Another Big Deal Done

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:06 am
jimbob631 wrote:r u wathcing them play this season??????????

So what?. They always play well during the regular season. I actually like their roster and believe they only lack a good coach to be a true contender.

It's during the playoffs, where Flip cannot adapt to any change of style by opposing coaches and they end up losing the series because of him.

Remember when Avery tried to change his approach to the game (playing big against our run & gun) last year?. They had been playing in a certain way the whole season, and Avery decided to try something new for the playoffs. Of course, we swept the floor with them.

Flip does that in every single playoff series. I seriously consider him between the worst 3 coaches of the league. Doc Rivers is also in that list, but Boston has one of the most talented teams in the league... Isiah Thomas is a better coach (just coach... don't get me started about his GM skilss) than any of those two.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:52 am
Yea I agree that Flip is kinda garbage as is doc but I think they r at the point where it really doesn't matter who coached them. Same with the Celtics, Garnett might as well be the coach of that team. Isiah is 10x worse than both of them tho, he has no idea how to set up a rotation or when certain players should play or be taken out and he makes dumb moves that no other coach in the nba does like going into a zone at the end of close games against top notch three point shooting teams.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:00 am
jimbob631 wrote:Isiah is 10x worse than both of them tho, he has no idea how to set up a rotation or when certain players should play or be taken out and he makes dumb moves that no other coach in the nba does like going into a zone at the end of close games against top notch three point shooting teams.

Add a total lack of knowledge about how to control the clock, and you have Doc Rivers. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:03 pm
TMC wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:Isiah is 10x worse than both of them tho, he has no idea how to set up a rotation or when certain players should play or be taken out and he makes dumb moves that no other coach in the nba does like going into a zone at the end of close games against top notch three point shooting teams.

Add a total lack of knowledge about how to control the clock, and you have Doc Rivers. :wink:

You know he has a Coach of the year award right? Looking at his record he doesn't seem all that bad to me. A lot of these teams haven't been all that talented.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/coa ... do01c.html
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:25 pm
cladden wrote:You know he has a Coach of the year award right?

How did he win that? According to that site, he was at .500 and didnt make the playoffs? :shock:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:09 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
cladden wrote:You know he has a Coach of the year award right?

How did he win that? According to that site, he was at .500 and didnt make the playoffs? :shock:

That Orlando team was awful and missed out on the playoffs by one game, losing against the Bucks, who got 8th seed ahead of them, on the last day. That Magic team had rookie Chucky Atkins, John Amachei (who was decent that season) and utter scrubs

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 am
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:

You know he has a Coach of the year award right? Looking at his record he doesn't seem all that bad to me. A lot of these teams haven't been all that talented.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/coa ... do01c.html

I know. He is one of the best motivators in the game, and that's how he was able to make that Magic roster play above their talent level.

It's just that he's clueless once the game starts...
Previous

Return to Trades