just an idea....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:54 am
well we need to get brand some how i think they would take harrington,beans in a package type deal would work and i feel getting
brand will make us a contender for sure i still think letting go of harrington
and beans will be a benefit for the future i like beans but he isnt an all star
we need allstars on our starting line up to be contenders its possible trading harrington to the clips only if we throw beans in the mix i feel its worth it then as far as the 14th pick goes westbrook will be the backup
to baron he so needs warriors get the big man and the back up to baron and most important wright and belli will actually be apart of the rotation every day i tell you this much the dubs 3pt percentage
is gonna go up with belli in the mix like i said before belli is the next ginobli i see that in him and wright is a monster with his arm pit dunks lol.

davis
ellis
jackson
wright
brand
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:57 am
GSW United wrote:Dump O'bryant
Dump Baron
Dump Ellis
Dump S-jax
Dump Beans
Dump nellie
Dump Al
Dump Wright

And we go fishing everyday oke..... :mrgreen:

The last thing is 'U DUMB'.....

I would like to add some new players for the team such as Brand,Chris wilcox and use AL + Pietrus as bait or AL+draft picks for Brand...

baron
Ellis
Beans
S-jax
Brand

that's the real solid teams and B.Wright step up the game along with the Italian Pizzanelli.....
But, i really worry about Ellis and Beans....how much we have to spend for them.....at least $ 15 mil for both of them....

u calling me dumb??? wassup with that?
Last edited by mista240sx on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:01 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:If only Cuban owned us huh? :wink: ..........then wed be able to go 30-40 mil over the cap like the Mavs. :mrgreen:

On Cuban............although he is a complete douche bag, imagine if he was our owner?............I think some may feel different about him. :wink:

I'd rather have Paul Allen. At least he doesn't get in the daily routine of the team like Cuban does. That's why nobody can't stand him.

Paul Allen is an OUTSTANDING owner. Rich beyond belief, is willing to spend any amount of money the people he hires say they need! He hires good football people and stays out of their way but will cut any check they need.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:03 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:If only Cuban owned us huh? :wink: ..........then wed be able to go 30-40 mil over the cap like the Mavs. :mrgreen:

On Cuban............although he is a complete douche bag, imagine if he was our owner?............I think some may feel different about him. :wink:

I'd rather have Paul Allen. At least he doesn't get in the daily routine of the team like Cuban does. That's why nobody can't stand him.

Paul Allen is an OUTSTANDING owner. Rich beyond belief, is willing to spend any amount of money the people he hires say they need! He hires good football people and stays out of their way but will cut any check they need.

Yeah, he learned his lessons with "trader Bob"... :wink:

No, really, everything I've read about him is that he's always around and involved with his teams (Seahawks and Blazers), but never gets in the way of their personnel. Exactly what a model owner should do.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, he learned his lessons with "trader Bob"... :wink:

No, really, everything I've read about him is that he's always around and involved with his teams (Seahawks and Blazers), but never gets in the way of their personnel. Exactly what a model owner should do.

Ahh........now I know him!!!........hes the microsoft guy right? (or maybe some other major corporation?)

Yeah, saw a thing on what he spends his money on once (it was an E channel thing my girl forced me to watch. :wink: ) and yeah, he seems like he will do whatever it takes to get his teams to win.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:21 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ahh........now I know him!!!........hes the microsoft guy right?

Yep, that one. Well, the one that co-founded it with Gates.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:24 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ahh........now I know him!!!........hes the microsoft guy right?

Yep, that one. Well, the one that co-founded it with Gates.

Yup, in this list thing I watched.........it was talking about his mega yachts and all that sh*te...........the list was all royalty, middle eastern and european..........and then Bill and Paul! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:29 pm
mista240sx wrote:well we need to get brand some how i think they would take harrington,beans in a package type deal would work and i feel getting Brand will make us a contender for sure.

I really doubt we can pry Brand from them without giving up Baron.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:48 pm
how would we pay for monta, baron, brand, jamison and jackson as our starting lineup? let alone have a bench decent enough to help us out plus that lineup. unless you think that starting lineup would make us Boston-esque in a sense that we wouldnt need our bench so much. that starting 5 alone is probably gonna cost around 50-60 million alone. this year we spent just over 66 million and we were over cap
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:05 pm
EMan32 wrote:how would we pay for monta, baron, brand, jamison and jackson as our starting lineup? let alone have a bench decent enough to help us out plus that lineup. unless you think that starting lineup would make us Boston-esque in a sense that we wouldnt need our bench so much. that starting 5 alone is probably gonna cost around 50-60 million alone. this year we spent just over 66 million and we were over cap

Duh EMan...get 6' white guys like me to play off the bech for $15 per/hr :mrgreen: :roll:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:57 pm
sleandres wrote:
EMan32 wrote:how would we pay for monta, baron, brand, jamison and jackson as our starting lineup? let alone have a bench decent enough to help us out plus that lineup. unless you think that starting lineup would make us Boston-esque in a sense that we wouldnt need our bench so much. that starting 5 alone is probably gonna cost around 50-60 million alone. this year we spent just over 66 million and we were over cap

