kurt thomas....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:02 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3255661

Excuse me for my language but mully better be ****ing putting together a trade for a big man and back up pg because its looking
like warrior basketball is gonna be out manned in the west if mully
doesnt pull a trade thats gonna benefit us in the playoffs or if we make the playoffs.

SORRY BUT THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF SEEMS LIKE THE THE ELITE TEAMS IN THE WEST ARE GETTING BETTER AND THE WARRIORS WELL.... I GUESS WE GOTTA WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN TODAY AND TOMARROW.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:38 pm
I am definately bummed about this. Not that I ever thought we were going to get KT but I really WANTED them to and this ends that dream!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:42 pm
We need a trade to keep our playoff dream alive
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:43 pm
I agree mistex............this move is making me real nervous that we are going to unload half our team for a surgically rebuilt J O'Neal or Brand.

Thats the problem though, we need to do something to compete with what all these teams are doing...........but whos out there that could make a dent in Utah's, San Antonio's, Lakers and Im going to go with Suns's frontlines????............no-one really, atleast who isnt banged up and/or going to take half our team to get.................Im nervous, real nervous.

And the crap thing is, that either way were pretty screwed, if we dont make a move, were gonna get trampled the rest of the way or at best in the playoffs..............and if we do make a move, were probably going to have to take a big risk on an injury prown guy and give half our team/chemistry to do it! :banghead:

Damn, that Gasol fella isnt looking too bad to me now.

Seriously though..............who is out there/available that could actually help us compete against these teams, who isnt banged up????..........Im actually stumped, cant think of anyone.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 pm
Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Seriously tho, possibly Udonis Haslem, im not sure about JO but maybe him, Hakim, maybe Okafor, Dalembert, maybe a guy like Humphries,
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:30 pm
I wanna see JO in a W's uniform! But I doubt it will happen. If you think the Jazz game is bad wait till Bynum and Lakers come to town!

Gasol and Bynum are young big who will give the W's frontline fits for years!

With JO we get a 6'11 245-250 post player. He's not too bulky so that should help him in our running game. Injuries I'm not worried about since we took a chance on Baron and his history. Plus, playing in the W's system that doesn't expose him to the bump and grind system that expose him to his injuries. Only on certain occasions where they'll need him to play a post up game in half court sets.

I'd rather have a 6'11 player than another tweener 6'8 player like Brand who would have a hard time guarding Gasol and Bynum...

JO is still about 29 years old and he had a 27 pt, 9 reb and 6 blks against GS last month...So it proves that he can play in the up and down game... 8)
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm
I WANT ELTON BRAND

BARON
MONTA
JACKSON
BRAND
ANDRIS
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:43 pm
Really solid pickup for the Spurs. Thomas can fit in as a backup for pretty much every team.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Really solid pickup for the Spurs. Thomas can fit in as a backup for pretty much every team.

Yep, this is a GREAT move by the Spurs. Much better than Phoenix trading for Shaq or Dallas trading for Kidd (no kidding :mrgreen: , really ). This move improves the Spurs without losing anything at all. Dallas had to part ways with Devin Harris and Diop to add Kidd. Only the Gasol trade looks better than this.

As for Seattle, it's also a good move. They got expirers for him and added a pick. What else could they ask for?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:07 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Really solid pickup for the Spurs. Thomas can fit in as a backup for pretty much every team.

Yep, this is a GREAT move by the Spurs. Much better than Phoenix trading for Shaq or Dallas trading for Kidd (no kidding :mrgreen: , really ). This move improves the Spurs without losing anything at all. Dallas had to part ways with Devin Harris and Diop to add Kidd. Only the Gasol trade looks better than this.

As for Seattle, it's also a good move. They got expirers for him and added a pick. What else could they ask for?

That's why the Spurs win championships without going after big names. They are smart when they trade and draft. They don't trade/sign for big names... they go after a solid role player such Ime Udoka or Kurt Thomas. You hate them because they're boring, but have to appreciate how wise they are when it comes to player management.

As for Seattle... they NEED veterans. Adding Brent helps because this team needs mentors/veteran presence as long as they keep continuing to grow.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:32 am
Those Spurs are genius and maybe another championship coming

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:40 am
migya wrote:Those Spurs are genius and maybe another championship coming

Yeah, I really see it coming down to the Spurs and a fully-loaded Lakers team...I hate when I have to root for San Antonio, but in this case I would have to :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:42 am
sleandres wrote:

Yeah, I really see it coming down to the Spurs and a fully-loaded Lakers team...I hate when I have to root for San Antonio, but in this case I would have to :banghead:

Certainly seems like that. I'd give the edge to San Antonio right now, but if Bynum comes back strong... I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers running away with the conference.

In the east, it's clearly Boston and, maybe, Cleveland, after yesterday's overhaul of their roster. Just maybe.

In any case, those are the only teams I can imagine winning the championship.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:12 am
TMC wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Certainly seems like that. I'd give the edge to San Antonio right now, but if Bynum comes back strong... I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers running away with the conference.

In the east, it's clearly Boston and, maybe, Cleveland, after yesterday's overhaul of their roster. Just maybe.

In any case, those are the only teams I can imagine winning the championship.

No love for Detriot Rock City? I would love for the Cavs to step it up and beat Boston in the Playoffs!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:44 am
sleandres wrote:No love for Detriot Rock City? I would love for the Cavs to step it up and beat Boston in the Playoffs!

As long as Flip is their coach, no. They'll make it as far as the playoff matchups allow them. Which means, no better than conferece finals (unless injuries get in the way, of course).

Return to Trades