I think Elton would like to be a Warrior-Check this Vid!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 pm
I didn't know Baron and him have known each other since the ninth grade. He's about the only player that was speculated about at the trade deadline that I think would make the Warriors the same caliber team as the Lakers, and Spurs. Sorry if others have posted this in the past. This is the first I've seen of it. [url]

http://www.livevideo.com/video/eltonbra ... aron-.aspx[/url]
War Years
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:43 pm
Hmmmmm............"we got options coming up".................interesting.

Definately would love to see Elton here but what would it take? he aint gonna accept an MLE and we are not gonna have cap space unless we dont re-sign Baron, Monta or Beans...............which wont happen.

Also, I always find it so weird when someone interviews someone else............and doesnt look at them once??? these two obviously like each other but if you didnt see/hear those comments about there friendship, then youd think they hated or were bored of each other.
Last edited by bigstrads on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:41 pm
He does that with all his interviews. Even when he was interviewing his business partner. I would say he's not completely comfortable as an interviewer. Obviously if he was interested in someday joining the Warriors he would have hide it. Maybe that distancing you pick up is because he wants to avoid a conflict of interest.
You probably know better than me the salary situation. I once asked , I think Migya, ( forgive me if it wasn't you ) about whether the Warriors would be able to keep Baron, sign Monta and Andris and afford, either it was Shawn Mmarion or Josh Smith. He said the Warriors could if Cohan decided he wanted to spend the money.
War Years
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:06 pm
War Years wrote:He does that with all his interviews. Even when he was interviewing his business partner. I would say he's not completely comfortable as an interviewer. Obviously if he was interested in someday joining the Warriors he would have hide it. Maybe that distancing you pick up is because he wants to avoid a conflict of interest.
You probably know better than me the salary situation. I once asked , I think Migya, ( forgive me if it wasn't you ) about whether the Warriors would be able to keep Baron, sign Monta and Andris and afford, either it was Shawn Mmarion or Josh Smith. He said the Warriors could if Cohan decided he wanted to spend the money.

About Brand and his technique, your probably right, I didnt watch any others so if hes like that then thats that...............I also meant generally with any interviewer, just bugs me.

Regarding getting Brand, then yeah, its certainly possible to have Baron, Monta, Beans and Brand if Cohan wants to have that high a salary total and pay the luxury tax for being so far over the cap.

However, the problem remains that what piece other than Baron/Monta/Beans would the Clips being willing to accept for Brand..........unless it is lierally a clear out of everyone else on the team, which would obviously not be a good thing, then one of those key guys would have to be involved..........unless we decide to not resign Baron and create enough cap space to sign Brand...........but I dont see that happening.

For me, having not thought about it before, the only real possible/feasable deal not involving any of those 3 would be =

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4541706

Al, S-Jax and Brandan for Brand and Tim Thomas.............that way, the salaries work, the Clips get a prospect big man which they would un-doutedly demand, we lose our SF and PF but replace with Brand and Thomas..........not a great trade but the only way I could see it working without Baron, Monta or Beans.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:34 pm
Well, we would not really have trade ANYTHING. Brand has a player option year next year. He could chose not to exercise the option and be a free agent. Of course walking away from 16million after a major injury is probably not likely.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:38 pm
badabing8888 wrote:Well, we would not really have trade ANYTHING. Brand has a player option year next year. He could chose not to exercise the option and be a free agent. Of course walking away from 16million after a major injury is probably not likely.

But that was the other part of the discussion, we wouldnt have the cap space to take him unless we didnt resign Baron, Monta or Beans............or let half the team go to make room.

War Years question was keeping Baron, Monta and Beans to get Brand in with them.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:57 pm
Elton Brand would not be a good fit for the W's! Just like how Ike had a hard time adjusting to this style! They have very similiar games so why would you want someone who is 6'8 250lbs as your PF? Do you really think that the W's would slow it down and throw passes down to Brand? Watching Brand game isn't all that exciting either! I really don't think that he'll be able to slow down the Bynums, Gasol or the other bigs in the West...Without Kaman I don't think his team would be as good either...