Duh EMan...get 6' white guys like me to play off the bech for $15 per/hr :mrgreen: :roll:

haha..id do it...but they probably wouldnt play a filipino. then again i could bring in some big money :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 pm
In discussing these possiblities, this might be useful:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
Yes, it is going to be a loo-oong off season. Boy we are experiencing post season displacement or what? Speculating so soon after the season on trades? Hey I'm there.
The way I understand, for next year, we're a little under 8 million under the salary cap, and I could see Monta- Beans being around 18 million. So in order to resign them, we have to dump Harrington's contract. ( about 10 million).
I've heard conflicting things about the 10 million dollar exclusion that we got when we traded JR. One is that we let that pass and more recently I've heard that we still have it. That 10 million could be used toward Brand, but he's going to take a least 16 this year. Yes, we could refuse to sign Beans and have enough to sign Brand and hope to pick up a center in the draft, though we probably won't get anybody who can be very effective next year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to keep Monta, Beans and sign Brand. We have only one hope, that for the first time in Warrior history, Cohan goes over the salary cap and pays the luxury tax. The season ticket holders would have to absorb a healthy hike in prices to do that. Even in that case, we won't have a lot for a bench.
I guess it's easy for us to say, why does't our guy put out? But some of that's due to poor decisions in the past as you will notice that the Pistons, Hornets and Jazz paid less than us.
If Cohan could only be persuaded that though our competition is getting better, we have a real shot to get that last real piece in the puzzle if we can just for once this time dip into the kitty.
War Years
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:54 pm
War Years wrote:In discussing these possiblities, this might be useful:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
Yes, it is going to be a loo-oong off season. Boy we are experiencing post season displacement or what? Speculating so soon after the season on trades? Hey I'm there.
The way I understand, for next year, we're a little under 8 million under the salary cap, and I could see Monta- Beans being around 18 million. So in order to resign them, we have to dump Harrington's contract. ( about 10 million).
I've heard conflicting things about the 10 million dollar exclusion that we got when we traded JR. One is that we let that pass and more recently I've heard that we still have it. That 10 million could be used toward Brand, but he's going to take a least 16 this year. Yes, we could refuse to sign Beans and have enough to sign Brand and hope to pick up a center in the draft, though we probably won't get anybody who can be very effective next year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to keep Monta, Beans and sign Brand. We have only one hope, that for the first time in Warrior history, Cohan goes over the salary cap and pays the luxury tax. The season ticket holders would have to absorb a healthy hike in prices to do that. Even in that case, we won't have a lot for a bench.
I guess it's easy for us to say, why does't our guy put out? But some of that's due to poor decisions in the past as you will notice that the Pistons, Hornets and Jazz paid less than us.
If Cohan could only be persuaded that though our competition is getting better, we have a real shot to get that last real piece in the puzzle if we can just for once this time dip into the kitty.

Hey man........just to clarify a couple of things in there.

1 - We wont have to dump Al's contract to resign both Monta and Beans, as signing them to what you said (around 18 mil total sounds about right, maybe 20 tops).........the reason, because the Salary Cap is 55.6 mil and the Luxury Tax threshold is 67.8 mil this year (ie: 67 mil and above is when you start paying the tax, not just for being over the cap)..........so we have room to resign both, without dumping anymore contracts, and not pay the Luxury Tax.

2 - The 10 mil Trade Exception we got in the J-Rich trade.........did expire, that was the whole point of the trade, to get rid of 10 mil to re-sign both Beans and Monta.

The only way we are going to get Brand is by matching his salary in a trade = Baron would do it, or a combo of Harrington/Sign and Trade Pietrus and other fillers.

Other than that..........its hoping we get something usuable in the draft, or can get someone on the cheap (for a Veterans Minimum or whatever) who can fill a whole.

If you want to check out the Salary Cap and all its various ruling and junk, this is the best place to go =

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:58 pm
bigstrads wrote:2 - The 10 mil Trade Exception we got in the J-Rich trade.........did expire

Not yet. It lasts for a full year, so we can still use it in trades til draft day.

A different thing to consider is IF we're gonna do it or not (and I guess we won't, so we can save that money for extensions to Monta and Beans).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:03 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:2 - The 10 mil Trade Exception we got in the J-Rich trade.........did expire

Not yet. It lasts for a full year, so we can still use it in trades til draft day.

A different thing to consider is IF we're gonna do it or not (and I guess we won't, so we can save that money for extensions to Monta and Beans).

Ohh............sh*t.......... :oops: .............I swear I remember talk of it expiring around the last deadline?..............ohh well, it makes sense that it last for a year from the trade date.

But again, I dont think we are going to use it (unless an un-missable deal comes along...........Brand for a re-signed Pietrus and the exception!!?? Id take that. :wink: ).............it would completely negate the point of J-Rich going for nothing (right now anyway, and maybe the room to give Monta the reigns)
PreviousNext

Return to Trades