Camby?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:23 pm
Realgm reported that Camby will be on the trading block. Its unlikely that they would trade him to us but i could see them moving him for a harrington jackson package with our pick or for a jackson pietrus resigned kinda thing. THis would clearly make us a much better team.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:33 pm
And why are we so eager to get rid or Jackson?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:50 pm
Why would we trade for two players, have them significantly improve our team, and then a year and a half later trade them both away? That is severely counterproductive.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:14 pm
Yea it is a lot to give up, but u cant deny that it makes us a much better team. Im not the only one who feels that jackson will not play on the same level next year, and theres no way we could get camby without giving up something. We could also offer them a resigned beans but I would rather trade jackson.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:26 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Yea it is a lot to give up, but u cant deny that it makes us a much better team. Im not the only one who feels that jackson will not play on the same level next year, and theres no way we could get camby without giving up something. We could also offer them a resigned beans but I would rather trade jackson.

I don't think it would make us a much better team, I think it would fill one of our needs while creating another one. On a team with limited depth trading two contributing players away for one is silly. If you have a deep team and can afford to give up some players then great, but we don't have a deep team. It's like how everyone was talking in the off season last year about giving away all kinds of players to get KG, it makes no sense.

And while it is possible that Jack won't play up to this year's level, he is still a significant piece of this team and losing him creates a pretty big void.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:28 pm
We can get role players from free agency with the midlevel and hopefully wright will be contributing next year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:49 am
And why exactly would a team with a defense almost as bad as ours trade their only good defensive player?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:15 am
Camby is pretty old and only has some two or threes years left in his career. Better trades involving Harrington are possible

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:21 am
TMC wrote:And why exactly would a team with a defense almost as bad as ours trade their only good defensive player?

I was wondering this too which is why I think the trade won't happen but I was just responding to the rumor that he would be traded. Jackson can provide some perimeter d for them tho. I dont think the age thing is an issue because when hes too old to start hopefully wright will be ready to start.

Return to Trades