just an idea....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:31 pm
ok everybody is talking about trading bd for this guy and that guy but i thought of it and i was thinking why dont we keep the guy that started the dubs succes and dump some big contracts do for next year and use that money for some guys that can score and DEFEND and make our team BIGGER and STRONGER that can still run the floor.

#1 dump harringtons overpaid contract
#2 dump beans contract extention and use that towards a
#3 dump pietrus contract
#4 dump o'bryant contract
#5 dump barnes contract

use all that money to sign brand and jamison and a couple of solid roll type players and draft westbrook or batum

baron davis
monta ellis
stephen jackson
antawn jamison
elton brand


belinelli
wright
azubuiki
croshere
perovic
watson
westbrook/batum
free agent
free agent

thats all we need is brand and jamison to round off the dubs championship caliber starting lineup.
Last edited by mista240sx on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm
gonna be a looooooooooooooooong offseason!

:banghead:
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:50 pm
How exactly do we "dump" those contracts? Do we just go to Mullin's excel sheet and delete the player? Do we just stop paying them until they get the hint like we're Initech?

Do you know how contracts and the salary cap work? You don't just dump contracts - they're guarenteed money.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:05 pm
Thunder wrote:How exactly do we "dump" those contracts? Do we just go to Mullin's excel sheet and delete the player? Do we just stop paying them until they get the hint like we're Initech?

Do you know how contracts and the salary cap work? You don't just dump contracts - they're guarenteed money.


i do know that pietrus/barnes/o'bryant are on their last year and are not worthy of giving them other contracts especially when they are not gonna play for the minimum thats for sure lets spend that money on some solid
role players that actually that can contribute without any distraction like pietrus and barnes obryant wasnt a distraction he just diddnt fit in our system and as far as beans and harrington goes those guys are good players dont get me wrong its just harrington is the second highest player
on this roster that i think is overpaid i think we can use that money towards a better player same goes with beans extension i think
the dubs can get a better player for that money that beans is gonna get.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:14 pm
I'm going to take that as a "no" then.

Look, I agree that resigning Barnes and Pietrus would be moving sideways, if not backwards. POB I doubt we'll even get a chance to resign since we took a crap all over the first two years of his career with constant trips to Bakersfield.

The point I was trying to get at is that you don't just "get rid" of a Harrington contract. You need to find a team that is willing to trade for him and then receive an expiring contract in return. You can cut him, but you still have to pay out his contract so there's no real point. Read up on how this stuff works.

It's almost worth a mod to sticky a post in this forum explaining the basic principles of the NBA salary cap and how contracts work.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:37 pm
that is exactly right Thunder. We just cant DUMP his contract. We would need a trade partner and unless the team we are trading with can fit his contract and stay completely under the cap, then we would need to receive equal (within 25% I believe) salary back kind of defeating the purpose unless we get back a player we value in return.

We just cant "rid" ourself of that salary.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:47 pm
Thunder wrote:I'm going to take that as a "no" then.

Look, I agree that resigning Barnes and Pietrus would be moving sideways, if not backwards. POB I doubt we'll even get a chance to resign since we took a crap all over the first two years of his career with constant trips to Bakersfield.

The point I was trying to get at is that you don't just "get rid" of a Harrington contract. You need to find a team that is willing to trade for him and then receive an expiring contract in return. You can cut him, but you still have to pay out his contract so there's no real point. Read up on how this stuff works.

It's almost worth a mod to sticky a post in this forum explaining the basic principles of the NBA salary cap and how contracts work.


in the upper right hand corner OF THIS PAGE
warriors/b-ball links
you will be given an option to link to.....LARRY COON.S CAP FAQ
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:36 pm
JOEL wrote:
Thunder wrote:I'm going to take that as a "no" then.

Look, I agree that resigning Barnes and Pietrus would be moving sideways, if not backwards. POB I doubt we'll even get a chance to resign since we took a crap all over the first two years of his career with constant trips to Bakersfield.

