what would it take to get jermaine o'neal?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:48 pm
I had this thought, you remember that indiana traded al harrington to the warriors because he didnt play well next to jermaine. if you recall harrington got traded to the hawks, signed back with the pacers, even though the warriors had strong interest.

jermaine's situation in indiana has got to be driving those people crazy. you kind of get the feeling that jermaine needs to get motivated again. a fresh start perhaps?

i could see a 3 team deal, to make the #'s work better. with us giving up hopefully harrington or wright and a pick or so. while indiana gets back a player or two and big expiring contract from the 3rd team so they can be players in free agency again.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:05 am
"what would it take to get jermaine o'neal"

i could write an essay on this. instead, i'll sumarize it in the few words it really takes: more than id want to give.

even if it was just harrington, buike, and whoever to make salaries work, i wouldnt do it. his injury proneness is way too uncomfortable for me, and we'd have to break up a big chunk of our team just to get him. besides, i dont think bird would wanna make the deal unless monta or biedrins was involved...hence "more than id want to give".
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:26 am
I agree EMan32, I personally think Al and Bookie are too much for him, and that wouldn't even make salaries work...I just don't see this as a possibility, or a good idea.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:52 am
EMan32 wrote: "more than id want to give".

[/thread over]

Nah, really, Jermaine still has a great rep around the league, and his contract is way too high. Adding him would be great (as long as he stays healthy, that is), but would also break the current team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 am
Jermaine is headed out of Indiana and if he starts demanding to go and real soon, they'll trade him for a couple of 1st rounders if they could. To make salaries work, it would be hard for Mullin, having Foyle's contract still would be handy. There is always the TE that could be given separately (I think something like that can still be done) but why get Jermaine, he is so injuryprone

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 pm
just heard on espn that the W's are goin after Jermaine ONeal

GET IT DONE!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:27 pm
Mr.Kunlathep_Chucnjit wrote:just heard on espn that the W's are goin after Jermaine ONeal

GET IT DONE!!

Oh, man. That is rough. I cant imagine us getting him without giving up Wright, Ellis, or Andris, and I wouldnt want to do that. Do you have a link or was it in ESPN Radio, or what? :|
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm
Mr.Kunlathep_Chucnjit wrote:just heard on espn that the W's are goin after Jermaine ONeal

GET IT DONE!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.....................NO!!!!

The guy is done..............too many injuries.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:39 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

GET IT DONE!!

Oh, man. That is rough. I cant imagine us getting him without giving up Wright, Ellis, or Andris, and I wouldnt want to do that. Do you have a link or was it in ESPN Radio, or what? :|

Ric Bucher said that it a possibility, but most likely would not happen...I have been looking for a link to no avail, at this point.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:33 pm
bigstrads wrote:

GET IT DONE!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.....................NO!!!!

Well you have to consider what state of mind Mullin and Nelson are in after the Lakers made a move for Gasol, the Suns went with O'Neal, and the Mavs went after Kidd. Those were quality moves and the Suns and Mavs only did it because the Lakers improved their team vastly and to me... seemed to panic. I mean, who adds two future first round picks to get Kidd who only has so much left in him? And why trade for a man that does not fit in the offense that the Suns run? There's plenty of answers.

So you wonder... are the Warriors willing to go after a star player to bulk up their chances to win after all what's happened? I don't know, but they only have tomorrow and Thursday to think about it. The deadline is almost here.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:56 pm
artest over JO....PLEASE!!!!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 am
EMan32 wrote:artest over JO....PLEASE!!!!

I agree, I would rather have Artest than ONeal...as many others have said too many injuries!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:21 am
bigstrads wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.....................NO!!!!

Easy, man. He's not done. Far from it. It's true he's a mild injury-risk, but he played 69 games last year, so it's not like he won't ever be able to play again. Look at him like a Baron-like player. A guy that, when healthy, gives you a chance to beat anybody.

As for this trade... I'm ok with it as long as Beans, Monta and Baron (and we already know Indiana won't take Jackson back) are not involved. That lineup would give us a real chance to be dangerous in the playoffs, something the current roster cannot achieve.

Of course, I cannot fathom the Pacers making such a trade if it doesn't involve any of the above names... But hey, we got Jax and Al for Dun and Murphy, right?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:33 am
Im all for J.O

Bring Him to the Bay

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:40 am
I also heard the rumor on espn, he said it involved
Pietrus
Harrington
O' Bryant