We should have made this deal!!!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:10 pm
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... o_houston/

All it took was Kirk Snyder and a second round pick. We could have gave up pietrus or POB and got him.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm
Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............this give Houston back the edge after losing Bonzi and Mike James.

Why the f**k havnt we made a move!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:51 pm
bigstrads wrote:Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............

Why do you say that?. Gerald Green has a lot of believers, it seems, but what has he done so far in his career?. Absolutely nothing. He hasn't been able to crack Minny's rotation, for crying out loud...

We'll see... but if he wasn't able to play for Minny, I can't see how's he gonna get minutes in Houston.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:34 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............

Why do you say that?. Gerald Green has a lot of believers, it seems, but what has he done so far in his career?. Absolutely nothing. He hasn't been able to crack Minny's rotation, for crying out loud...

We'll see... but if he wasn't able to play for Minny, I can't see how's he gonna get minutes in Houston.

True...he never played in Minnesota. If you can't get a chance to prove your worth there, where can you? Seattle?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm
I dont understan the Green thing. He is an athlete, not a basketball player. As tough as this is to admit, I would MUCH rather have MP than Green
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:11 pm
sleandres wrote:
TMC wrote:

True...he never played in Minnesota. If you can't get a chance to prove your worth there, where can you? Seattle?

Actually, your all right.............I think I was confusing Green with someone else for reason...........its been a long day waiting to watch last nights game! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:50 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/51019/20080221/report_gerald_green_traded_to_houston/

All it took was Kirk Snyder and a second round pick. We could have gave up pietrus or POB and got him.

All Green has proven me is that he can dunk. Sure, he can score. But not consistently... even given the minutes.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:31 am
Gerald Green reminds me of Jason Richardson, before he developed any kind of jumper. If he can work his outside shot into a steady rhythm, he'll be a player.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:16 am
Gerald Green, to me, seems like one of the poster children for the "...maybe I should have gone to college, at least for a year or two" movement
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:41 am
sleandres wrote:Gerald Green, to me, seems like one of the poster children for the "...maybe I should have gone to college, at least for a year or two" movement

Funny, to me, he seems like one of those poster children for the "...maybe I should have gone to college and never leave" move. :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 pm
Gerald Green is just a ball hog. Good shooter but way to me, me, me, I'm glad we didn't make that trade.
Winners Never Cheat, And Cheaters Never Win
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:03 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:
TMC wrote:

Actually, your all right.............I think I was confusing Green with someone else for reason...........its been a long day waiting to watch last nights game! :mrgreen:

I just realised that I was confusing Green with Gomes...........for some reason. :oops:

Hence my original post in this thread.............
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 am
I never even heard of any Kirk Snyder.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:19 pm
Looks like Houston feels the same way as all of you do. they just released him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:06 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:Looks like Houston feels the same way as all of you do. they just released him.

Thats hillarious!!!.............. :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Trades