, 10/10/1.5, and that would definately increase with a big time big man partner.............as much as I love Brandan, we still dont know what we got.

I want Brand more than anyone!!!l.............although I did see a ESPN thing saying that the Clips had said he is definately not on the block............but hey, anything can happen.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:47 am
Heres the thing I saw =

Brand in the house
June 8th, 2008, 8:27 pm · Post a Comment · posted by ART THOMPSON III, OCREGISTER.COM

Spotted on floor level, in a prime seat, was Clippers forward Elton Brand, who was sitting next to his agent, David Falk.

Brand said that he had been in New York and flew down to Boston early Sunday, to attend the game. He expects to be back in Los Angeles on Wednesday and back in the gym working out on Thursday.

Asked if there was any change in his declaration to wait on his decision to opt out of the final year of his contract, Brand said, “There’s no change. But check with me when I get back to L.A.

Brand, as has been reported on a number of occasions, can opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and become an unrestricted free agent. He is due to be paid $16,440,000 next season.

As for the game, Falk shook his head affirmatively, when asked if he was surprised by the Celtics’ manhandling of the Lakers.

“The Celtics’ reserves are crusing the Lakers’ reserves,” Falk said.

http://clippers.freedomblogging.com/200 ... the-house/

By the way Josh, my girl freakin loves your "Worst Sh*t" website............she checks it all the time, and almost always pisses herself laughing.............she wanted me to tell you thats its great! :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:00 am
bigstrads wrote:By the way Josh, my girl freakin loves your "Worst Sh*t" website............she checks it all the time, and almost always pisses herself laughing.............she wanted me to tell you thats its great! :wink:

That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know... Tell her that we appreciate her continued support. New reviews will be coming soon. :)
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 am
bigstrads wrote:As soon as we started thinking about Brand, my trade has always been =

Harrington
Brandan
A Sign and Trade Pietrus (with enough money to make up the difference, prob about 3-4 mil)

Yours is probably slightly more realistic than mine Josh..............but I just want to see what Beans can do with a real banging big man as his partner...........he certainly deserves to have real help, as hes held it down totally by himself the last couple of years.

Plus, we know what we got with Beans, 10/10/1.5, and that would definately increase with a big time big man partner.............as much as I love Brandan, we still dont know what we got.

I want Brand more than anyone!!!l.............although I did see a ESPN thing saying that the Clips had said he is definately not on the block............but hey, anything can happen.

id do that trade in a heartbeat.

a core of:

baron
monta
jax
brand
biedrins

is almost championship level.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:04 pm
d1mex wrote:
bigstrads wrote:As soon as we started thinking about Brand, my trade has always been =

Harrington
Brandan

id do that trade in a heartbeat.

a core of:

baron
monta
jax
brand
biedrins

is almost championship level.

Yup............thats why I like it too funnily enough! :wink:

I do think its possible, as they get a project big man, Harrington would be useful in there offense and would return to his old play with them, and with Maggette saying hes opting out (which is confirmed) they will need a swingman like Pietrus............plus a pick too!

Come Clips!!!..........who are you to resist huh!!!??? :mrgreen:

Josh Jamison wrote:
bigstrads wrote:By the way Josh, my girl freakin loves your "Worst Sh*t" website............she checks it all the time, and almost always pisses herself laughing.............she wanted me to tell you thats its great! :wink:

That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know... Tell her that we appreciate her continued support. New reviews will be coming soon. :)

No worries man, I love it too of course.............just told her what you replied and she had a big grin on her face, and asked if we can contribute to a new "English" section of the site.........???...........spread the hate worldwide huh? :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 pm
I will admit I only saw Brand once last year when I went to the Clips/Dubs game at the end of the year, but despite his 21pts/14 reb game, I thought he looked awful.

Granted it was only his 6th game back but he looked slow and has absolutely NO lift. He could not get his shot off very easy. Only clean looks he got were mid range jumpshots and one or two because he had a smaller guy on him of a switch and just used his size.

I have always been a HUGE Brand fan but wanted to get some opinions of guys that saw him more last year to see if it was just a bad game for him or what. He almost did not even move on the defensive side of the ball.

If he is close to the player he was before the injury I would welcome him here.
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:32 pm
Brand didn't play much this season and his value might drop a little bit...

my offer..

14th pick
AL
Azu
Pietrus

Brandon need to stay, he is really good guy since he has same hobby like me....FISHING :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 am
Of course I'm all for not getting rid of Beans for Brand either, but I don't know if the Clips will go for any less. I'll take Bigs or GSW's deal for sure before mine any day!
bigstrads wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:

No worries man, I love it too of course.............just told her what you replied and she had a big grin on her face, and asked if we can contribute to a new "English" section of the site.........???...........spread the hate worldwide huh? :wink:

Much luv bigs... If either of you want you can write a review(s) about a place over there in England and submit it to us. I'll get all of us at WSE to look over it and if we like it, we'll post it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:58 pm
damn... i was thought about this long and hard, but after looking at that hoops hype sight that bigs linked, i realized that we aint got no pieces!? who/what can we give up to get him? our choices are Monta, Baron, Biedrins, Stephen, Harrington, Marco, Wright, and 2 of our picks.

if i had to choose, i'd give up Harrington........................1st pick................................and i dont know what else..........
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Trades