The point I was trying to get at is that you don't just "get rid" of a Harrington contract. You need to find a team that is willing to trade for him and then receive an expiring contract in return. You can cut him, but you still have to pay out his contract so there's no real point. Read up on how this stuff works.

It's almost worth a mod to sticky a post in this forum explaining the basic principles of the NBA salary cap and how contracts work.


in the upper right hand corner OF THIS PAGE
warriors/b-ball links
you will be given an option to link to.....LARRY COON.S CAP FAQ


Awesome - I've never noticed that. That'll do . . . maybe bigger for that link though.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:44 pm
Man.........I miss the no-trading/posibility of part of the season all ready............all the illogical, not possible for many reason crazy trades are going to start appearing again now. :banghead:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:44 pm
Dump O'bryant
Dump Baron
Dump Ellis
Dump S-jax
Dump Beans
Dump nellie
Dump Al
Dump Wright

And we go fishing everyday oke..... :mrgreen:

The last thing is 'U DUMB'.....


I would like to add some new players for the team such as Brand,Chris wilcox and use AL + Pietrus as bait or AL+draft picks for Brand...

baron
Ellis
Beans
S-jax
Brand

that's the real solid teams and B.Wright step up the game along with the Italian Pizzanelli.....
But, i really worry about Ellis and Beans....how much we have to spend for them.....at least $ 15 mil for both of them....
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:49 pm
GSW United wrote:But, i really worry about Ellis and Beans....how much we have to spend for them.....at least $ 15 mil for both of them....




Be more than that William.The way Monta played this season, he can get 10 million a year from some team and Biedrins is a Center and a good one at that that finished the season very strong, look for him to get 8 million minimum, 10 million most likely.

It won't be easy keeping this team together and maybe trading Harrington for an expirer that has a slightly less salary is the best thing
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:48 am
bada wrote:that is exactly right Thunder. We just cant DUMP his contract. We would need a trade partner and unless the team we are trading with can fit his contract and stay completely under the cap, then we would need to receive equal (within 25% I believe) salary back kind of defeating the purpose unless we get back a player we value in return.

We just cant "rid" ourself of that salary.


Or a team with a big enough trade exception willing to use it on him... not likely, tho.



Also, Cohan wouldn't pay all that money to Ellis, Baron, Brand, Jackson and Jamison. That's a contender right there, but also a team $30 million over the luxury tax. No way it happens.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:54 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:that is exactly right Thunder. We just cant DUMP his contract. We would need a trade partner and unless the team we are trading with can fit his contract and stay completely under the cap, then we would need to receive equal (within 25% I believe) salary back kind of defeating the purpose unless we get back a player we value in return.

We just cant "rid" ourself of that salary.


Or a team with a big enough trade exception willing to use it on him... not likely, tho.



Also, Cohan wouldn't pay all that money to Ellis, Baron, Brand, Jackson and Jamison. That's a contender right there, but also a team $30 million over the luxury tax. No way it happens.


If only Cuban owned us huh? :wink: ..........then wed be able to go 30-40 mil over the cap like the Mavs. :mrgreen:

On Cuban............although he is a complete douche bag, imagine if he was our owner?............I think some may feel different about him. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:58 am
bigstrads wrote:If only Cuban owned us huh? :wink: ..........then wed be able to go 30-40 mil over the cap like the Mavs. :mrgreen:

On Cuban............although he is a complete douche bag, imagine if he was our owner?............I think some may feel different about him. :wink:


I'd rather have Paul Allen. At least he doesn't get in the daily routine of the team like Cuban does. That's why nobody can't stand him.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:00 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:If only Cuban owned us huh? :wink: ..........then wed be able to go 30-40 mil over the cap like the Mavs. :mrgreen:

On Cuban............although he is a complete douche bag, imagine if he was our owner?............I think some may feel different about him. :wink:


I'd rather have Paul Allen. At least he doesn't get in the daily routine of the team like Cuban does. That's why nobody can't stand him.


Yeah.........must be annoying as hell.
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest