We should have made this deal!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 137
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:10 pm
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... o_houston/

All it took was Kirk Snyder and a second round pick. We could have gave up pietrus or POB and got him.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm
Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............this give Houston back the edge after losing Bonzi and Mike James.

Why the f**k havnt we made a move!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:51 pm
bigstrads wrote:Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............


Why do you say that?. Gerald Green has a lot of believers, it seems, but what has he done so far in his career?. Absolutely nothing. He hasn't been able to crack Minny's rotation, for crying out loud...

We'll see... but if he wasn't able to play for Minny, I can't see how's he gonna get minutes in Houston.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:34 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............


Why do you say that?. Gerald Green has a lot of believers, it seems, but what has he done so far in his career?. Absolutely nothing. He hasn't been able to crack Minny's rotation, for crying out loud...

We'll see... but if he wasn't able to play for Minny, I can't see how's he gonna get minutes in Houston.


True...he never played in Minnesota. If you can't get a chance to prove your worth there, where can you? Seattle?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm
I dont understan the Green thing. He is an athlete, not a basketball player. As tough as this is to admit, I would MUCH rather have MP than Green
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:11 pm
sleandres wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............


Why do you say that?. Gerald Green has a lot of believers, it seems, but what has he done so far in his career?. Absolutely nothing. He hasn't been able to crack Minny's rotation, for crying out loud...

We'll see... but if he wasn't able to play for Minny, I can't see how's he gonna get minutes in Houston.


True...he never played in Minnesota. If you can't get a chance to prove your worth there, where can you? Seattle?


Actually, your all right.............I think I was confusing Green with someone else for reason...........its been a long day waiting to watch last nights game! :mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:50 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/51019/20080221/report_gerald_green_traded_to_houston/

All it took was Kirk Snyder and a second round pick. We could have gave up pietrus or POB and got him.


All Green has proven me is that he can dunk. Sure, he can score. But not consistently... even given the minutes.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13744
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:31 am
Gerald Green reminds me of Jason Richardson, before he developed any kind of jumper. If he can work his outside shot into a steady rhythm, he'll be a player.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:16 am
Gerald Green, to me, seems like one of the poster children for the "...maybe I should have gone to college, at least for a year or two" movement
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:41 am
sleandres wrote:Gerald Green, to me, seems like one of the poster children for the "...maybe I should have gone to college, at least for a year or two" movement


Funny, to me, he seems like one of those poster children for the "...maybe I should have gone to college and never leave" move. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 8
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 pm
Gerald Green is just a ball hog. Good shooter but way to me, me, me, I'm glad we didn't make that trade.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:03 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Jesus............what a dumb trade for Minny............I know there loaded up in swingmen and 2 guards............but Green is one of the better ones.............


Why do you say that?. Gerald Green has a lot of believers, it seems, but what has he done so far in his career?. Absolutely nothing. He hasn't been able to crack Minny's rotation, for crying out loud...

We'll see... but if he wasn't able to play for Minny, I can't see how's he gonna get minutes in Houston.


True...he never played in Minnesota. If you can't get a chance to prove your worth there, where can you? Seattle?


Actually, your all right.............I think I was confusing Green with someone else for reason...........its been a long day waiting to watch last nights game! :mrgreen:


I just realised that I was confusing Green with Gomes...........for some reason. :oops:

Hence my original post in this thread.............
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 84
» Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 am
I never even heard of any Kirk Snyder.

Rookie
Posts: 137
» Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:19 pm
Looks like Houston feels the same way as all of you do. they just released him.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:06 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:Looks like Houston feels the same way as all of you do. they just released him.


Thats hillarious!!!.............. :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests