Another Big Deal Done

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:03 pm
The cavs basically got rid of their whole team and got another team back. Cleveland must have been desperate to make any move to make Lebron happy.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... and_wally/
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:36 pm
Wow! thats a hell of alot better for Cleveland than the first one suggested in another thread...............that gives them a real chance in the East now............damn, I like it.

Seattle unloading so good for them..............the Bulls...........what the hell are they going to do now??? madness.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:02 pm
Well, that's a weird trade for the Bulls, who were adamant about not taking Larry Hughes contract.

The Cavs had had talks with Seattle about acquiring Wally in a separate deal, to no avail, but seems like they're were able to coerce Chicago into trade Duhon to them.

All things considered, a really odd trade by the Bulls, who finally made a deal they didn't want to make just to get rid of Ben Wallace's contract.

The Cavs (only team that matters in this deal) final roster should look something like this:

PG.- Daniel Gibson / Eric Snow / Damon Jones
SG.- Wally Sczerbiak / Delonte West / Devin Brown
SF.- Lebron / Pavlovic
PF.- Ben Wallace / Joe Smith
C.- Ilgauskas / Varejao

That's a really good team on paper. Very good move by the Cavs, who were going nowhere, even tho Lebron is playing at MVP level.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:52 pm
Yeah, really good trade for the Cavs. It took a while for the Bulls to give Michael solid options to play with. LeBron is starting to get there. I hate Wally but he's a nice pickup to go along with West and Smith as well as Wallace.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:11 pm
This was a great trade because of the chemistry piece. Hughes is a total knucklehead even as a former Warrior and his contract was just bad. It's not big Ben's fault that he was surrounded but a bunch of jump shooters, now he will get to dunk with authority with LeBron giving him assits to the left and to the right. This looks like the Boston trade, you give up a bunch of junk to get three legit starters (Ben, Smith and Wally). Most of those players are not great individually, but with LeBron and Z able to rip apart Detroit with little help, imagine with some players that can actually ball. The 9th seeded Ws exposed the Celtics with a soft early schedule and no West coast victories, so the race for the East is official on.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:46 am
Now the east has two legit teams. Go figure. :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:01 am
Those trades were actually really good. The Cavs are gonig to improve with these guys, but they gotta work on their chemistry. It'll take a while before they get used to seeing each other and playing with each other on court.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:10 pm
TMC wrote:Now the east has two legit teams. Go figure. :mrgreen:

Two? Detroit and Boston have the two best records in the league. I'd make that 3. Orlando's not too bad either. Their top 4 teams are legit.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:49 pm
cladden wrote:

Two? Detroit and Boston have the two best records in the league. I'd make that 3. Orlando's not too bad either. Their top 4 teams are legit.

I don't count Detroit as a legit team, not for the playoffs. Not as long as Flip stays as their coach. Somehow, he'll find a way to melt down in the playoffs.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:04 pm
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:

I don't count Detroit as a legit team, not for the playoffs. Not as long as Flip stays as their coach. Somehow, he'll find a way to melt down in the playoffs.

We'll see. I think they'll be in the finals this year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:09 pm
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:

I think they can make it til the conference finals, with the right matchups. Once they reach that stage, Flip will orchestrate their own defeat.

Although, now that I think of it, if they meet Boston in the finals, Flip will have to face another equally bad coach in Rivers... So, I guess anything can happen.

Man, now that I think of it, it's ridiculous that the two best teams of the east have two coaches as bad as those two...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:37 am
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:

Detroit is always undervalued and forgotten but I also pick them to go to the finals again. I just think Boston will derail and Cavs are not good enough

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:47 am
The East has two legit teams, TMC is right, but Cleveland is not one of them. Boston and Detroit are the only two eastern teams that could make the playoffs out west.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:59 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:The East has two legit teams, TMC is right, but Cleveland is not one of them. Boston and Detroit are the only two eastern teams that could make the playoffs out west.

I still count one. Notice the :mrgreen: on my original post. I agree that the Cavs, on paper, do not have enough talent to beat the Celtics, but I don't think Detroit will be able to do it, so that leaves... the Celtics as the only legit team.

As for making the playoffs in the west... I think Detroit would be fighting with Denver, Phoenix, Houston and us for the last 3 spots. Can't see them any higher.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm
r u wathcing them play this season??????????
I think there gonna win the championship this year, Sheed has kept himself under control, and detroit's bench is great. Stuckey, Johnson, and maxiell have injected energy into this team and Ratliff should further improve them. Cleavland is garbage this year and the magic arent ready to make too much noise in the playoffs.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Next

Return to Trades