Stick with the cheap rookie and stop wishing for Brand!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:04 am
if we got elton brand, we would totally change up our style. we would still be a winning team, though. i love his style of play, but like bigs mentioned we wouldnt be able to get him and keep baron, monta, and biedrins. we got a good young core with monta, biedrins, and wright. i say we get young players to build around them.

i could see (for our future) monta sliding into baron's role and biedrins and wright becoming a robinson-duncan-esque tandem(notice the "esque" as i do not believe they will be as great as them). with that trio, the future looks extremely promising. imagine if we could somehow get eric gordon or beasly in this draft haha.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:47 am
Hey dont get too far thinking Robinson and Duncan! Those were two Hall of Fame players these players ain't even All-NBA third team players!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:03 am
J-Rich wrote:Hey dont get too far thinking Robinson and Duncan! Those were two Hall of Fame players these players ain't even All-NBA third team players!

please re-read:

biedrins and wright becoming a robinson-duncan-esque tandem(notice the "esque" as i do not believe they will be as great as them).

also notice that i did not edit that post :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:33 am
As much as I like Brand... I wouldn't trade for him. The key to be a contender would be to add him without losing players. If not, we're gonna have to adapt to him on the lineup AND also add a couple more players to replace the departures.

As we won't be able to sign him as a free agent (Miami plans to add him as Wade's sidekick with the money they'll have available once Marion leaves), I think this is all moot talk.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:10 am
Two things about Brand -
1. What will he be like when he is back from the injury? Will he be like he was before.

2. How much money would he want to go to the Warriors and be part of a championship contender?

I like him and think he has been among the top 4 or 5 PFs since he arrived in the nba but wouldn't go for him unless he is just like he was before AND BWright doesn't pan out. BWright is showing he is really a prospect and future starting PF for the team.

Still looking at giving Harrington, Pietrus and Azu AT BEST. None of the core players go but with a resigned Pietrus at enough money to make the deal work, as well as resigning Azu to enough money as well. The Clips would have to be sold on Pietrus and Azu being good starters, as well as Harrington.

Forget about Brand, no real need for him

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:27 pm
Others have asked just why Brand is dead set on playing in the last month. The Clippers are out of contention and there is a danger of re-aggravating his Achilles Heal.Could it be he is expecting a full recovery and is shopping himself around in the last month to prove it?
He hopes to play by mid month. The Warriors play the Clippers on the 19th, is that a coincidence? Even if he doesn't play much on the 19th, he will play the Warriors again , I believe the next to last game of the season. Mullin can get a good look at him then.
The recovery from the AH surgery has always been a crap shoot.Yes of course, that is the critical judgement. It is very important to assess his recovery before plunking out $ for him.
I disagree with the popular assumption that the addition of Brand or any good player like him would "slow down" the Warriors so as to take away their edge. The only good #4 that I can think of that wouldn't slow the Warriors down somewhat is Amare and obviously there's not a chance in hell of getting him.Contrary to opinion, the Warriors don't need 5 small lightning quick guys to play a distinctive style of ball. And they certainly will never take it all with that approach.Obviously Nellie has nothing against big ment or he wouldn't have lobbied for Webber the way he did.Not that I wanted Webber but I do think he is improving. The Warriors need to develop their half court game, and Brand would be a great addition for that.
Yes we do have the nucleus of a good future team.Monta offensive game has improved by leaps and bounds literally. Andris is improving slow but sure. I don't think he'll ever be an All Star but I think he will be a solid NBA center though he will always have a problem with those big guys who bang it under the boards.Everyone is encouraged by Brandon's progress. Most of us were hoping he'd get that opportunity.But he is a few years off. I've never known Nellie to be that patient. Even if they got Brand, there would still be minutes for Brandon at SF, PF and center in a small lineup. I think Nellie would probably play him there if he proved he should have more minutes despite the fact that he has stated that he doesn't like Brandon as a center.With a little more experience he can do better than Harrington.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:30 pm
I agree with Eman, we should build around our young plaers. Although there is a scenario in which I could see Golden State getting Brand (albeit an unlikley one)...if Brand looks less than stellar after his option year (08-09) the Warriors could have an opportunity to sign him at some sort of discount.

Of course we could not technically afford Baron, Beans, Monta & Brand...so who doesn't get signed?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:26 pm
Elton Brand is a solid player
He's 28 years old and avgs 20 ppg 9 rebs and 2 blks for his career
He's coming off a serious injury but from what Ive heard he's expected to bounce back from his injury and be able to perform at a High level once again

Im just so damn impressed by B.Wright that I don't think we need another P.F on our roster... let alone a p.f that will cost us $15,344,000 a year

We need to keep looking to the future and build around Monta, Andris and Wright...

Return to Trades