Artest............sucks d**k.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:44 pm
Im sorry, I know all the jazz about how he could help us and others................but this guy is insane, and a pure mercanary...........f**k him.

Reason = Now Bibby has been traded for a salary dump bunch, he knows that the Kings can offer him big bucks............so what does he do, he says this =

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3249812

The pick of the quote is this =

"My entire focus is with Sac and winning a championship this year."

WTF!!!..............all year hes been saying he wants out, all that crap about how the Queens are better without him and now they are gonna have some real money to use...............now he wants to stay...............and win a Championship............??????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guy is a head-case and I dont want him pulling his crazy crap with us.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:54 pm
I expect nothing less from Artest
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 pm
Mike Bibby has been exiled after nearly seven seasons with the Sacramento Kings. Is Ron Artest next?

Artest told ESPN.com on Saturday that he's no longer lobbying for a move before Thursday's trading deadline.

"I am anxious to see what my future holds, [but] I like Sac," Artest wrote in an e-mail. "My entire focus is with Sac and winning a championship this year."

Earlier this month, Artest said repeatedly that the Kings "would be better if I wasn't on the team." But he's backed off those comments, which apparently stem from Artest's concern that Sacramento isn't interested in keeping him beyond this season.

Artest has the ability to terminate his contract at season's end and become a free agent in July. Earning $7.4 million this season and due to make the same amount next season, Artest will be seeking a substantial raise if he does opt out.

Yet there have been no indications that such a raise is coming from the Kings. And after shedding Bibby's $14.5 million salary for next season, Sacramento seems unlikely to part with Artest now in any trade that adds long-term salary to the Kings' payroll -- even with the likes of Denver's Carmelo Anthony using his All-Star Weekend platform to publicly call for his team to trade for Artest.

The Kings might have other motivations to keep him around. Artest has been playing maybe his best ball as a King since those comments about leaving, with first-year coach Reggie Theus praising Artest's increased willingness to share the ball and his all-around team play in making the claim this week that "Ron is our go-to guy."

As for Bibby's departure, Artest has always tried to convince the skeptics that he and Bibby were closer than outsiders believe. He tried again Saturday to dispel the notion that there was friction between the two, insisting that they often worked out together away from the practice floor and spent time with each other's children.

"Bibby treated me like family," Artest said.

I guess a lot has happened since last week when "Sacramento would be a better team without me?" :shock:

I wonder if this guy is, in fact, insane??!?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:38 am
sleandres wrote:I wonder if this guy is, in fact, insane??!?

I thought that much was clear at this point of his career... :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:05 am
and you still want a madman on your team :scratch:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:02 am
martin wrote:and you still want a madman on your team :scratch:

Who does???

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 am
well there was a thread where tons of people were so hyped about the possibility of artest coming to warrios :shock:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:45 am
martin wrote:well there was a thread where tons of people were so hyped about the possibility of artest coming to warrios :shock:

Yeah, exactly, thats why I made this one to say how much we shouldnt get him..............
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:42 am
Lebron and the Cavs are interested in Artest....

send him to the Eastern Conference

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 pm
haha...id still love having artest here. i dont discriminate against the mentally unstable. LOL.

no matter what issues he has goin on in his head, point is he's a good ball player. maybe he has two personalities(like stephen jackson... see this months issue of ESPN magazine): ron artest, the insane...and ron artest, the ball player. if we trade for him, we get both....but the one that is consistently on the court is the one that will help us win. i understand that a lot of you might find it troubling having him on our team but i dont have any problem with it. i still think he'd help our team more than hurt it
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:39 pm
EMan32 wrote:haha...id still love having artest here. i dont discriminate against the mentally unstable. LOL.

no matter what issues he has goin on in his head, point is he's a good ball player. maybe he has two personalities(like stephen jackson... see this months issue of ESPN magazine): ron artest, the insane...and ron artest, the ball player. if we trade for him, we get both....but the one that is consistently on the court is the one that will help us win. i understand that a lot of you might find it troubling having him on our team but i dont have any problem with it. i still think he'd help our team more than hurt it

I've got no problem with Artest the player. I've got no problem with Artest the mentally unstable... weird guy. But I do have a problem with what may cost to get him.

If it's only Pietrus and a first (lottery protected), I'd say go for it... If it takes more, forget it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:41 pm
EMan32 wrote:haha...id still love having artest here. i dont discriminate against the mentally unstable. LOL.

All fair enough Eman.............but think about it............what has he ever actually done to help a team in terms of winning and going into the playoffs?.............the suspensions and all the rest of it..............then his actual play hasnt exactly transpired into success.

The only way it would work is if Nellie/Mully/Baron could do a Jackson with him...........but I think if there is one player in the league that is past being able/willing to change.............its him.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:55 pm
bigstrads wrote:

All fair enough Eman.............but think about it............what has he ever actually done to help a team in terms of winning and going into the playoffs?.............the suspensions and all the rest of it..............then his actual play hasnt exactly transpired into success.

i actually think he was pretty instrumental to the pacers success pre-brawl. when he was on the bulls, he didnt have a star on the team. he needs one or two stars with him to be as successful as he was in indiana. in no way do i think he could win a game by himself but with good players around him the team can be successful. i just think that his defense could push our team over the edge...defense is contagious and with his defense here it could have our whole team playing good D, not just baron n jax with the occasional blocks and showings from biedrins n barnes.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:30 am
Artest may be insane, but if anyone can control/motivate him it is SJAX! Jackson went into the trenches and threw down for Ron Ron, so if there is one person he owes anything to in this league it is captain jack. If Jack asks him to, he will suck it up, be a team player, and take us to the next level. The run and gun strategy may have limits, but if it ever worked worked on championship level it may take Artests defense to get us there.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:52 am
True, I actually think it is pretty obvious that he could fit in this crazy bunch with Nellie as the ring leader...he would be a defensive asset, plus with Nelson as coach Ron would know his touches would come around
Next

Return to Trades