BIG DEAL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:48 pm
Well, maybe not that big. Bonzi Wells and Mike James are going to New Orleans, with Bobby Jackson and fillers joining the Rockets.

The Grizzlies are also involved in this deal, getting a bum for the draft rights of another bum. More info here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3256599

Nice move by both teams. Adds depth to New Orleans at SG and frees up some cap space for Houston.

There are rumors of another trade, this one bigger, in the works. Ben Wallace, Joe Smith and Duhon would be traded to Cleveland for Drew Gooden, Donyel Marshall and a bunch of role players. The problem seems to be that Cleveland wants Larry Hughes to be included in that deal... and Chicago doesn't want to pay those 13 million per year he makes.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:00 pm
God damn it man!..........you put the sh*ts right up me then...............I was nervous as hell opening that!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:01 pm
bigstrads wrote:God damn it man!..........you put the sh*ts right up me then...............I was nervous as hell opening that!!!

Hey, it's big for Mike James' family. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:04 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:God damn it man!..........you put the sh*ts right up me then...............I was nervous as hell opening that!!!

Hey, it's big for Mike James' family. :wink:

Nah.............there used to it! :mrgreen:

Ill comment again once Ive finished my dinner..............Im getting Chinese food grease all over my keyboard right now.......... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:19 pm
Anyway...........Chinese finished, cigarette in hand..............this deal is another steal! makes NOH a hell of alot deeper and stronger and gives Houston nothing!

What is it with all these teams just gifting players to the big West guns............I mean damn, its creating a super elite mini-league.

That Cleveland deal is a little odd to me...........Id think that the Cavs would want Gordon in that, as if that deal goes through they get over-loaded up front with still no perimeter threats.

Ohh well, as far as Ive heard this is it............cant believe how little action there has been.............and Pietrus is still here right???!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:27 pm
bigstrads wrote:That Cleveland deal is a little odd to me...........Id think that the Cavs would want Gordon in that, as if that deal goes through they get over-loaded up front with still no perimeter threats.

They wanted to include Gordon, but Chicago rejected the mere idea of it.

This trade can still happen. Remember that if a trade is submitted in time to the league, it's perfectly valid, even if it's approved 1 or 2 hours after the deadline.

bigstrads wrote:Ohh well, as far as Ive heard this is it............cant believe how little action there has been.............and Pietrus is still here right???!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yep. Seems like Error France will be a dub til the offseason.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 pm
this deal favors the hornets its good news for us though the rockets lose depth in their bench and the warriors could gain ground on them now to make the playoffs only to lose in the first round.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:25 pm
I have to agree, this seems to favor NO, which could be a could thing as we get closer to the end of the Playoff race, all this really does is free up cap room for HOU...but hey Warriors fans can't complain
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:46 pm
sleandres wrote:all this really does is free up cap room for HOU...but hey Warriors fans can't complain

And minutes for Luther Head. They already have Bonzi's replacement, and James wasn't getting any minutes. I kinda like the trade for both teams.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:53 pm
Solid move by the Hornets. Their bench has improved especially since their second unit has a hard time doing pretty much anything.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:30 am
The Hornets just got way better. Both players they got are better than Jackson.

Bonzi Wells > Mike James > Bobby Jackson

Not a flashy deal, but an effective one. The Hornets have HUGE depth now.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Trades